September has arrived , check in, updates. Go go go - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

September has arrived , check in, updates. Go go go

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • LocationIn a far away Castle.

Posted 01 September 2021 - 12:07 PM

September is upon us , let’s hope she is a good as it can be month for us all.
  • sweetdaisy, almostthinlizzy, elapserelapse and 1 other like this

#2 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3273 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

Oops, sorry for posting in the August thread today! It's been a busy day and I've not really thought about it being the start of September.

Anyhoo, I'm off to choir in a bit, so won't post anymore here until tomorrow at earliest.

Hoping everyone's September is getting off to a good start.

#3 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

Thats ok, haven’t been online much myself.

But thought I would pop on and get the September post posted.
  • Irreverent Parrot likes this

#4 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 03:43 PM

Will update more tomorrow, sorry been quiet just not felt up to posting much.

#5 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Locationthe west coast girls are hip

Posted 01 September 2021 - 05:23 PM

Hey hey hey,

Happy September everyone, rabbit rabbit. Thanks for starting it PenelopePInk xoxo

I've been MIA for a couple days. Lots going on. MIL took a spill and we had to jet out to AZ to help out. Everything's ok now but I was supposed to meet up with @julzy in LA and I couldn't, so that was a big bummer. We got back late yesterday and man is it nice to be back on the coast. How does anyone live in that heat?? My in laws have the thermo set at like 80 in the house so I told my husband to pin a 50 on it and turn the AC the fuck down. I cooked a lot of freezer meals and fortunately didn't have to eat much while I was there but who can eat in that heat anyway? I drank enough to put Betty Ford to shame but I started a 3 day juice cleanse today so I'm hopeful that'll help. Has anyone ever done that? We have a juice place here so I'm not making my own but considering getting a juicer. Daughter has always wanted one but I just don't know how to get the best juices out of whatever fruits and veggies we have. I suppose that's why they have books. Duh. 

Weight stayed the same {insert eye roll} so I'm hopeful for the cleanse to start September off to a good start. I love the fall season.

I didn't get to keep up with y'all while I was away so I hope everyone is doing OK. 

Parrot - I did see that you were on a fast? How'd it go? Stay safe lovee. 

How is everyone else? I've missed you all.

• sweetdaisy likes this

Strength is what I've gained from the madness I've survived.

La conviction, me delivrer du mal.

5'2"

HW     188

LW      110 I think (25 years ago)

CW     144143 142  141 140 139 138 137 136 133 132.9 132.2 131

GW 1  130 YESSSS!! One down 16 July 

129  128 127 126

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#6 Blackdream

Blackdream

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 01 September 2021 - 05:43 PM

... I am here.
So far ... yes. I guess it’s “ I am here so far”

Then I have a huge stress on my shoulders. This is messing me up ... I have to go somewhere (long story) on Saturday en see people I don’t want to see and do things I don’t want to do.
I have panick attacks just thinking of it.

• sweetdaisy likes this

I wanna STRETCH AND SLUMP on the guy next to me !!!

lovemyself.jpg

#7 Blackdream

Blackdream

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 01 September 2021 - 05:48 PM

I drank enough to put Betty Ford to shame but I started a 3 day juice cleanse today so I'm hopeful that'll help. Has anyone ever done that?

I did one befor a 10 days fast.
Point is to drink mostly veggie juice

But apparently, for what I read it’s better to “eat” you veggies so you keep all the chewing (which is part of the digesting process) and all the fibers ...

☺️
  • Irreverent Parrot likes this

I wanna STRETCH AND SLUMP on the guy next to me !!!

lovemyself.jpg

#8 AquaticCat

AquaticCat

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:44 AM

I’m here but nothing really to report. Just back at work and waiting for the school to open again so we can get our routine back!
  • sweetdaisy and Irreverent Parrot like this
Approaching 40 and determined to stay slim and healthy long term!
HW: 129lb/58.8kg
CW: 117.5/53.3
LW: 107/48.5
GW: 105/47.5
UGW: 95/43

#9 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 3273 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:45 AM

Parrot - I did see that you were on a fast? How'd it go? Stay safe lovee. 

Thank you for asking.  Thankfully it went well and easily (which is not something I can always rely on).  It was harder after I ate lunch yesterday, to wait until not too long before choir to have more food.  Once you eat something the hunger really tends to kick in!  But I managed it, and now it's back to medium/high restricting.

