>100 cals isn't normal? am i insane or just gifted - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

>100 cals isn't normal? am i insane or just gifted

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 nully

nully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Locationpoverty central

Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:51 PM

my dumbass has been eating less than or only slightly over 100 calories for most of the year and other than unrelated mental health problems i've been fine, like even when i'm not constantly thinking about (undiagnosed but certainly) anorexic shit i still eat ridiculously low cal without thinking. is it because i'm short? is there just some weird law of nature preventing me from kneeling over and dying when i pull this bullshit? my entire family has been warning me that this is going to put my body in survival mode like i'm some feral animal in the jungle but i feel completely okay with this.

i have posted about mental problems before but i'm certain that most of them are unrelated to the fucked up eating issues (with the exception of obsessive compulsive and the likes, which i *do* have diagnosed). i think i might actually be cheating death. Holy Balls.

• evolvingcaterpillar and 希棄鬼 like this

bmi: 18.4 - height: 5'1
lw: 97.6lbs
cw: 97.6lbs
hw: 104lbs
gw: 90lbs
ugw: 60lbs

r.jpg

#2 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13364 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:02 PM

So you've been eating about 100 calories a day for the past nine months and have not experienced any health complications? That's incredible. You're extremely lucky. It's true that short people need fewer calories than tall people, yes, but everybody needs a lot more than 100 calories. 100 calories is almost nothing. It's amazing that you haven't experienced any health issues, but please, please, please, try to up your calorie limit. You cannot survive on 100 calories for very long. Sooner or later, you will experience negative complications.

• Levi Ackermann, ekkiana, Cheemsburbger and 8 others like this

#3 nully

nully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:18 PM

So you've been eating about 100 calories a day for the past nine months and have not experienced any health complications? That's incredible. You're so lucky. I mean, it's true that short people need fewer calories than tall people, yes, but everybody needs a lot more than 100 calories. 100 calories is almost nothing. It's amazing that you haven't experienced any health issues, but please, please, please, try to up your calorie limit. You cannot survive on 100 calories for very long. Sooner or later, you will experience negative complications.

thank you for the second opinion, good god. i have this awful habit of doing smoothbrained shit, getting away with it for far too long, and having said thing backfire in the most comically horrible manner. i don't really know what to put after this.

r.jpg

#4 nully

nully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:20 PM

thank you for the second opinion, good god. i have this awful habit of doing smoothbrained shit, getting away with it for far too long, and having said thing backfire in the most comically horrible manner. i don't really know what to put after this.

i'll try going up to something that isn't borderline death, this could've probably messed up my metabolism so bad. again, thank you for the well worded response.

r.jpg

#5 Hereigo

Hereigo

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:20 PM

Are your signature stats not updated? Like wouldn’t you have lost 40lbs eating 100cal/day for 9mo?
  • 𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱, o0chance0o, Lacy-Lay Urn and 10 others like this

#6 flaneur

flaneur

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5307 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:30 PM

i’m not saying that you’re lying but if your stats were correct and you really were eating 100 calories for several months, surely you’d be at a bmi low enough to give you serious side effects by now? something here is off
  • 𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱, o0chance0o, Lacy-Lay Urn and 15 others like this
i’m hungry

#7 Legend27

Legend27

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:27 PM

i’m not saying that you’re lying but if your stats were correct and you really were eating 100 calories for several months, surely you’d be at a bmi low enough to give you serious side effects by now? something here is off

I thought the exact same thing lol
  • caffeinatedfairy, jpi332 and foliform like this

#8 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:38 PM

Yeah i was think the same thing its not possible. Thats why i usually dont answer new users unless im sure.
  • Skinny_emmie, %% ayna and foliform like this
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#9 foliform

foliform

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:05 PM

Either by "most of the year" you mean actually a very small part of the year, or you're wildly wrong about your intake, or your stats

Nobody can survive long term on 100 cal a day without health problems, even a morbidly obese person with tons of extra body fat could not do so

Also I'm not buying "lol is 100 cal a day not normal?" and pretending that you're just starting to wonder this after months of extreme starvation. What's your motivation for telling lies?

I don't like to be combative on this website, but I know you don't defy the laws of thermodynamics.

• o0chance0o, Lacy-Lay Urn, 2BeThinEnough and 22 others like this

Accountability

bmi 19,4

tumblr_ms1m76i65a1qjy4bzo1_400.gif

Remember to keep your electrolytes up & stay hydrated.

tumblr_lm6prsIlg41qfoi4t.gif

#10 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1582 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

i’m not wanting to insinuate you’re lying but as someone who ate 100-300 max for almost a year .. the side effects were horrendous. we’re currently pretty much the same weight ( I’m weight restored ) & weight. You’re either not being truthful or miscalculating calories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Deez Nuts, ekkiana, Dying2b3Th!n and 6 others like this

#11 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1582 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

i’m not wanting to insinuate you’re lying but as someone who ate 100-300 max for almost a year .. the side effects were horrendous. we’re currently pretty much the same weight ( I’m weight restored ) & weight. You’re either not being truthful or miscalculating calories

you’d be dead.

