I’m on my period and I just binged - Page 2 - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I’m on my period and I just binged

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 peckii

peckii

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Posted 12 September 2021 - 09:20 PM

when i got my period i usually let myself have a binge day and accepted that i would be heavier during that time of the month

birth control and not getting my period has done wonders for me but it's not for everyone

leftpinklacenroseplz.gif?2pinklacenroseplz.gif?1pinklacenroseplz.gif?1pinklacenroseplz.gif?1righpinklacenroseplz.gif?1

losing it

sprouts_divider_by_kawiko-d68b51e.png?w=

#22 journeyerr

journeyerr

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 September 2021 - 10:23 PM

sit and think about how gross you feel

how uncomfortable you are

that if you were invited to go out, you'd bee too full and fat to leave the house

really commit to memory how it feels to go overboard with a binge

and try to keep that close in mind for next time

#23 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2820 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 10:48 PM

But it would be less food than a binge really.

I know it's hard and scary but it does work! It honestly does.

You have to realise that before you can get control back over your eating, you need to get your brain calmed down first. The body reacts to the brain. So no point starting to try and control your body right now. It wont work.

Focus on eating at maintenance. If you are scared about weight gain, then stay off the scale for 2-3 weeks (trust me this makes it much easier!) Just until your body adjusts.

If you eat at maintenance and the scale goes up, it shows ALL of it is food and fluid so it's not even real weight. It's temporary. Which means it will come off before you know it.

It's hard and scary and hell but I promise you, it works and it's so worth it to feel like your not about to rip your head off from all the stressand torment of a binge cycle.

It took me 20 years to realise this and if I get stuck in a binge cycle (which is very rare for me) I do exactly as I've just told you to do.

I ended up upping my calories yesterday and today I didn’t eat my TDEE, just barely below. I’m scared. And I already feel like I’m fat and that my body is giving up on letting body weight go (mind you, I’m a normal weight) no matter how much I restrict. I hope o lose someday again… this is so distressing
  • not_my_body likes this

tumblr_lwdtkn448w1r8058ko1_500.gif

I weave my own personal sorrows like a spider.

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

Walking amongst unwritten words in an endless web of sorrows.

#24 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9148 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:13 PM

I ended up upping my calories yesterday and today I didn’t eat my TDEE, just barely below. I’m scared. And I already feel like I’m fat and that my body is giving up on letting body weight go (mind you, I’m a normal weight) no matter how much I restrict. I hope o lose someday again… this is so distressing

Ohh sweetie I know how hard it is. I did this yesterday except I ate just above maintenance. I did gain 100g but I know it's food weight has I had almost double the carbs I usually have.

But it's going to be ok. Just blow maintenance is better than a binge.

You did the right thing and I am so proud of you! This wasn't easy at all but you did it! :D

If you keep at it, it will be so worth it. I know it's terrifying but it does work.

You can always not weigh in. If you can push past the fear of not knowing, it's actually rather freeing once you get use to it.

Again, I am so proud of you.

If you need support though all this, I'm here. I get on when I can and check threads I'm watching.

You can do this!
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#25 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2820 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:35 AM

Ohh sweetie I know how hard it is. I did this yesterday except I ate just above maintenance. I did gain 100g but I know it's food weight has I had almost double the carbs I usually have.

But it's going to be ok. Just blow maintenance is better than a binge.

You did the right thing and I am so proud of you! This wasn't easy at all but you did it! :D

If you keep at it, it will be so worth it. I know it's terrifying but it does work.

You can always not weigh in. If you can push past the fear of not knowing, it's actually rather freeing once you get use to it.

Again, I am so proud of you.

If you need support though all this, I'm here. I get on when I can and check threads I'm watching.

You can do this!

Thank you so much for your kind words :wub:

I weighed in, my weight didn’t change, it is better than binging lmao, but I’m still scared that I’ll never lose again, ugh, I hate it :/

Although, I did feel good physically eating a lil bit more. But I feel like my body doesn’t even need it, since I’m normal weight ya know? But oh well
  • not_my_body likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#26 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9148 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:06 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words :wub:
I weighed in, my weight didn’t change, it is better than binging lmao, but I’m still scared that I’ll never lose again, ugh, I hate it :/
Although, I did feel good physically eating a lil bit more. But I feel like my body doesn’t even need it, since I’m normal weight ya know? But oh well

Congratulations hun!! That's fantastic news :D I'm proud of you.

I know it feels so strongly that it's not possible to lose while eating just under your TDEE or even at your TDEE. But you really can. It's slower but also faster long term which is the right way to go because if you have an option to low restrict and lose weight fast but then binge most or all the weight back vs high restrict and slowly lose weight but steadily and mostly continuously, I know which I'd pick.

Well done hun. I'm glad you physically felt better too.

Do you think it's something you can keep doing?
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#27 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2820 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:19 PM

Congratulations hun!! That's fantastic news :D I'm proud of you.

I know it feels so stronly that it's not possible to lose while eating just under your TDEE or even at your TDEE. But you really can. It's slower but also faster long term which is the right way to go because if you have an option to low restrict and lose weight fast but then binge most or all the weight back vs high restrict and slowly lose weight but steadily and mostly continuously, I know which I'd pick.

Well done hun. I'm glad you physically felt better too.

Do you think it's something you can keep doing?

