anyone been able to get a low BMI after IP? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

anyone been able to get a low BMI after IP?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 paolarbear

paolarbear

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:06 AM

title

was your family on your case? how did you manage to not get sent back LOL. Its my biggest fear, but I need to lose again 

5'5

98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90 89 88 87 86 85

"its nice to feel your ribs on mine"

#2 scorpinelle

scorpinelle

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2631 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:21 AM

yes but it took me like a year to get to even a relatively low bmi, [went from about 22 to 16, from sept 2015 to early summer 2016], however then - mainly cus was a minor still - was threatened with ip again and had to gain the weight back and i only just managed to get back to a really low weight in 2020. however i have to admit that during 2017 and again during 2019 i sort of gave up and binge ate every single day so my progress was definitely hindered by that

the other day i got threatened w ip again cus hit bmi of like 14 [i'm an adult now so there is less control exercised over me n what i do but i still can get sectioned so gotta b careful lol] so i had to put on a few kg and now my bmi is 15 and everyones sort of ok about that [i.e there are fewer threats of hospital being chucked around], however last night i tried to skip a snack and my mum said she'd call my gp if i didn't eat it so i'm kind of stuck at this weight rn

it's definitely difficult to get back to a low weight after ip, but it is definitely possible and if you're careful and sneaky and don't obviously drop like 8kg in 2 weeks or somethng, ur unlikely to be sent back ip <3

• skymningwolf, leetlelily and paolarbear like this

"i have no place in the world."

"exactly."

giphy.gif

#3 lylieanna

lylieanna

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:22 AM

Yes. I actually hit my lowest BMI (low 13.4) after a stay in IP and res. I live on my own and my family is hours away in another state. It was only my therapist that saw my weight dropping significantly, and she did have me go back two years after the last stay. Rather, she told me to at least call and do an assessment and then after that, it was up to me on what I wanted to do. I was sort of given a death sentence, so I went back and that in itself is another story.

• paolarbear likes this

#4 paolarbear

paolarbear

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:57 AM

yes but it took me like a year to get to even a relatively low bmi, [went from about 22 to 16, from sept 2015 to early summer 2016], however then - mainly cus was a minor still - was threatened with ip again and had to gain the weight back and i only just managed to get back to a really low weight in 2020. however i have to admit that during 2017 and again during 2019 i sort of gave up and binge ate every single day so my progress was definitely hindered by that

the other day i got threatened w ip again cus hit bmi of like 14 [i'm an adult now so there is less control exercised over me n what i do but i still can get sectioned so gotta b careful lol] so i had to put on a few kg and now my bmi is 15 and everyones sort of ok about that [i.e there are fewer threats of hospital being chucked around], however last night i tried to skip a snack and my mum said she'd call my gp if i didn't eat it so i'm kind of stuck at this weight rn

it's definitely difficult to get back to a low weight after ip, but it is definitely possible and if you're careful and sneaky and don't obviously drop like 8kg in 2 weeks or somethng, ur unlikely to be sent back ip <3

wow that must be mentally tolling. its nice to know people care about you but at the same time GO AWAYYY

thanks for the reassurance x 

5'5

#5 ChibiBunny

ChibiBunny

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, it took me a long time but when I finally went away to college I lost more weight and got to my lowest bmi of 11.3 I definitely went about it the wrong way and suffered many health consequences because of it, but the newfound freedom was way too much for my ED and I lost control of myself. Of course, when the professors started to make comments to the head of the schoolboard about how worried they were, my parents were called and I was hospitalized again. Which honestly was really lucky for me. Ever since then I've bounced all around the underweight spectrum and been in an out of treatment more times than I can count.

• paolarbear likes this

I'm literally just a mess at this point:

mess
/mes/

noun

a dirty or untidy state of things or of a place

2. a situation or state of affairs that is confused or full of difficulties.

3-princess-carolyn-my-life-.jpg

#6 paolarbear

paolarbear

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, it took me a long time but when I finally went away to college I lost more weight and got to my lowest bmi of 11.3 I definitely went about it the wrong way and suffered many health consequences because of it, but the newfound freedom was way too much for my ED and I lost control of myself. Of course, when the professors started to make comments to the head of the schoolboard about how worried they were, my parents were called and I was hospitalized again. Which honestly was really lucky for me. Ever since then I've bounced all around the underweight spectrum and been in an out of treatment more times than I can count.

must've been through hell and back. I hope you've gotten healthier, becoming independent is something I worry about since I know I would also spiral out of control. I'm eager to just shed all this weight off but yeah, its not worth it. Thank you for sharing x

• ChibiBunny likes this

5'5

#7 morningbird

morningbird

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:36 AM

i’ve been IP multiple times but this last time i was discharged at around bmi 14, that was a couple of weeks ago and now im down to 13. They’re concerned ofc but i guess their idea now is to base my next admission (hopefully not happening) on my bloods/ECG rather than weight, cus they are aware that i wasn’t going to be able to maintain.

it’s quite a dangerous game for sure.
  • paolarbear likes this
Finally back from the hospital and idk just trying never to have to go in there again

#8 DigUpHerBones

DigUpHerBones

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCastle on a cloud

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

I hit my lowest weight while being IP actually, but it wasn't an admission for my ed so that surely helped. 

And they did  end up making me gain in the end, so I guess it wasn't that succesful after all  :unsure:

• paolarbear likes this

#9 kmskmskmskms

kmskmskmskms

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:28 PM

uhhh define low weight

bmi 14 after inpatient and i’m still a minor/live with my parents (unless of course you’re a mod; in which case i am very much a legal adult)
  • paolarbear likes this

#10 paolarbear

paolarbear

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:17 PM

uhhh define low weight

bmi 14 after inpatient and i’m still a minor/live with my parents (unless of course you’re a mod; in which case i am very much a legal adult)

LOL, any BMI that is 16 or lower. And thank you, thats my goal BMI!

your secret's safe with me....

• kmskmskmskms likes this

5'5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users