Welcome August , updates/check in and all that’s in between. - Page 3 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Welcome August , updates/check in and all that’s in between.

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#41 OOnaOwl

OOnaOwl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationAethyrs

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:08 PM

Owl - I miss the old-school Dexatrim. I’d pop one mid-morning and fly through the day on a packet of Ramen hahahahaha

Weight is still up. I will move back to maintenance once it plops back down these bonus 2 lbs. mentally that seems to be where I feel “ok”

I have an Rx for Linzesse waiting for me. Read online some people gained weight on it so idk if I’m gonna take it

I was just thinking yesterday about the various diet aids of the 1980's, like Tab cola & No-Doz caffeine pills!  I never tried the Dexatrim, was too chicken.  Watched a charming video yesterday on some magazine articles published on Princess Diana's slimming diet, they had calorie count and it was less than 1000/cal per day even!  That would never fly in the face of today's PC/HAES current culture.

• sweetdaisy likes this

HW 125

LW 85

CW 115

GW 100

UGW 95

Eating mostly whole food plant based

#42 OOnaOwl

OOnaOwl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationAethyrs

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:12 PM

Oh, I was just forgeting someting I was wanting to discuss with you guys!

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who doesn't follow internet trends.... so, was just this week I've learned about MUKBANK.

If you guys don't know what it is, just type mukbank on instagram or tiktok, if you use those things

Or just watch this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Q1obVwenOcE

Some people say it helps when you are hungry, to cut the appetite... Some people get addicted to watch, some people feel it's really boring.

For me, the long videos are really boring, but the short ones are kinda addicting.

And as much as I get gross out by the way they stuff their mouths, and by some food mixtures, it doesn't has any effect on my hunger. And sometimes I kinda crave to try some of the foods they are having.

So, that's it.... Want to hear y'all opinion!!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!

Happy Friday!

I don't enjoy mukbangs but I do watch a lot of plant based weight loss stuff (IG and YT)!  Weight loss journey stories, recipes, etc. Especially motivating are before and afters of course.

HW 125

LW 85

CW 115

GW 100

UGW 95

#43 OOnaOwl

OOnaOwl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationAethyrs

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:15 PM

"@OOnaOwl

The key is not rush the process...

If you start obsessing over the defict, it's really hard to keep the ED behaviors away....

A small deficit can take you a long way, without ruining your sanity!"

Thanks @Julzy, I've been stalled for a few weeks now it can be so hard to remain patient!

I'm hoping the addition of caffeine again will be enough to start losing again soon.

HW 125

LW 85

CW 115

GW 100

UGW 95

#44 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • LocationIn a far away Castle.

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:17 PM

Feel so scared all the time.

#45 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:26 PM

Oh, I was just forgeting someting I was wanting to discuss with you guys!
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who doesn't follow internet trends.... so, was just this week I've learned about MUKBANK.

If you guys don't know what it is, just type mukbank on instagram or tiktok, if you use those things

Or just watch this:
https://www.youtube....h?v=Q1obVwenOcE

Some people say it helps when you are hungry, to cut the appetite... Some people get addicted to watch, some people feel it's really boring.

For me, the long videos are really boring, but the short ones are kinda addicting.
And as much as I get gross out by the way they stuff their mouths, and by some food mixtures, it doesn't has any effect on my hunger. And sometimes I kinda crave to try some of the foods they are having.

So, that's it.... Want to hear y'all opinion!!
Happy Friday, everyone!!!

Watched the start of it , but on mute as I have that thing where I can’t sound the sound of others eating loudly and loud chewing noises. I can see these videos being triggering for me and makes me think about c/s and foods I want to try out and taste and the more I see the more I want to try and that’s not something that I want to go back to as it’s bad for me and I just don’t have the money to spend and then have nothing to show for it. As I am slowly trying to beat it and knock it on the head.

#46 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:29 PM

How are you all ?

