offensive/rude things you’ve been told as an anorexic - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

offensive/rude things you’ve been told as an anorexic

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 burn.ed_out

burn.ed_out

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:26 PM

pretty much what the subject say. what are some offensive and/or rude things people have told you innocently as an anorexic?

i’ll start:

from my nutritionist: “you’re losing your curves! don’t you want to have sex appeal?” (this was said to me, 16 years old and asexual)

from my ED doctor: “don’t worry, other girls that come here are normally a lot worse”

from my mom: “you can’t start driving until you’re at your goal weight. it’ll be a good incentive” (said to me after gaining 15 lb and being 8 lb from goal weight)
  • PrettyLilKitty, pintsized and jpi332 like this

#2 moonstones

moonstones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Location🪴

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:35 PM

Your nutritionist needs their license revoked or some shit. That is disturbing. I am sad to hear you are growing up with a toxic parent as well.

What gets under my skin the most lately are my loved ones trying to remind me “how great I looked/felt/was doing” when I “weighed X lbs.” Yeah, I KNOW.
  • jpi332, Pioumi and Burneraccount2004 like this

#3 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2843 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:47 PM

damn n i thought id been to some quacks....

1. shrink told me guys don't get e.d's..

2. at my lw 98 pounds, mom told me i still was chubby, sadly this wasn't the worst she's said...

3. doc told me it wasn't bad for me to faint while doing my blood pressure.

4. kicked out of IOP for, not wanting to get 100 percent better, (tho i did deserve to be thrown out just not for that)

• SoManyCucumbers, StarvingLlama*-* and Pioumi like this

<p>Dream Believe you will succeed-Scott Stapp--
Height 5-9
Weight-112

gw:100

ugh:98

#4 Cymmetry

Cymmetry

Faceache

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15128 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:57 PM

“you’re the skinniest person i’ve ever seen!” - some random old bitch at the grocery store.

“yeah but i mean we see REAL anorexics like ACTUALLY anorexic people in here, you know?” - ER doctor when i was in the hospital for refeeding syndrome at bmi 12 with an anorexia diagnosis on my file.

“where’d your ass go?!” - my abusive ex when i started losing weight again who refused to even call my eating disorder what it was and referred to it as my “calorie obsession.”
  • WanderingLove, Hanna94 and jpi332 like this

bta85nc.jpg

#5 chopstick legs

chopstick legs

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2560 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:07 PM

dumbest thing my mom said to me
“why don’t you eat enough”

#6 SoManyCucumbers

SoManyCucumbers

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:12 PM

damn n i thought id been to some quacks....

1. shrink told me guys don't get e.d's..

2. at my lw 98 pounds, mom told me i still was chubby, sadly this wasn't the worst she's said...

3. doc told me it wasn't bad for me to faint while doing my blood pressure.

4. kicked out of IOP for, not wanting to get 100 percent better, (tho i did deserve to be thrown out just not for that)

Wow, must have been a relief to know that you couldn't POSSIBLY have an ED! ...that's garbage and I hope that shrink lost their damn license.

Height: 5'3"

HW: 196 | LW: 128 | SW: 167.7 | CW: 140.8 | UGW: 95

|159 149 139 129 119 | 109 | 99 95 |

*A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y*

(but make it fun)

*blog*

(in case I leave MPA)

PROUD, UPSTANDING MEMBER OF MAYO NATION

typeo.gif

#7 Burneraccount2004

Burneraccount2004

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1537 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:17 PM

Your nutritionist is garbage
  • Iro likes this

#8 Aworkingprogress

Aworkingprogress

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationManchester, United Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:18 PM

A random lady on a shopping trip out with my papa for the first time in 9 years (just so u get how big this was for me) said “oh gosh it can’t be healthy to be your size” … my whole fucking body wanted to slam her head off the floor

#9 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2843 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:38 PM

Wow, must have been a relief to know that you couldn't POSSIBLY have an ED! ...that's garbage and I hope that shrink lost their damn license.

Eh sadly most even today that gut have guys don't have e.d's...Blessing in a way, around friends n normal people..dont get asked to eat more etc...

A random lady on a shopping trip out with my papa for the first time in 9 years (just so u get how big this was for me) said “oh gosh it can’t be healthy to be your size” … my whole fucking body wanted to slam her head off the floor

ugh, so sorry...people can just be ass-hats..body shaming of any size fucking sux monkey nuts

• SoManyCucumbers likes this

Height 5-9
Weight-112

#10 Diet_Coke_Head

Diet_Coke_Head

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:44 PM

"I'm glad you stopped starving and you're getting better" IM FASTING A BINGE OFF BITCH
  • PrettyLilKitty, 70kgdaydream, skymningwolf and 2 others like this

#11 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6002 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

My "family" (blood) call me skeletor alot and about 2 weeks ago I couldn't find my 1-clip for my clippers so I just straight up shaved my head and I've gotten at least 5 comments that I look like a concentration camp victim
Thank God its finally grown in a bit like a 2-clip
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" goal - 99? Why not hahahahaha
I'm definitely falling in a rabbit hole now....

