why dont you want to be fat? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

why dont you want to be fat?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 PlinytheElder

PlinytheElder

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:59 AM

Because my mother had my same body shape but fat and she taught me it was hideous.
  • Cheemsburbger, LedaFae and lovebunnyx like this
Height: 170cm
HW: 67kg
LW: 49kg
CW: 60kg
GW: 55kg (let's hope it stops here... hehe)

#22 dreamsynopsis

dreamsynopsis

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2211 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:12 AM

it’s not attractive. my mom is fat and i don’t want to be anything like her. it looks uncomfortable. my face is likely as ugly as i believe it to be, i don’t think i have BDD (at least not severely) so i have to be desirable in some way. i also have a strong need to minimize myself and the things i own–i get sever anxiety about having too much stuff, even if i have next to nothing. i own one pair of pants right now because of that. no jackets. got rid of my favorite shirt once. three pairs of shoes. it’s bad news :\
  • Cheemsburbger likes this

i want to commit, restricting is a compromise at this point.

Spoiler

#23 Ama-chawn

Ama-chawn

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • LocationUnder the bed, chilling with my monster bestie

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:39 AM

Its so much harder to move, when your weight is higher. That was the actual reason I started losing weight, before my ED started. I used to be so active as a kid but couldn't move around the way I wanted to anymore because of how much I weighted. I felt chained down to the ground, and I absolutely hated it.
  • Cheemsburbger, adelie, blxckbexuty and 1 other like this

#24 bonesandamethysts

bonesandamethysts

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 10 September 2021 - 02:09 AM

Oh my God so many reasons so this is probably going to be really long and offensive, I’m sorry.

- Fat = lazy, too weak to achieve a good life, doesn’t take care of herself in my mind. I know it’s not true, but I have this idea in my head.
- I’d say I have good taste in fashion and accessories (or at least I like beautiful, high quality things) and imo it’s bad taste and low quality to be fat.
- So many bad things happened to me in my life. I deserve to feel good and have something nice. Excess body fat is not one of those things.
- I don’t want to have female signs on my body, like boobs or a big ass. I want to be flat. Why? Trauma.

More (thanks for letting me rant!)
Spoiler

• loanesay, Cheemsburbger, Abbey84 and 1 other like this

HBMI was in the "Obese Class III" category

LBMI was in the "Severely Underweight" category

Whenever I'm not on here, that's a good sign, because it means I am too busy living my life

and doing what I actually want to do.

xxx

(English is not my 1st language, please excuse any mistakes I make!)

#25 Turnedinsideout

Turnedinsideout

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:14 AM

I know my mum would be meaner if I weigh more. I wish I didn't, but I still crave love from my parents.

also I guess in a vain way, I have this image of myself in my mind as small and fragile like a child I guess its from trauma.

• fandomz-fangirl likes this

Height: 167cm HW: 62kg CW: 52kg GW: 50kg

#26 LydiaAgain

LydiaAgain

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1053 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:18 AM

I was chubby as a young teenager and felt constantly looked down on.  I don't want to go back to that.  I feel my parents liked me less because I was the chubby one of my siblings, and my dad was embarrassed to be related to me.  My friends liked me but saw me as a bit of a joke, and no threat in terms of dating as nobody would be attracted to me.  I was never even overweight, but as a teenager in an appearance obsessed world, being anything other than very thin was enough to crush me. 

• lovebunnyx likes this

#27 LedaFae

LedaFae

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5212 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:34 AM

- Functionality and ease of living: I don't miss join or knee pain. Or high blood pressure. Or high cholesterol. I love being nimble, agile, and fast on my feet. I like being able to tie my shoelaces with zero difficulty without a huge belly or boobs getting in the way. I also didn't love going to the doctors, for obvious reasons. I was not healthy as an overweight person and I felt terrible for it. 

- Preferential treatment / Skinny Privilege: People plain treated me better as a thin person. As an overweight person, I'm basically a nobody.

It also feels like people filter your personality through your appearance, and when I'm overweight, I feel like my quirky traits get interpreted more as annoying than anything else. When I was overweight, I constantly felt like I have to be something better (more intelligent, more feminine, more funny) to "make up" for the fact that I was overweight. 

- Identity: I was skinny for so long when I was younger, that I felt like it became a part of my personal identity. Being overweight, I didn't feel like myself. I don't feel like it's who I'm "supposed" to be. 

- When you're thin, people show admiration, and even seek your advice for "how you do it". My self-esteem is so low, I feed off that.

- Sexual trauma: When I gain weight, I gain it in my boobs, hips, butt and thighs the most. I look extremely curvy and womanly. I don't want to look that way. I don't want huge boobs I can't find bras to fit. I want to be tiny. There's something about not taking up much space that feels reassuring. 

- Sensory issues. I hate feeling random body parts wobble when I walk or even just move. Feeling rolls of fat getting stuck to each other made me feel disgusting. Feeling the solid, unchanging rigity of bone feels comforting (haha god that sounds so cringy pro-ana). 

- I feel like everything looks good on me when I'm thin. Clothes shopping is easy. 

Oh and also my boyfriend isn't attracted to fat women.

