Wigs for hair loss - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Wigs for hair loss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lylieanna

lylieanna

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1467 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:55 PM

My hair has been falling out so bad again to the point I once again have bald spots. So I bought a wig that actually doesn't look too bad. Anyone else wear wigs to help cover up hair loss? What brands do you all recommend?

#2 livingintheshadows

livingintheshadows

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:58 PM

I used to wear them all the time. I found a salon near me and they allowed me to try on lots of different kinds. Maybe theres something like that near you? If not I would try to aim for some sort of lacefront wig. They look very realistic and you can look up different youtube videos on how to style them. 

• lylieanna likes this

HW: 135

LW:104

CW: 119

UGW: 104 or less

BMI: 21.8

Height: 5'2

#3 lylieanna

lylieanna

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1467 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:01 PM

I used to wear them all the time. I found a salon near me and they allowed me to try on lots of different kinds. Maybe theres something like that near you? If not I would try to aim for some sort of lacefront wig. They look very realistic and you can look up different youtube videos on how to style them. 

The one I bought is a lace front, and I like it. But it was something cheap just to get started. It does look pretty natural. I'm sure we have a salon nearby that has wigs. I live in a pretty big city. Maybe something to look into. :)

• livingintheshadows likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users