Anything you want to ask me ? I don’t mind talking about myself etc. But prefer not to go into family to much.

#47 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Locationthe west coast girls are hip

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:58 PM

OMGosh, I've been so busy today, nary a moment to myself. I worked and will work the rest of the weekend before Vegas Tuesday. Hubs gone again this weekend but totally fine by me. Not being mean but with daughter home now I can have solid girl time with her and not feel guilty about ignoring him which I tend to do especially when daughter is home. She's just more my tempo right now. She takes just as much energy as he does tbh but sometimes I like that because we can do the same things and have our girl talk. Still no time like time alone which I won't have for a while. 

So Dexatrim!! wow that's a throwback. Damn I miss that too. Pop one of those babies and it's just wine and cigarettes for days and lbs would melt away. Shit. @00na0wl - what video was that about Diana? I was obsessed with her when I lived in England. I would dress like her and want to be her so bad. I lived there when she had William and I wanted to go into London to see her leave the hospital but my then-husband didn't want me to because he said the royals were too much of a target and I could get hurt. So not gonna happen but I was 19 and I figured he knew what he was talking about. Silly me. But if you happen to remember I'd love to see that video. She was so chic. She died a month before my 2nd wedding and I was devastated. I put some of her favorite flowers in my wedding bouquet. Still.

@Julzy, you're so smart. Thank you for everything you say here. You're a true empath.

Didn't weigh today after all. I really want to try weighing every other day. Twice a week would be too much to try. I did that a few weeks ago and it didn't last but a couple days. Therapist says not to try to take things away that bring me comfort even if they're not the best things for me until I feel ready to do that. When I first told him ED was active after many dormant years he said he wouldn't ask me to stop anything for now and that was several months ago. I was surprised but he was right; it gave the comfort I needed at that time and since then I've learned to tick off the really bad things bit by bit. Still learning. This thread has helped so much and I was happy when I finally told him about you all and he approved so I'm going with that. My point being - @PenelopePink, if being here gives you comfort then don't worry about us and our responses. You need and want to be here and you can tell us anything  so please know that we are never going to judge or dismiss you. We're all here for support and self care. The self care being most important. Tell us whatever you need to say. Mostly we want us all to be safe and well in whatever capacity that means for us as individual women.

• thinstrument likes this

Strength is what I've gained from the madness I've survived.

La conviction, me delivrer du mal.

5'2"

HW     188

LW      110 I think (25 years ago)

CW     144143 142  141 140 139 138 137 136 133 132.9 132.2 131

GW 1  130 YESSSS!! One down 16 July 

129  128 127 126

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#48 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:38 AM

Weighed 117 lbs (8 stone 5 lbs) this morning. One pound down but it's a combination of stress and restricting, but restricting through just not eating enough and lots going on.

Exercise-wise, I've still been Rebounding daily, but not run for a week. Hoping to go for a run tomorrow as I need to as it helps clear my head.

My sister has some further tests next week and doctors should be able to tell her what the plan is in regards to treatment/surgery. It's looking like the cancer hasn't spread, but we'll know more next week.
  • almostthinlizzy and Irreverent Parrot like this

#49 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:40 AM

@PenelopePink - Hope you get good results next week. Sounds like the doctors are finally looking into what's going on and fingers crossed, they can get to the bottom of why you're in pain, having difficulties etc xx

#50 OOnaOwl

OOnaOwl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationAethyrs

Posted 07 August 2021 - 12:54 PM

@almostthinlizzy

This woman has a lovely channel where she discusses celebrities of the past, their diets & lifestyles.  Here is the Diana video, she

was a true gem I can understand very much why you wanted to be like her!