That’s right! Binging is a nightmare!
But now I’m nervous again, today it appeared as if I gained 0.2 kg and I’ve been stuck in the same weight for like 2 weeks now and then gained. I just don’t get it. But I can’t go any lower because si will binge otherwise :/
  • not_my_body likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#28 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9148 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:39 PM

That’s right! Binging is a nightmare!
But now I’m nervous again, today it appeared as if I gained 0.2 kg and I’ve been stuck in the same weight for like 2 weeks now and then gained. I just don’t get it. But I can’t go any lower because si will binge otherwise :/

Noo!

Hun thats not a real weight gain! That's food and fluid weight. Its meant to have happened. Ignore it because its fake weight.

Remember what I said about the adjustment period of 2-3 weeks? Well this is it. Your weight 'gain' will be food and fluid but its 100% temporary.

#29 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2820 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:34 PM

Noo!

Hun thats not a real weight gain! That's food and fluid weight. Its meant to have happened. Ignore it because its fake weight.

Remember what I said about the adjustment period of 2-3 weeks? Well this is it. Your weight 'gain' will be food and fluid but its 100% temporary.

Okok… I’m just scared because I’m not losing and have not lost anything in 2 weeks and it’s just nerve wrecking :/

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#30 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9148 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:42 PM

Okok… I’m just scared because I’m not losing and have not lost anything in 2 weeks and it’s just nerve wrecking :/

You are in a plateau. I can be stuck in a plateau for months! It's ok hun. This happens to us all.

The important thing to hold on to right now is to be consistent. Your body is adjusting and in a plateau so give it a few weeks and keep your intake just below your TDEE once you can get to that point and it will sort itself out. You need to be consistent tho.

Do you feel ok to stick to a few hundred below your TDEE or is the binge urges still too strong?

#31 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2820 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:58 PM

You are in a plateau. I can be stuck in a plateau for months! It's ok hun. This happens to us all.

The important thing to hold on to right now is to be consistent. Your body is adjusting and in a plateau so give it a few weeks and keep your intake just below your TDEE once you can get to that point and it will sort itself out. You need to be consistent tho.

Do you feel ok to stick to a few hundred below your TDEE or is the binge urges still too strong?

I will try to stick under my TDEE, the binge urges are not that strong atm luckily!! today I’ve had 744 calories so far, but maybe I’ll have 64 - 128 more, I want to see what happens, but thank you so much for your support. Literally thank you so so much.

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#32 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9148 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:05 PM

I will try to stick under my TDEE, the binge urges are not that strong atm luckily!! today I’ve had 744 calories so far, but maybe I’ll have 64 - 128 more, I want to see what happens, but thank you so much for your support. Literally thank you so so much.

Do you know your TDEE?

Because I'm wondering if your eating too little and this is causing problems.

If I eat 1000 or lower I find it very hard to lose weight because my body is holding in for dear life.

My TDEE averages 1800 and I eat 1350-1450 a day and have been losing (tho I'm currently a plateau myself but I'm waiting it out). Im now down to borderline bmi 16/17 and started when my bmi was approx 22/23.

And you're welcome. Im happy to help.

Edit: ah ok you said supposedly 1500. Try using this and see what it says.

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

I do think your cals are too low.

#33 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2820 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:26 PM

Do you know your TDEE?

Because I'm wondering if your eating too little and this is causing problems.

If I eat 1000 or lower I find it very hard to lose weight because my body is holding in for dear life.

My TDEE averages 1800 and I eat 1350-1450 a day and have been losing (tho I'm currently a plateau myself but I'm waiting it out). Im now down to borderline bmi 16/17 and started when my bmi was approx 22/23.

And you're welcome. Im happy to help.

Edit: ah ok you said supposedly 1500. Try using this and see what it says.

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

I do think your cals are too low.

Yeah around 1500 because I’m short af and my metabolism is slow and I don’t move much, only around 6,000-8,000 steps a day, I spent my whole summer doing A LOT of moving and eating around 1,500-1,600 calories a day and I didn’t lose a bit :/ so I’m just lost. The only time I got to my LW was by fasting, but I can’t fast now because I’m at home with my mother and I don’t want to fast also because that leads to mayor binges afterwards :/

Maybe I should just die? Nothing works asdfghjll :(

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

#34 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9148 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:51 PM

Yeah around 1500 because I’m short af and my metabolism is slow and I don’t move much, only around 6,000-8,000 steps a day, I spent my whole summer doing A LOT of moving and eating around 1,500-1,600 calories a day and I didn’t lose a bit :/ so I’m just lost. The only time I got to my LW was by fasting, but I can’t fast now because I’m at home with my mother and I don’t want to fast also because that leads to mayor binges afterwards :/
Maybe I should just die? Nothing works asdfghjll :(

Hun this can work. I hardly do any steps. A big day for me is 7000. I usually average 5000 steps.

I would say you CAN lose on 1000. My metabolism is screwed too. Ive had an ED for 30 years now so yeah, its crap. You could even lose on 1100-1200. But you have to be consistent. That is the key.

#35 Fadedbones

Fadedbones

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2820 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:18 PM

Hun this can work. I hardly do any steps. A big day for me is 7000. I usually average 5000 steps.

I would say you CAN lose on 1000. My metabolism is screwed too. Ive had an ED for 30 years now so yeah, its crap. You could even lose on 1100-1200. But you have to be consistent. That is the key.

I believe you, okok, I will just try to stay within that range… I hope I can manage and break this plateau .
Thank you so much for reading me and helping out. Thank you. I appreciate it so so infinitely much
  • not_my_body likes this

Crafty little witches,

threading and threading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users