Do anorexics binge? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Do anorexics binge?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8545 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:18 AM

I had Anorexia for two years before I ever binged for the first time. I think honestly, I think it is guaranteed to happen at some point for anyone who restricts their intake. You might be able to last year's but it will eventually happen imo.

Yeah I was the same. Never binged and then suddenly was bulimic.
  • ekkiana likes this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#22 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8545 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:20 AM

Well...that’s why I said “from what I observe”... I didnt state its a rule LOL.
And yeah emotional binges are shitty, I agree

Ohh yikes! You did too! Im so sorry.

I swear im only functioning on 1 or 2 brain cells these days.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#23 Elene_abc

Elene_abc

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:44 AM

Yeah I was the same. Never binged and then suddenly was bulimic.

Same and then I relapsed into AN again.

Does that shit ever end?

#24 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8545 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:49 AM

Same and then I relapsed into AN again.
Does that shit ever end?

If only.

#25 Ritman0304

Ritman0304

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:54 AM

Most anorexics have bingeing phases. I hope you’re doing ok

#26 Andre91

Andre91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:02 AM

Yes I had some big binges before, but never purged. Sometines during weekends I lose control and have big meals and binge, specially when I'm having lunch whith my family.
Feeling guilty kills my mind but when I do I just can't stop that moment. Despite that I've been diagnosed with AN manybyrs ago and guess I'm still AN. Maybe not because of my body but because of my attitude and some characteristics I show.

#27 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:42 AM

Technically a binge isn't based on what you eat or how much. A binge is when you feel you lost control over eating.

It can be 300 cals or 30,000 cals.

Ah. I’ve never personally totally lost control. Once or twice, but not recently. Recently I’ve been able to say “oh ok, you went over your cal limit”, feel kinda guilty about that, but I don’t really feel like my hands are out of my control.

I think what you’re talking about would be the difference between a subjective and objective binge. An objective binge would be eating a shockingly large amount of food, a subjective one is like the 300 calories thing you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • not_my_body likes this

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#28 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8545 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:02 AM

Ah. I’ve never personally totally lost control. Once or twice, but not recently. Recently I’ve been able to say “oh ok, you went over your cal limit”, feel kinda guilty about that, but I don’t really feel like my hands are out of my control.
I think what you’re talking about would be the difference between a subjective and objective binge. An objective binge would be eating a shockingly large amount of food, a subjective one is like the 300 calories thing you said.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh. When you put it that way, it makes a lot of sense. Yes it can be seen a few ways cant it.

#29 lizziesolate

lizziesolate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:05 AM

Yes, binging is a biological response to food restriction, your body is doing all it can to get you to eat and sometimes it the urge is too strong. If you purge following the binge, it's anorexia b/p. I don't really purge following a binge, although sometimes I do fast if it fits my plans. Hope it's all going OK, try not to feel less valid as other people have said, there is nothing in the criteria for AN that forbids binging.

#30 light in the crack

light in the crack

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3948 posts
  • Locationa castle on the moon

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:35 AM

technically yes, but most of the time what we consider a "binge" doesn't even come close to what a binge looks like for people with bulimia/BED

she/they

Stats:

Spoiler

My Accountability

#31 aloof!

aloof!

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:39 AM

binging is a completely normal and natural side effect of eating under your tdee for a long time. binging doesn’t make you a fake anorexic. it’s your starving body’s way of making up for all those lost nutrients. it’s nothing to be ashamed of. we all do it.

170 / 5'7" | hw 65+ / 145+ | lw 45 / 100 | cw 51.9 / 113.6 | ugw 45 / 100 | bmi 17.8

tumblr_nxyfqzOVbK1ul5mg5o1_500.png

"just because you know you're colourblind doesn't mean you can see the colours"
accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users