offensive/rude things you’ve been told as an anorexic - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

offensive/rude things you’ve been told as an anorexic

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 PrettyLilKitty

PrettyLilKitty

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1171 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:00 PM

"You look like you just escaped a concentration camp"
Thx my ancestors were Jewish, that's not offensive at all....

• skymningwolf likes this

#22 hunthebun

hunthebun

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1214 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:41 PM

sexualising a child?? a menatlly ill one?? that's messed up. 

• jpi332 likes this

an immortal anorexic with a god complex 

175cm (5'9"),

all leg 

hw = 56kg (BMI 18.9, I was shorter)

lw = 31kg (BMI 10.1)

cw= 31.9kg (BMI 10.something)

​*mentally preparing for my arse being forced into treatment soon*

#23 ThinCM

ThinCM

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:46 PM

I went to a party, and I came a little bit later then anyone else. When I sat down some guy some over at tried to tie his hand around my ankles. I’m kinda in shock as he says “damn, you really are very skinny! We’re have talking about if a hand would fit around your ankles”.
Well then it’s okay. I see.

Start weight / 79 kg - 172 lbs / BMI - 25.8

Lowest weight / 46 kg - 101 lbs / BMI - 15

Current weight / 51 kg - 112lbs / BMI - 16.6

Goal Weight / 44 kg - 97 lbs / BMI - 14.37

Height/ 175 cm - 5'9

#24 burn.ed_out

burn.ed_out

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:32 PM

This one is probably true (which is why it hurt a lot) and my friend said it, not knowing that I was/am struggling.

"Anorexia is for people that are self-sabotaging."

This comment definitely made me feel like my eating disorder was my fault, and I'm an attention-whore that deserves to suffer.

oh god ive gotten comments like this too. and i feel the exact same way when i hear them. even if we do use our ED as a form of self-harm or something, it is still something that’s out of our control and severe.
  • WanderingLove, Hanna94 and jpi332 like this

#25 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1600 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:55 PM

“You aren’t anorexic”-my father, who knows that I was told I was anorexic by the freaking iop dieticians

“Next time you pass out I’m going to leave you there”-my mom

“You look healthy”-my former therapist, to me, at a BMI in the 16’s

“At least you weigh enough to menstruate”-minute clinic doctor when I was trying to get my sports physical done

“You look like you wouldn’t be able to lift a baby out of the pool, you’re so tiny!! Are you certified?”-lady at the pool when I was working as a lifeguard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hanna94 likes this

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#26 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1600 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:56 PM

dumbest thing my mom said to me
“why don’t you eat enough”

Omg that’s my dad.

“You aren’t anorexic”

“Why can’t you eat”

• chopstick legs likes this

#27 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1600 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:58 PM

Jesus. Fuck all these people saying this shit. I think the rudest/weirdest shit that happened to me was when I was at my lowest point and this girl who I hadn't talked to in a long time but knew about me having AN started texting me asking for fucking weight loss tips and "how I did it". Didn't know how to react to that shit lol

Lol just say straight up. How do you lose weight? “Eat less”.

#28 Lacy-Lay Urn

Lacy-Lay Urn

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:59 PM

At my lowest, literally every family member wouldn't be quiet about how "gaunt" my face looked

I think they were full of shit to be honest, considering most of my family is overweight 

H: 5' 2"

CW: 109

HW: 116

LW: 88

GW:90

tumblr_m0jii9aFfp1qh5mm9o1_500_zpsb422b2

#29 NetochkaNezvanova

NetochkaNezvanova

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:34 AM

Calling me fat at ninety pounds. I was thirty years old at the time.

#30 Passivesuicidalist

Passivesuicidalist

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1541 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:57 AM

I'll never forget my first night inpatient for anorexia. (forced)

The staff member who searched me/my luggage told me she was surprised when she saw me, because I didn't look extremely thin, like someone with an eating disorder.

This was at an eating disorder facility treating ALL eating disorders, not just restrictive ones, it was an emergency check in at like midnight after a very chaotic and emotional night, while I was also going through intense drug withdrawal since I was getting clean. I had had acute renal failure a few months prior, and was roughly 85 lb at 5'6.

I'll never fucking forget that.
  • Hanna94 likes this
Highest BMI: 23.4 (Post refeeding/IP)
Lowest BMI: 12.1 (Acute renal failure)
Current BMI: I haven't the faintest clue, I had to quit weighing myself 4 years ago to (attempt to) save my sanity.

#31 Butterflygirl88

Butterflygirl88

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 July 2021 - 02:13 AM

After losing a lot of weight …

FEMALE BOSS “You look scrawny”

MALE COLLEAGUE “ You look like (famous person) … She’s hot”

MOTHER “You don’t want to gain weight and lose that cute body/ nice but/ sexy look etc.”

OK, neither my boss, colleague nor mother knew I had an ED. They didn’t know I was starving myself. Also, most people would not find it offensive to be called sexy but I hate the word.

BUT

ED DIETICIAN: “Other people who see me do what I say. I tell them what to eat and they do it. There’s no point you coming here if you won’t listen.

