CT scan - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

CT scan

Lowbmi Help Injury

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 healingfine

healingfine

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 07:40 AM

So I’m getting a CT scan for my abdomen/rib area and apparently I have to drink “oral contrast”/or it will be injected via vein beforehand which is like a dye that you ingest to see the organs n shit on the X-ray. Terrified that the solution will do something. Apparently it’s iodine based. Idk I’m scared so if someone could give me their experience? Or anything they know that would be really helpful xx. I just don’t want to deal with weight fluctuations

#2 dwindlingrose

dwindlingrose

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:16 AM

for me it just felt kinda warm and tingly for a few seconds. i don't believe it caused any weight gain - there's not enough solution to cause it (they really only inject a tiny bit)
<p>height: 5'3". hw: 208.8. cw: 140.8 lw: 118.0. goal weights: 170, 158, 149, 135, 125, 118, 110, 97, 90, 85.

#3 longing to be thin

longing to be thin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 11:41 PM

I’ve had probably 100s of CT scans, every time I’ve had contrast it’s bn injected. You’ll feel a little tingly, get a hot flush, you’ll get a metallic taste in ur mouth & feel like u need to pee as the contrast goes through all of which is normal & goes away within 1-2mins. You won’t gain weight from it, you’re only given a small amount just so they can get more detailed/clearer images

#4 Laura De Vries

Laura De Vries

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:14 PM

Old thread, but it may be useful for someone. I've had iodine contrast several times for CT scans of my head. They gave it via infusion to the vein, and I felt the heat - first in my head, then spreading to the rest of my body. Also felt as if I was urged to pee and had metallic taste in my mouth. All of that was gone after several minutes but the doctor warned me just before the scan and presented possible symptoms so I didn't panic.

And no, it's not supposed to make you gain weight.

Give in, give in, give in, give in
You play the game you'll never win

one-thing-you-need-remember-about-Blair-

a79b41a0496b3b20f3dad3d35b146f61b67d991c

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lowbmi, Help, Injury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users