Welcome August , updates/check in and all that’s in between. - Page 16 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Welcome August , updates/check in and all that’s in between.

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#301 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 04:24 PM

Good to hear you're doing so well :). It will be well worth it! I look forward to hearing you had a healthy baby.

Me, well second day of 64 hour fast. Random number I know, but it's because I always start my fasts at 8.30pm, and tomorrow I'm meeting someone for lunch at 12.30. It's going fine, in fact better than I thought it might, as I was volunteering this morning and concerned about being enough on the ball. Thankfully that went OK, and I've walked back home up the long hill.

So life here is OK :)

Good luck with your fast Parrot. How much weight are you hoping to lose by fasting?
  • Irreverent Parrot likes this

#302 Blackdream

Blackdream

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:39 PM

Just checking in. 6 months pregnant so not getting on a scale for a while. Trying to focus on healthy choices while ignoring the anxiety of ED’s voice in my head. Just wanted to say hello to the tribe and wish you all well.

I have been told thé baby dont want you to go near a scale ^_~
Congratulations !!!
  • sweetdaisy and Irreverent Parrot like this

I wanna STRETCH AND SLUMP on the guy next to me !!!

lovemyself.jpg

#303 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3273 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 01 September 2021 - 04:05 AM

Good luck with your fast Parrot. How much weight are you hoping to lose by fasting?

Oh, fasting is a peculiar thing, because you lose loads of food and water weight initially, but then when you start to eat again a load of that goes back on, even if you're restricting.  So what I can say is the scale  shows me to have lost 5lb in two days, but most of that isn't real weight loss ie not body fat.

It's been a remarkably easy fast this time.  Always hard to know what to expect when fasting, whether you'll get a lot of hunger or not, but I've not had much.  I sometimes get nasty colicky gripey stomach and abdominal pain when fasting, but not this time.

I guess I'll be glad enough to eat when I meet my friend for lunch, though it will be kind of weird because she won't know I've not eaten for the last 2 days plus.  To have my first bite with someone who is unaware of that context.

I'm surprised to feeling pretty OK this morning.  Usually I don't go beyond 60 hours, which is two full days and three nights the way I do it, because on the third day I can feel a bit crappy and have a lot of dizziness and sometimes shortness of breath.  But it seems the extra four hours today aren't going badly at all.  I'll walk downhill to town to meet my friend, and by the time I need to walk back up the long hill I'll have eaten, so should be fine.

• sweetdaisy likes this

#304 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3273 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 01 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

Urgh, it's so much harder not to just eat and eat once the fast is broken!  Lunch wasn't huge or densely calorific but it kept me full for three hours.  Since then I've been wanting to EAT! But haven't.  I know this will be the worst bit, and tomorrow I can get back into normal restriction routine. 

I am going to eat more today, as I have choir later, our first in person rehearsal since the first lockdown in March last year. It's a bit ... odd ... but the way they've decided to do it is to have people with surnames in the first half of the alphabet attend at the usual time, then they go home and the rest attend for just the second half.  i have to go to the wrong half, as that's the one relevant to the person giving me a lift, which I'm sure they will understand, and we're both willing to switch to the other half for future rehearsals if that works better for them with numbers.

Right now I'm going 30 mins without food or drink so I can do a lateral flow test, as that's a requirement for choir.  So that's kind of useful, that i can't eat even if I was going to!

• sweetdaisy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users