It was really good to be back at choir.  We're rehearsing about 20 - 25 people at a time, some coming to the first half and the rest to the second half.  It was enough people to not feel like you're singing on your own.  I had a horror that I'd be the only soprano there, but there were about 9 of us and a similar number of altos, and four men to cover the tenor and bass.  Really nice to do, to be back singing with quite a lot of people.  I've sung with one or two people informally recently, and a small group that was up to around 6 - 8.  And I'm one of the few in my choir who has actually been singing with others during the time we couldn't meet to rehearse. So, I feel lucky in that :)

Weight was up a pound from yesterday, with food weight now, and that was expected.  Of course I kind of hoped that somehow it wouldn't go back up at all, but that's irrational!

I've arranged to meet another friend for lunch tomorrow, so will have to plan my eating at home around that.  He's someone I've not seen since before the first lockdown we had in March last year, so it will be good to catch up.

Today I'm walking with a friend this morning, and that's all I have to do really.  Exercise, and peace at home!  Though there's a man with a lollipop sign for directing traffic right outside here today, and I'm not sure why traffic isn't running normally - very much hoping noisy roadworks don't start up.  It will be something to do with the "main" road through the village being closed yesterday, but I didn't walk up to see why.  Didn't seem to be noisy yesterday, so hopefully won't be today.

• sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

#10 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1204 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 08:08 AM

Lizzy, i have done a juice cleanse, i didn't mind it but i didn't lose weight, still too many calories for me.  my favorite juice is beet, apple, ginger, lime but I haven't had that in years.  it is so good.  i have a friend who does juice cleanses a lot and she swears by them so you never know.  she does thirty day ones.  I could never do that, i need protein....sorry about you MIL.  Hope all turns out alright. xo 

• almostthinlizzy likes this

SW 155

CW 119

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#11 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3135 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:07 AM

I’m fat and hangry

Carry on

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#12 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Locationthe west coast girls are hip

Posted 02 September 2021 - 11:49 AM

Day 2 of cleanse and so far two very enthusiastic thumbs up. The juice is delicious and somehow I feel I was made for this. I have no idea how many calories I'm really consuming (I didn't think to ask at the juice shop) but I've been putting in juice by juice into My Plate app and it seems rather low but who really knows? I had some low sodium veggie broth when hubs was eating his dinner just so I could sit there and not feel out of place but I oddly didn't have any cravings or anything. I did however, go to bed hungry but I love that feeling anyway so it didn't bother me. I woke up twice to pee so that was meh but I'd lost 2 lbs of what I know had to have been water weight so does it count?? It's whatever at this point. I do agree that eating your fruits and veggies has to be better than drinking them but for 3 days I can get behind the juice aspect. Anyone can do anything for 3 days. I used to go to dance conventions with daughter for 3 days and thought I'd lose my mind so this? This is nothing.

Parrot - I'm glad it went well and you're happy back singing in choir! Sounds like we have the same day today - walking and meeting a friend LOL. I've house things to do too and then meeting my friend for a float this evening. Ahhhh the zen of it all.

Viofem- I LOVE the beet juice one in the lineup! I only had my first beet about a year ago (IDK why I always thought I would hate beets) and the juice is delicious. It's made with celery, cilantro, apple, lemon and ginger and she adds some cayenne. Yum, spicy goodness. You only get 2 servings in the 3 days but that shit's da bomb. Yaaaa not so sure I could do it for 30 days! That seems out of my wheelhouse but I could go maybe a week? I really do want to get a juicer now. 

Thank you for thinking of my MIL. We've not had the best of relationships but I do love her and I'd feel awful if anything really horrible had happened to her, especially for hubs. He will not handle his parents crossing the rainbow bridge well I fear. I mean who does? But this will rock his world beyond comprehension I think.

OK, off to do laundry and get on my mat before I walk. I hope everyone has a nice Thursday. 

xoxo

• viofem, thinstrument and sweetdaisy like this

Strength is what I've gained from the madness I've survived.

La conviction, me delivrer du mal.

5'2"

HW     188

LW      110 I think (25 years ago)

CW     144143 142  141 140 139 138 137 136 133 132.9 132.2 131

GW 1  130 YESSSS!! One down 16 July 

129  128 127 126

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#13 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 3273 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:36 PM

They're. Filming. Here. Again.

