Personal accountability thread - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Personal accountability thread

keto diet low-carb diet weight loss

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CrumbDiet

CrumbDiet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:02 AM

I plan on starting a very low-carb diet tomorrow to observe whether or not it will have any benefits to my health and to reduce my waistline. I do have to go and buy tape measure though.

This first week will be pretty low calorie since I don't have a lot I can eat. I mostly have rice and oatmeal, but both of those are high-carb foods. I have vegetables and spinach which is what I'll mostly be eating.

I won't be looking at my weight very much, just my measurements. Tomorrow I'll be able to measure myself properly. I gained a fair bit during my recovery and just haven't been handling it very well at all and none of my coping mechanisms seem to be working, so I'm allowing myself to relapse for a while.

I want to keep my carb intake below 50g per day. Preferably between 0g and 45g

I'm allowing myself to be pretty lax in terms of caloric intake, but I do want to stay under 1200kcal per day. I'm thinking I might sit around 500kcal to 800kcal this week?

We'll see how it goes

I'd prefer if other people didn't use this accountability thread. I'm not sure how to restrict replies

• Sweet_Strawberry likes this

#2 CrumbDiet

CrumbDiet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:39 PM

Meal 1, 14th Sept. 2021

First and maybe last meal of the day!

It's steamed vegetables and spinach fried in a pan with butter and various seasonings

8.3g carbs

8.9g protein

13g fats

161kcals

I've also got a high protein, low-carb drink

3.8g carbs

31.7g protein

3.6g fats

181kcal

Total intake:

342kcal

12.1g carbs

40.6g protein

16.6g fats

Attached Files

#3 CrumbDiet

CrumbDiet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:24 AM

Meal 1, 16th Sept. 2021

First meal for today!

I had an acai bowl with peanut butter, strawberries, bananas, roasted coconut, cacao nibs and muesli as well as a salted caramel iced latte

They were both soo good but I really have no idea how many calories, fats, proteins or carbs were in it. My partner ordered it for me and I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I'm hoping I can found out through google

I'm going to make the assumption that I went over 50g of carbs today, but I'm going to tell myself it's okay so I don't eventually spiral into a b/p episode

I don't know how to estimate the calories correctly (not that you can ever get an exact number without some very expensive tools anyway), but some research leads me to estimate it at around 500kcal at least and the coffee was probably around 250kcal

Last night I also had half of a pepperoni pizza with my partner so that wasn't great :/

I don't want to look at my body, but I still do anyway because looking at it makes me irrationally angry and upset. Sometimes this works for restricting and sometimes it just leads to me binging without purging as a form of punishment, so who knows where it'll get me today.

I feel like crying though

Total Intake:

>750/800kcal

>50g carbs

unknown protein and fats

Attached Files

#4 CrumbDiet

CrumbDiet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:26 AM

Meal 2, 16th Sept. 2021

It's steamed vegetables and spinach fried in a pan with butter and various seasonings again tonight

8.3g carbs

8.9g protein

13g fats

161kcals

And I'm just having water to drink. I'm having so many urges to b/p and I keep getting frustrated whenever I see myself in a mirror.

I'm hoping I can calm myself down, but I can see this turning into a binge fast :/

Total intake:

8.3g carbs

8.9g protein

13g fats

161kcals

#5 CrumbDiet

CrumbDiet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:29 AM

Meal 1, 17th Sept. 2021

Nothing interesting is happening today, but I have run out of vegetables so the only thing I have to eat is rice and oatmeal.

I decided I'd have oatmeal, but I expect that my carb intake is going to be higher than 50g :/

Anyway, first meal of the day is oatmeal with manuka honey and cinnamon powder

301kcal

54.3g carbs

11.3g protein

3.5g fat

I also drank coffee with milk and sugar as well

81kcal

16.8g carbs

1.5g protein

>0.1g fat

Total intake:

382kcal

71.1g carbs

12.8g protein

>3.6g fat

On the plus side, I'm still sitting at under 100g of carbs so I'm still following a low-carb diet

I'm hoping things will be easier when I go grocery shopping next week and can buy more low-carb foods to eat instead of having to resort to higher carb foods

#6 CrumbDiet

CrumbDiet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:59 AM

Meal 1, 18th Sept. 2021

The first and last meal of the day is oatmeal with manuka honey and cinnamon powder

301kcal

54.3g carbs

11.3g protein

3.5g fat

I've started doing more ab and leg workouts and it's been so long since I've done them that I can really feel how sore my muscles are afterwards. It's a pretty good feeling :)

Total intake:

301kcal

54.3g carbs

11.3g protein

3.5g fat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keto diet, low-carb diet, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users