When do we get a site overhaul? - Technical Support - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

When do we get a site overhaul?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Hydro Homie

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6376 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the pantry and the fridge.

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:48 PM

Pheeeew this site is a slow moving train wreck. Half my posts don't show as having gone through and my notifications don't load properly like 90% of the time. I can't even check my notifications right now! And there's the fact that it's broken to bits on Tapatalk so I now have to use the mobile site. And the mobile site is... Not pretty and full of glitches. The UI is honestly painful, especially after comparing it to EDC and other sites which have a beautiful UI and layout.

I thought the whole VerticalScope handoff happened in May ish. I knew they'd be making policy changes, but I'd hoped there were plans to give the site a makeover and make it function properly again. Is that no longer in the cards? It sucks to be left with a non-functioning site because admin was awful and now we've been handed off to the soulless corpos.

*I'll let everybody in on a secret: EDC is a fully functioning site just like MPA but works flawlessly. You should check it out if you haven't already.
  • plantiful. and life_of_fabiola like this

I'm so uncomfortable with the skin I'm in.
The mirror's telling me that I'll never win.
It's so hard to know these days if anybody feels the same.
I'd give anything for some company.

~

I've been hearing people say they don't have any pain.
They've been finding every answer it's just me that's insane.
I've been battling it out with the demons within.
I'm so uncomfortable.

#2 life_of_fabiola

life_of_fabiola

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:24 PM

What's EDC ? and yessss this forum is sooo glitchy !! 

sw:165lbs

cw:104lbs

lw:104lbs

gw:99lbs

height:5ft2.25

ED Instagram : life.of.fabiola
Accountability

#3 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13631 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:34 AM

I thought the whole VerticalScope handoff happened in May ish. I knew they'd be making policy changes, but I'd hoped there were plans to give the site a makeover and make it function properly again. Is that no longer in the cards? It sucks to be left with a non-functioning site because admin was awful and now we've been handed off to the soulless corpos.

I think a lot of people have been waiting for the so-called positive changes, but other than deleting some forums that made them uncomfortable, you are right : There's been nothing.  Not even the tinyest effort to fix any of the glitches or anything. 

As I understand, it would take weeks to transfer all of our data onto new forum software, which is probably not sounding like a money-making proposition to them, so my guess is that they'll simply delete the whole site, and expect everyone to be happy about starting from scratch again on some site that they've configured on their own.

Them being experts in eating disorders, that is. 

Or perhaps not. I know the mods are trying to advocate for us and they deserve credit for that.   But seeing as how VS's main concern is $$, and we've seen months with no action, and they own hundreds of forums already, I'm not expecting a lot from them I'll admit. 

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#4 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Hydro Homie

• Accountability access
  • 6376 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:37 PM

What's EDC ? and yessss this forum is sooo glitchy !!

Eatingdisordercentral.com is EDC. It is run by Goddess Annea who was/is the head mod here. She was sick of the site here so started her own. And it is everything MPA should be
  • plantiful. and life_of_fabiola like this

~

I'm so uncomfortable.

#5 lithesome

lithesome

Certified Diet Coke Addict™

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • Locationa shitty post-communist country in europe

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:10 PM

never o'clock it seems.

• TinyLostSoul likes this

tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif bodychecks | 40-day fast ✓ | accountability tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif

tumblr_o3lnfswVgH1twgsxao1_400.gif

hbmi: 17 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif lbmi: 12 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif gbmi: 11

   

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3027 posts
  • LocationMy couch lol

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:47 AM

Pheeeew this site is a slow moving train wreck. Half my posts don't show as having gone through and my notifications don't load properly like 90% of the time. I can't even check my notifications right now! And there's the fact that it's broken to bits on Tapatalk so I now have to use the mobile site. And the mobile site is... Not pretty and full of glitches. The UI is honestly painful, especially after comparing it to EDC and other sites which have a beautiful UI and layout.

*I'll let everybody in on a secret: EDC is a fully functioning site just like MPA but works flawlessly. You should check it out if you haven't already.

Just checked EDC. What is with the confetti? Do you have to make an account for it to go away lol

#7 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Hydro Homie

• Accountability access
  • 6376 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 02:17 PM

Just checked EDC. What is with the confetti? Do you have to make an account for it to go away lol

Lol Annea added that because they did a whole site overhaul in July and it was a fun way to announce the site. Why it stuck around, idk. It doesn't have confetti on the mobile site which is what I use. I don't know if it goes away or not actually.
  •     likes this

~

I'm so uncomfortable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users