I’m on my period and I just binged - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I’m on my period and I just binged

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2831 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:40 PM

What do?

I wanna puke (I can’t physically). I ate around 800-1000 calories in 45 minutes (I’m scared to actually count how many) It hurts so bad me. I had already eaten 788 calories today. This is an utter nightmare.

And I’m already bloated because of my period. What can I do? This is terrible. I can’t fast (living with parents) and I’m scared this turns into a binge cycle

tumblr_lwdtkn448w1r8058ko1_500.gif

I weave my own personal sorrows like a spider.

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

Walking amongst unwritten words in an endless web of sorrows.

#2 Levi Ackermann

Levi Ackermann

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:43 PM

best thing to do is just move on ! 

continue doin what you were normally doing previously. whenever i binged, and then tried to super heavy restrict or fast the next day, it just sent me into another binge which became a vicious cycle. i know it sucks, but try not to worry too much and try to return to your normal flow

• Minky31, ekkiana, not_my_body and 1 other like this

sw: 179lbs / 36.2 / obese         

cw: 162.8lbs / 32.9 / obese            

gw1: 148.5lbs / 30.0 / overweight

gw2: 123.8lbs / 25.0 / normal      

gw3: 91.6lbs / 18.5 / underweight

ugw: 79lbs / 16.0 / underweight   

DX / OSFED, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, PTSD, GENDER DYSPHORIA, ?BIPOLAR OR SOME MOOD DISORDER?

THEY / HE

top surgery on the 31st of august!

currently recovering !!

196871572000202.gif

fd172f4cf4e08fe12d65f45d60488164.gif

#3 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2831 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:55 PM

continue doin what you were normally doing previously. whenever i binged, and then tried to super heavy restrict or fast the next day, it just sent me into another binge which became a vicious cycle. i know it sucks, but try not to worry too much and try to return to your normal flow

Thank you for your answer :/ I know you are right but holy shit. I’m scared. I was gaining still even with restriction and then I binge … this is only getting worse .
  • Levi Ackermann likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#4 Levi Ackermann

Levi Ackermann

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:01 AM

Thank you for your answer :/ I know you are right but holy shit. I’m scared. I was gaining still even with restriction and then I binge … this is only getting worse .

it sucks but at that point the only answer rly is trying to find something else that works for you. if you're at like 700cals a day or sum shit rn, definitely try and bump it up closer to your TDEE until you find something that works more comfortably with you, or check out the challenge n competition thread here! for some reason joining a challenge always whips my ass into shape lmao

sw: 179lbs / 36.2 / obese         

cw: 162.8lbs / 32.9 / obese            

gw1: 148.5lbs / 30.0 / overweight

gw2: 123.8lbs / 25.0 / normal      

gw3: 91.6lbs / 18.5 / underweight

ugw: 79lbs / 16.0 / underweight   

DX / OSFED, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, PTSD, GENDER DYSPHORIA, ?BIPOLAR OR SOME MOOD DISORDER?

THEY / HE

top surgery on the 31st of august!

currently recovering !!

196871572000202.gif

fd172f4cf4e08fe12d65f45d60488164.gif

#5 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2831 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:49 AM

it sucks but at that point the only answer rly is trying to find something else that works for you. if you're at like 700cals a day or sum shit rn, definitely try and bump it up closer to your TDEE until you find something that works more comfortably with you, or check out the challenge n competition thread here! for some reason joining a challenge always whips my ass into shape lmao

Lmao I actually just binged because of my period and because of stress. But ugh it’s just so messed up.
Anyways; I’m gonna check it out there, but I’m not sure imma join a challenge, or maybe I’ll mentally join haha
  • Levi Ackermann likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#6 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2021 - 01:44 AM

Yes!!

I so definitely agree with this!

Just pick up where you left off before the binge and keep going.

Trying to undo the binge is major red flag danger zone for getting stuck in a binge cycle.
  • Minky31 and Levi Ackermann like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#7 ekkiana

ekkiana

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2628 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:16 AM

Seconded! I hope you’re okay I know it’s scary <3
  • Levi Ackermann and not_my_body like this

Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
SW: 73.5kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
CW: 66.7kg (BMI 23.1) - Healthy Weight
GW 1: 63kg (BMI 21.8) - Healthy Weight
GW 2: 60kg (BMI 20.8) - Healthy Weight
GW 3: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight
GW 4: 50kg (BMI 17) - Underweight
GW 5: 44kg (BMI 15) - Underweight
LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Underweight
UGW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)
UGW 2: 30kg (BMI 10.4) - Underweight (Will never get here, it's too low, I'd die I think, but hm I wish I could say I'd made it to BMI 10, so fucked up)

#8 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2831 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 07:59 AM

Yes!!

I so definitely agree with this!

Just pick up where you left off before the binge and keep going.

Trying to undo the binge is major red flag danger zone for getting stuck in a binge cycle.