• Patsy and almostthinlizzy like this

HW 125

LW 85

CW 115

GW 100

UGW 95

#51 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 07 August 2021 - 01:32 PM

Back down to maintenance weight WAHOO thank you laxatives

one of my kids was conceived the night Princess Diana died. Fun fact.
  • Patsy, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#52 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:11 AM

@PenelopePink - Hope you get good results next week. Sounds like the doctors are finally looking into what's going on and fingers crossed, they can get to the bottom of why you're in pain, having difficulties etc xx

Going to attempt to get a print out of my results tomorrow and the ones from before. There is something up with me , it just doesn’t full into the sinister category. I am probably low on certain things in my blood and kidneys are not working as they should be due to me being so ill.

How is your sister feeling in herself ?
  • sweetdaisy likes this

#53 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:13 AM

Princess Diana, was a beautiful lady, with a good heart and always wanted to help others. The things she would have gone on and done if she hadn’t have been killed of like she was.
  • almostthinlizzy likes this

#54 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:26 PM

Going to attempt to get a print out of my results tomorrow and the ones from before. There is something up with me , it just doesn’t full into the sinister category. I am probably low on certain things in my blood and kidneys are not working as they should be due to me being so ill.

How is your sister feeling in herself ?

Hopefully they won't take long to find out what's wrong PenelopePink. Glad they're looking into things for you.

My Sister's in a bit of a daze, but got lots of medical appointments and it's just a waiting game now, waiting for the results to come back and to be told what they can do in terms of treatment/surgery. Thanks for asking xx
  • thinstrument and almostthinlizzy like this

#55 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:27 PM

OMGosh, I've been so busy today, nary a moment to myself. I worked and will work the rest of the weekend before Vegas Tuesday. Hubs gone again this weekend but totally fine by me. Not being mean but with daughter home now I can have solid girl time with her and not feel guilty about ignoring him which I tend to do especially when daughter is home. She's just more my tempo right now. She takes just as much energy as he does tbh but sometimes I like that because we can do the same things and have our girl talk. Still no time like time alone which I won't have for a while. 

So Dexatrim!! wow that's a throwback. Damn I miss that too. Pop one of those babies and it's just wine and cigarettes for days and lbs would melt away. Shit. @00na0wl - what video was that about Diana? I was obsessed with her when I lived in England. I would dress like her and want to be her so bad. I lived there when she had William and I wanted to go into London to see her leave the hospital but my then-husband didn't want me to because he said the royals were too much of a target and I could get hurt. So not gonna happen but I was 19 and I figured he knew what he was talking about. Silly me. But if you happen to remember I'd love to see that video. She was so chic. She died a month before my 2nd wedding and I was devastated. I put some of her favorite flowers in my wedding bouquet. Still.

@Julzy, you're so smart. Thank you for everything you say here. You're a true empath.

Didn't weigh today after all. I really want to try weighing every other day. Twice a week would be too much to try. I did that a few weeks ago and it didn't last but a couple days. Therapist says not to try to take things away that bring me comfort even if they're not the best things for me until I feel ready to do that. When I first told him ED was active after many dormant years he said he wouldn't ask me to stop anything for now and that was several months ago. I was surprised but he was right; it gave the comfort I needed at that time and since then I've learned to tick off the really bad things bit by bit. Still learning. This thread has helped so much and I was happy when I finally told him about you all and he approved so I'm going with that. My point being - @PenelopePink, if being here gives you comfort then don't worry about us and our responses. You need and want to be here and you can tell us anything  so please know that we are never going to judge or dismiss you. We're all here for support and self care. The self care being most important. Tell us whatever you need to say. Mostly we want us all to be safe and well in whatever capacity that means for us as individual women.

I do feel the need to be here, some days I feel like my head and body are in a different place. Lack of proper sleep and proper food is starting to take its toll on me. Guess that’s why I feel like I don’t belong at times , my mental health has been effected with all
what’s going on. As I can go on crazy rants and say some odd stuff at times , I try but I do struggle , I fear being alone and don’t like being alone for long periods of time. But I guess we all struggle , just some deal with it better than others.

How are you ?
  • almostthinlizzy likes this

#56 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:28 PM

Did a 14 mile hilly trail run today, burning 1,373 calories. But I feel I haven't eaten proper food today and just picked at random things, rather than having one meal.