#12 cancermoon

cancermoon

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

when i was abt 5 lbs heavier than i am now, slightly underweight bmi i was hanging out w my guy friend (who i hadn’t seen in a bit) and he’s like “wtf have u been eating?” and i was like it’s my meds they make me lose weight. then later (keep in mind we were w 2 other friends of ours) he’s like “you used to b hot not gonna lie like ur body was good now u just… ur way too skinny” and i’m like ok 👌 and he was like grabbing ky wrist and like “how is ur wrist so tiny” and like comparing them it was just hella uncomfy

#13 cancermoon

cancermoon

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:46 PM

also we were talking abt death the other day and i’m like “i’m probably gonna die from-“ and he’s like “malnutrition “
  • jpi332 likes this

#14 Maladaptive

Maladaptive

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:03 PM

This one is probably true (which is why it hurt a lot) and my friend said it, not knowing that I was/am struggling.

"Anorexia is for people that are self-sabotaging."

This comment definitely made me feel like my eating disorder was my fault, and I'm an attention-whore that deserves to suffer.

Current BMI: 14.2

Height: 5'4.5" / 164cm / 1.64m

Highest Weight : 98.8lbs / 44.81kg / 7.1 Stone (2011)

Start Weight: 97lbs / 43.99kg / 6.9 Stone (2009)

Current Weight : 84.2 lbs / 38.2kg / 6 Stone (5/28/2021)

Lowest Weight : 84.2 lbs / 38.2kg / 6 Stone (5/28/2021)

Goal Weight : Whatever weight I start not hating myself at

tenor.gif

#15 Parrot

Parrot

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2250 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:10 PM

My worst has been psych nurses and other staff on mental health wards/units asking for diet tips, when they know I have AN.

That is so fucked up.

• Iro, Hanna94 and Unicorn SS like this

#16 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5459 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:29 PM

a lot of stuff over the years but recently someone I know has made a few comments.. she's someone I met in recent years so didn't know my history or see me at a low weight until this recent relapse. when I first met her I was 80 pounds heavier and we were talking about ed's so I mentioned I have an ed and she was like "yeah but have you seen REAL anorexics how shit their skin looks when they're older". there was so much in that to be offended by I just didn't respond lol. then since my relapse now I'm back at a lw she pretty much knows I'm purging so obviously not a healthy weight loss but still constantly asks me how much weight I lost (I don't tell her and it drives her mad) and tells me how much better I look now.. I even straight up told her to stop pestering me about it because it's a sensitive issue and I don't wish to talk about it as I have been unwell with my ed.. she responded by telling me to keep up the good work wtf. 

• Iro and Hanna94 like this

#17 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5459 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:30 PM

My worst has been psych nurses and other staff on mental health wards/units asking for diet tips, when they know I have AN.

That is so fucked up.

(some) psych staff are THE WORST for this and in so many other ways too

idk how many times I've heard "you have so much self control" wtf 

#18 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2843 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:52 PM

(some) psych staff are THE WORST for this and in so many other ways too

idk how many times I've heard "you have so much self control" wtf 

swear they are a breeding ground for e.ds or most of them have e.ds in treatment places as well

Height 5-9
Weight-112

#19 w!ther

w!ther

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:54 PM

Jesus. Fuck all these people saying this shit. I think the rudest/weirdest shit that happened to me was when I was at my lowest point and this girl who I hadn't talked to in a long time but knew about me having AN started texting me asking for fucking weight loss tips and "how I did it". Didn't know how to react to that shit lol

• Burneraccount2004 likes this

5'11"

HW: 155 (BMI 21.6)

CW: 100 (BMI 13.9)

GW: 99 (BMI 13.8)
LW: 96 (BMI 13.4)

#20 oh2belovely

oh2belovely

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2413 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:49 PM

Always commenting on how skinny I am and how I wouldn’t be able to do x y z because I’d just break apart or snap in half. It’s WEIRD! Especially in situations where I’m actively putting myself out of my own comfort zone and I just have loads of people saying I won’t be able to do something because of how I look.
  • Hanna94 likes this

998927p7vnzvtz22.gif998927p7vnzvtz22.gif

lw 104 / 5'10 (14.92)

accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users