Thank you! I will! I’m so scared because I just really don’t want to fall into a nasty binge cycle. And I feel so bloated and gross… oh boy
  • not_my_body likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#9 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2831 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:00 AM

Seconded! I hope you’re okay I know it’s scary <3

Today I’m feeling just plain gross and I hope for the life of me that I don’t fall into a binge cycle.

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#10 AquaticCat

AquaticCat

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 September 2021 - 10:08 AM

I’m on a binge cycle and it sucks 😖 Hopefully I can pull myself out of this nose dive but my period is due and really not helping matters!
Approaching 40 and determined to stay slim and healthy long term!
HW: 129lb/58.8kg
CW: 117.5/53.3
LW: 107/48.5
GW: 105/47.5
UGW: 95/43

#11 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:55 PM

Thank you! I will! I’m so scared because I just really don’t want to fall into a nasty binge cycle. And I feel so bloated and gross… oh boy

Yeah I remember what it's like clearly which is why I wanted to also show you that this is the best way out of it. I don't want you to fall into the cycle. I know how awful it is.

You got this.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#12 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:55 PM

I’m on a binge cycle and it sucks Hopefully I can pull myself out of this nose dive but my period is due and really not helping matters!

What are you doing to try and get out of it? Maybe I could help?

#13 AquaticCat

AquaticCat

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 September 2021 - 05:25 PM

What are you doing to try and get out of it? Maybe I could help?

Mostly just riding it out - trying to just chill and reminding myself that a reset Monday is coming up and I can start my restriction again with slightly higher calories to hopefully stop further binges 🤞🏻
  • not_my_body likes this

#14 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2021 - 06:08 PM

Mostly just riding it out - trying to just chill and reminding myself that a reset Monday is coming up and I can start my restriction again with slightly higher calories to hopefully stop further binges

Alright sounds like your doing the best thing. Remember it's ok to eat even at maintenance while trying to get out of a binge cycle. I find it works best for me than just a slight increase in restricting calories.

#15 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2831 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:09 PM

Yeah I remember what it's like clearly which is why I wanted to also show you that this is the best way out of it. I don't want you to fall into the cycle. I know how awful it is.

You got this.

Thank you so much, this was like a literal sign for me atm, I can’t stop thinking about food. I’ve eaten 806 calories today and I’m just really feeling like I’m gonna eat and that scares me
  • not_my_body likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#16 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2021 - 10:12 PM

Thank you so much, this was like a literal sign for me atm, I can’t stop thinking about food. I’ve eaten 806 calories today and I’m just really feeling like I’m gonna eat and that scares me

What is your TDEE?

For me, sometimes if the binges are really strong, to get out of a binge cycle it's best to eat at maintenance for a coupe weeks. Scary as hell I know but it WORKS.

You may even need to start at just above maintenance I'd your binges are more than maintenance. But aim for maintenance. It gives you a break that you desperately need. Once your system has calmed down, you can slowly, very slowly restrict again.

#17 AquaticCat

AquaticCat

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 September 2021 - 02:54 AM

What is your TDEE?

For me, sometimes if the binges are really strong, to get out of a binge cycle it's best to eat at maintenance for a coupe weeks. Scary as hell I know but it WORKS.

You may even need to start at just above maintenance I'd your binges are more than maintenance. But aim for maintenance. It gives you a break that you desperately need. Once your system has calmed down, you can slowly, very slowly restrict again.

Really really good advice, thank you 😊 I think I went too hard on my restriction and I need to ease into it more gently.
  • not_my_body likes this

#18 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:36 AM

Really really good advice, thank you I think I went too hard on my restriction and I need to ease into it more gently.

Yeah I use to do that ALL the time. And if it didn't work, I always thought I needed to lower my calories even more. So it was a constant downward spiral that is absolute hell to get out of.

I promise I wouldn't be saying something like 'eat at maintenance' lightly because I know how hard that is. It really does make a big difference though and is worth the mental struggle of doing it.

#19 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2831 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:06 PM

What is your TDEE?

Supposedly around 1500, but u would bet it to be lower because my metabolism is shit :/ aaa what if I gain?

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#20 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:48 PM

Supposedly around 1500, but u would bet it to be lower because my metabolism is shit :/ aaa what if I gain?

But it would be less food than a binge really.

I know it's hard and scary but it does work! It honestly does.

You have to realise that before you can get control back over your eating, you need to get your brain calmed down first. The body reacts to the brain. So no point starting to try and control your body right now. It wont work.

Focus on eating at maintenance. If you are scared about weight gain, then stay off the scale for 2-3 weeks (trust me this makes it much easier!) Just until your body adjusts.

If you eat at maintenance and the scale goes up, it shows ALL of it is food and fluid so it's not even real weight. It's temporary. Which means it will come off before you know it.

It's hard and scary and hell but I promise you, it works and it's so worth it to feel like your not about to rip your head off from all the stressand torment of a binge cycle.

It took me 20 years to realise this and if I get stuck in a binge cycle (which is very rare for me) I do exactly as I've just told you to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users