Yup. That's why the traffic is diverted.  I knew it was coming but not when, and I think it's for at least a month.  This will be the fourth or fifth time in the eight years I've been here that the village has been subjected to something being filmed here.  At least this time it's actually a local thing they're filming about, though it's a fiction story.  They're not filming local people, but some people are letting them use their houses - we have a lot of old millworkers cottages.  Not me, I'm in a 1950s block of four flats.

Further up there's a generator blocking the main road through the village because there are problems with the electricity supply that sound a bit dire.  That doesn't directly affect me either, but I don't know what's happening with the buses, which many older folks here rely on.

Urgh, bring back the quiet life!  I mean, really I'm lucky to be somewhere that is pretty quiet most of the time, but the filming thing gets old by the second time tbh, so that was long ago. For me mostly it means some roads I might walk down being closed, and if anyone drives up to see me I need to find out for them as much as possible - though it's quite unlikely anyone I know will be driving up. I did have to meet my lift for choir down at the junction rather than wait outside the café, because of the generator in the road.

Ah well.  At least so far it's not really being noisy.  There's a bit more chatter outside, but so far it's been cool enough to close windows if necessary, but it could get quite warm in the next week.

#14 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 04:07 PM

Checking in for September, hope everyone is Ok.

Not much to report. Haven't stepped on the scales so no idea what my weight is, but I suspect I'm around 120 lbs. Feel huge and bloated, but this should subside in a few days once period ends.

Feel I've lost my way the past couple of months, but got to get back to it. Got an ultra marathon race next weekend so need to increase my calories for this, but I know I run better when I'm a lot lighter, so may restrict a bit this weekend.

I'm going to try and stay off the bathroom scales until I at least feel my weight has come down. I've also stopped calorie counting, because it's just too time consuming and I don't want to end up in a situation where I'm doing it for the rest of my life.

I also need to start going to bed earlier and getting more sleep. The later I stay up, the more tempted I am to snack/eat rubbish before bed and I'm eating unnecessary calories late at night.

#15 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 07:42 AM

Sorry not posted much on here, still not feeling all that good. It’s all getting to much for me to deal with, I need help but not getting it. I’m not getting any better, just seems to feel worse and worse each time that I have BM, I eat proper food and it makes it worse. I don’t know what to do. I really don’t.
  • thinstrument likes this

#16 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 07:49 AM

I am so bloody scared, pooping is slowly killing me.

#17 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 3273 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 08:24 AM

Totally different topic, though I've mentioned it before: if you need some gentle diversion Kitten Academy have two week old kittens and newborn kittens just born today.

• M2304 and sweetdaisy like this

#18 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3135 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 03 September 2021 - 09:32 AM

Some bloat dropped yesterday. Phew.
So I was Rx a med that helps keep things moving. The side effect is that it makes me feel like imma need my brown pants. But they do move the bloat.

I have Rx for a half-dose and seriously considering if I want to cut back. What is preferred quality of life - dumping the full truck daily but spending part of every hour on the throne and clenching so you don’t accidentally crap yourself for 6 hours a day or cutting back and maybe retaining food weight.

The fact that this is even a question…. 😆
  • viofem, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#19 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1204 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:00 AM

Some bloat dropped yesterday. Phew.
So I was Rx a med that helps keep things moving. The side effect is that it makes me feel like imma need my brown pants. But they do move the bloat.

I have Rx for a half-dose and seriously considering if I want to cut back. What is preferred quality of life - dumping the full truck daily but spending part of every hour on the throne and clenching so you don’t accidentally crap yourself for 6 hours a day or cutting back and maybe retaining food weight.

The fact that this is even a question….

I sometimes am so constipated that I don't go for two weeks. but no doctor has ever offered anything but miralax which works so so.  i am scared of the feelings you have when you take it but sometimes i really feel like i need a push.  its not the bloating that bothers me so much as the way i feel.

SW 155

CW 119

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#20 PenelopePink

PenelopePink

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1015 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 11:06 AM

Totally different topic, though I've mentioned it before: if you need some gentle diversion Kitten Academy have two week old kittens and newborn kittens just born today.

https://www.youtube....h?v=R7vrbiDi0Tc

Thanks Parrot, those cats are super cute. Must bookmark it on my phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users