ED PSYCHOLOGIST: would admit that she wanted to lose weight and congratulate me on my weight loss. But the worst thing was comparing me to her other ED clients, telling me their BMI’s and saying how much they ate. She described one of them well enough that I could recognize her.

“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.”
― Lao Tzu

HW ever: Too ashamed to say! 😢
HW this year: 75kg (after relapsing and regaining weight)
Current weight unknown because I’m too scared to weigh myself. Afraid I’m bigger than my HW. Feel so miserable.
GW1: 70kg ❎
GW2: 65kg ❎
GW3: 60kg ❎
UGW: 55kg ❎ I will be happy 😃. All of my mental health issues will magically disappear.

#32 JunoMcGaff

JunoMcGaff

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 02:17 AM

My dad when he found out abt my ed when i was 13: "you dissapointed us" and "you were always the smart kid"

Like??? i guess its all about you lol

Odesláno z mého POT-LX1 pomocí Tapatalk
  • WanderingLove, LokiOfAsgard, Hanna94 and 1 other like this

#33 RainbowBritesFight

RainbowBritesFight

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:15 AM

Was out of ip on a day trip with family, lady in primark complained there were no large sizes to me, saying “I’ll just have to go anorexic”. Ik she didn’t know but it was a fucked up thing to say in general

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#34 Whispered_scream

Whispered_scream

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:48 PM

When I came back home for Christmas (keep in mind I went to a performing arts school), my family was really concerned and I guess talked to my mom about getting me help. I'm guessing she thought I told them I had an ed and not her which makes no sense cause why would I tell them that if I wasn't ready for treatment, ya know? Anyways she started screaming at me about it and I finally broke down crying explaining how depressed I've been, etc. and when I was done she started CLAPPING and said "wow, your school really taught you how to act" I still get so upset whenever I think about this night.

My moms boyfriend when I got up for more food at Thanksgiving: "Wow you have a pit for a stomach tonight" 

My cousin when we were talking about how her sister lost some weight: "I mean she's def not starving herself or throwing up like you do" 

#35 poiuytr

poiuytr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts
  • LocationState of Denial

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:04 PM

Some random woman said to her friend behind me at the store loudly so I could hear "She looks so haggard! Look how thin she is and she looks young!"  It was really rude and hurtful. 

mdJZlzb.gif

cute-anorexic-chicks-thrurscays-o-kdlt-f

My blog:

https://thinandhealt....wordpress.com/

#36 w!ther

w!ther

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:37 PM

Lol just say straight up. How do you lose weight? “Eat less”.

I was nice about it but basically fucking said that lmfaooo. I was so pissed I just stopped talking to them all together. 

• jpi332 likes this

5'11"

HW: 155 (BMI 21.6)

CW: 100 (BMI 13.9)

GW: 99 (BMI 13.8)
LW: 96 (BMI 13.4)

#37 advocatusdiaboli

advocatusdiaboli

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:47 PM

Highschool classmate asked me for weight-loss tips after I came back from the inpatient clinic stay & after just having told her I've been struggling and how shit it all was.

Also when I was at my lowest these random neighborhood teens my age at the time called me ugly cause of my low weight and made fun of me on my way home from school.

"They say humans are social animals, they can't live alone. But you can live pretty well by yourself. I tell ya... instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself."

HW/SW: 61 kg
CW: 49 kg

GW1: 49 kg

GW2: 48 kg
GW3: 47 kg

UGW: 46 kg
LW: 40 kg (pre-"recovery")

🌙

#38 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3880 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:48 PM

"It's your fault that your stitches didn't heal right, since you're malnourishing yourself."

From an urgent care doc when I went to get some stitches removed from my hand, totally unrelated to my ED.

#39 RumHam

RumHam

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3594 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:08 PM

I'll never forget my first night inpatient for anorexia. (forced)
The staff member who searched me/my luggage told me she was surprised when she saw me, because I didn't look extremely thin, like someone with an eating disorder.
This was at an eating disorder facility treating ALL eating disorders, not just restrictive ones, it was an emergency check in at like midnight after a very chaotic and emotional night, while I was also going through intense drug withdrawal since I was getting clean. I had had acute renal failure a few months prior, and was roughly 85 lb at 5'6.
I'll never fucking forget that.

I want to find and harm that woman… What did she want you to have? A BMI of 8?
Height - 5'1 HW - 108 CW 89 LW - 80 UGW-79

#40 claraistired

claraistired

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:12 PM

when i was abt 5 lbs heavier than i am now, slightly underweight bmi i was hanging out w my guy friend (who i hadn’t seen in a bit) and he’s like “wtf have u been eating?” and i was like it’s my meds they make me lose weight. then later (keep in mind we were w 2 other friends of ours) he’s like “you used to b hot not gonna lie like ur body was good now u just… ur way too skinny” and i’m like ok 👌 and he was like grabbing ky wrist and like “how is ur wrist so tiny” and like comparing them it was just hella uncomfy

That’s terrible! Reminds me of my ex who said he preferred chubby girls and complained about how skinny I was when I was a normal weight the whole time I was with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users