It's Monday tomorrow, so new week, new start.
  • thinstrument and almostthinlizzy like this

#57 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:48 PM

Hopefully they won't take long to find out what's wrong PenelopePink. Glad they're looking into things for you.
My Sister's in a bit of a daze, but got lots of medical appointments and it's just a waiting game now, waiting for the results to come back and to be told what they can do in terms of treatment/surgery. Thanks for asking xx

It’s slow going , it’s just that one hospital who have refused to treat and see me. It’s a proper gastroenterologist that I need to see, but all those appointments got cancelled and the hospital dumped me off.

I think the one I’ve got is to have an ultrasound through my vagina , to look at that whole area , with out me having to have a camera up my back side ( it’s that prep drink that I can’t have as it would just cause to much pain and make me ill ). That isn’t until the end of next month.

My thoughts are with you and your sister , is she older of younger than you ?
  • sweetdaisy likes this

#58 over40

over40

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:52 PM

Hi everyone long time since I’ve been here… I have kept the weight continuously down but it’s very slow most probably due to the high alcohol intake that I can’t seem to shake !!! It will have to be my next goal or parallel one. I got married last month and a week later my life went from dream to nightmare as my husband had a seizure and the MRI results showed beginning of
Vascular dementia… with moderate and damage to the brain. Memory is so so but walking is very bad. He’s a doctor on sick leave for now but was told he would never be able to resume work. So I’m on sick leave too (I’m a nurse) for a month because he needs helps and constant care… I will return to work beginning of September but since it’s the summer holidays still it’s difficult finding help/organizing a new life, closing the surgery permanently… my husband is older than I am : he’s 69 and I’m 43 but still we didn’t deserve this. And I guess no one does but, that’s life…
I’m not hungry but prepare our meals twice a day which il not used to either. To keep my food anxiety normal I refrain from carbs and worried sick when I have to eat some. Stupid hey ? Because I do have other problems to handle !! I guess I’m trying to control something l still can…

I am currently 50.5kg that’s 111lbs… BMI 19.7 which is way better than the 23 something I started on when I joined you peeps… but I wish I could be under 19 to be in a sort of comfort zone…
It’s basically no carbs and one meal a day… alcohol and no exercise. I wish I could better that. And even eat some carbs without feeling like a complete looser if I did. Exercise would be lovely too but I’m stuck indoors for now. Sleeping is also a problem as husband gets up every hour and I also have to clean up frequent accidents …
Phew 😮‍💨 sorry about all that but I needed a place to vent. It was also lovely to read all your updates! Keep up the good work and let us enjoy life while we can xoxo
  • viofem, thinstrument, sweetdaisy and 1 other like this

#59 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:56 PM

wow 0ver40 - that is a lot to take on.  Hugs to you.

Also hugs to Pink - I hope they find you some answers and RELIEF!

went to the fair last night - ate too much but my body seems to be OK with it?  eh.  Maintenance feels like SO MUCH FOOD lol

• sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#60 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:01 PM

It’s slow going , it’s just that one hospital who have refused to treat and see me. It’s a proper gastroenterologist that I need to see, but all those appointments got cancelled and the hospital dumped me off.

I think the one I’ve got is to have an ultrasound through my vagina , to look at that whole area , with out me having to have a camera up my back side ( it’s that prep drink that I can’t have as it would just cause to much pain and make me ill ). That isn’t until the end of next month.

My thoughts are with you and your sister , is she older of younger than you ?

She's younger than me. She's 39 and I'm 42. My doctor is also referring me to the Genetics Screening Team for an appointment. I may need screening for bowel cancer as it's affected 3 generations of my family (Nana, Mum and Sister) and because I'm over 40, apparently I should already have been screened because my mum had bowel cancer. That appointment may take a while to come through, but best to get checked out.
  • thinstrument likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users