• 2BeThinEnough, Hanna94, scooby dooby dont and 1 other like this

#28 M00nlight_h1ghs

M00nlight_h1ghs

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:36 AM

I would feel far more uncomfortable than i do now, and my girlfriend would find me disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 c:/f_uck

c:/f_uck

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6853 posts
  • Location171,723; quit

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:50 AM

I'm happier when i'm thinner.

And when ppl joke around about me being fat it won't affect me as bad.

Idk there are a lot of reasons

• Gender Dysphoria
  • Happiness
  • Taking up Space
  • Fitting in small clothes
  • + + + 

D35U6c.gifFtM - Music.Tv Addict - IntrovertedD35U6c.gif

VwRRP5.gif

69fs5l.jpg

#30 KuroNoShiroChan

KuroNoShiroChan

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 7348 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:32 AM

i dont like my body at a normal weight so being overweight or obese is not an option my highest weight was 56kg which gave me an BMI of 23 and that was awful hated my body even more than i do now i didnt want to show my body and felt uncomfortable all the time at the beach ( yes was dragged to the beach at summer at my hw) and always wore a towel to hide my body  now i have even more insecurities about my body so yeah not an option at least when im underweight though i still dont like my body its better  

• ugly.bones likes this
                  displaypicture-3.png

Hw: 123 lbs

LW 74.9 lbs

Cw: 99lbs......

Skærmbillede 2019-05-26 kl. 08.57.03.png

Gw1: 88lbs

Gw 2: 77lbs

Gw 3: 74.9 lbs

girl-sending-virtual-hug-gif.gif   giphy.gif

:wub: UGW: BMI 8.2  :wub: 

64532621_1357338147752827_6975737293474627584_n.jpg

#31 LedaFae

LedaFae

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5212 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:33 AM

quoted myself instead of editing. Sorry! 

#32 twistedwings

twistedwings

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationthe grass next to the mausoleum

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:40 AM

sensory issues. i dont like the feeling of skin against skin, and i dont like how it feels to move when i've weighed more. i feel how large i am in how i move and navigate the world. plus it just feels icky, and i've never really been "fat" necessarily, just on the heavy side, chubby i guess. i can't imagine how hellish it'd be for me to really be fat. i think the sensory problems alone would strike me dead lol

• Hanna94 likes this

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

height- 5'1

cw- 154

gw 1- 132

gw 2- 120

gw 3- 113

gw 4- 107

ugw - 91

it just feels so good...

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

#33 Hanna94

Hanna94

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:42 AM

I just don’t feel like myself when I’m at a higher weight. It’s not about the look for me, it’s mainly a feeling. It’s also extremely calming to feel my bones sticking out, I don’t know why. I don’t particularly like how I look right now, I even think that I actually looked better at a BMI18/19, but I didn’t feel like myself anymore. Not fat, more like a completely different person that just isn’t me. I don’t know how to describe it.
Also what others said about sensory issues, I feel repulsed by skin touching skin, so being fat would be horrible just sensory wise.
  • ChristinasFrozen88 and notyourproblem like this

#34 Gabrigoki

Gabrigoki

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:03 AM

My self esteem is tied to my body form way too much. Idk why though. Society, persobal experiences Idk
  • blxckbexuty likes this

#35 notyourproblem

notyourproblem

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:15 AM

I’m ftm and have noticed that I pass a lot more when I’m not fat, being fat extenuates my curves. Also trauma and I genuinely think that skinny people look so fucking ethereal at times.

It’s fucked, I know. I myself have never been skinny (minus childhood).
  • blxckbexuty likes this
He/Him - 5’7
HW - 226
CW - 174
LW - 174
GW1 - 170
GW2- 155
GW3- 130
UGW- 120

#36 foreigngirl

foreigngirl

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1012 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:34 AM

I don't like being fat or chubby since I got used to be the thin girl and tried hard to keep it that way. I can't imagine myself being someone who no longer fits in the small size clothes. 

• blxckbexuty likes this

#37 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1910 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 08:11 AM

Well because first i dont want to be anywhere near the normal bmi range because ontop of anorexia im a binge eater. Then i was raped at 18 weight about 120lbs(drug dealer dad let in house) so i dont want to be near that number, then again when i was 21 at 145lbs do i hate that weight too. And then things i rather not talk about that my dad did which was as around 120lbs, and 200lbs.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#38 dulcelocura

dulcelocura

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:14 PM

The way it feels, physically. I’m just extra sensitive to all things sensory and I’m hyper aware of my body basically all the time. Idk it’s hard to explain.

Being in a smaller body made me feel safe.

5'5.5"

CW: FAT af

LW: 106

UGW: 99

back after treatment

I need this weight gone.

#39 Lifesachoice

Lifesachoice

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:25 PM

I’ve created the illusion more people will love me the more skinnier i get. I don’t mind seeing fat on others but i hate myself to death if i see a bit of fat on my body. I’ve made fat my enemy. In a continuous battle with myself.

#40 skinnytoxiclove

skinnytoxiclove

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:29 PM

Thinner face is really one of the main things for me because I have BDD about my face and being ugly and I look more attractive when I’m skinner.
  • CrimsonRose28 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users