• ParadiseKiss likes this

#12 Deez Nuts

Deez Nuts

Pussy Vultures

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25371 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:15 PM

9 months on 100 would p much kill you - something's not adding up

I'd look at your intake and find a proper intake (looking into high restriction - and no, your body will not defy thermodynamics - in the long run even 1000-1200 will be loads better for long term.  And for avoiding binge phases)

• Levi Ackermann and not_my_body like this

a78ec59389e384bceb175f638dff87c8.gif

source.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stuff I like in spoiler, click if interested:

Spoiler

Male
AN b/p
HT: 5'6
HW: 131
CW: 107
UGW: 103

#13 SpiteZero

SpiteZero

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Locationin ur mom

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:24 PM

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

• MadScientist, Levi Ackermann, KittyMoonsugar and 24 others like this

Formerly known as Quinnix

They/Them

#14 niconicoED

niconicoED

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Locationamericunt

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:15 PM

Doctors Hate Them! Person Survives 9 Months On 1 Bag Of Crisps Per Day

• Accidie, Lacy-Lay Urn, Winterfae and 14 others like this
h: 165cm || lw: 97.4 lbs || cw: 115.5 lbs

welcome to baby's first relapse  :wub: 

23 yrs old

#15 skinnydreams2212

skinnydreams2212

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:50 PM

Doctors Hate Them! Person Survives 9 Months On 1 Bag Of Crisps Per Day

More like a third of a bag. 100 is like an apple lol
  • TurnDreamsIntoPlans, ekkiana, Dying2b3Th!n and 1 other like this

#16 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:35 PM

Sorry but I'm not believing this so therefore I can't say anything nice and im ending it here.
  • ekkiana, ForeverDieting and jpi332 like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#17 Elene_abc

Elene_abc

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:09 AM

Sorry but I'm not believing this so therefore I can't say anything nice and im ending it here.

I'm inclined to believe it's a troll too.

#18 ekkiana

ekkiana

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2321 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:12 AM

Yeah agreed something doesn't add up.
Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
SW: 73.5kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
CW: 66.2kg (BMI 22.9) - Healthy Weight
GW 1: 66kg (BMI 22.8) - Healthy Weight

GW 2: 60kg (BMI 20.8) - Healthy Weight

GW 3: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight

GW 4: 50kg (BMI 17) - Underweight

GW 5: 44kg (BMI 15) - Underweight

LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Underweight
UGW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)<p>
UGW 2: 30kg (BMI 10.4) - Underweight (Will never get here, it's too low, I'd die I think, but hm I wish I could say I'd made it to BMI 10, so fucked up)

#19 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4657 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:15 AM

Why are we even second guessing the veracity of this post?
Go troll someone else.
This is going to do someone's head in and they're going to physically and mentally beat themselves up for it.
F off
  • VancouverGirl, smile2244, Dying2b3Th!n and 2 others like this

Accountability: https://www.myproana...accountability/
Shortcut to my rants: https://www.myproana...-bullshit-dump/

Binge free since 08/28/2021
Purge free since 09/16/2021

I'll be more active on EDC

#20 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4488 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:48 AM

OP sorry but as much as I try to give everyone benefit of the doubt.... There's only so much of a degree to laws of thermodynamics one can break....
Posts like this I don't know if perhaps you found funny? To troll and ED site bit like someone pointed out someone younger [most likely] though certainly older is possible...but someone could fixate purely on the claim 100 calories most of the year and decide they too do not eat anymore than that amount ...If someone else is "fine" well than by all means....
Hell I will complain my metabolism is atrocious until I am blue in the face and if I actually believed this then I do have the potential to think well maybe I could take a couple hundred off [even though symptoms already suck]
Hypothetical of course but what if those "couple hundred " was the very amount keeping me alive for the minute? Allowing an already struggling heart just enough energy to keep beating...
Sorry but would you want to tell my daughter
Someone's mother
Father
Brother
Sister etc...
That you one day were bored and decided to post something stupid that triggered another individual to make a decision that killed them?
If you look all over this site many longer term anorexics (and other eds of course but since we are in the AN forum) and those who have been on MPA for quite some sometime....and frequently older members especially parents...
We are constantly going mother hen like towards everyone else....to butterflies who flock to the site, to trolls, to those ready to give recovery a real chance we try to embrace and maybe even give them a gentle maybe getting off MPA for a minute would be helpful...too those who are very ill we have talked into going to doctors or hospitals and help them know they're worthy of help even if we are totally feeling the opposite...
I've smiled a few times seeing a couple posts where someone was inspired by another's post to go get help or accept help etc...
I've smiled when I see posts sharing resources on how to get some help.
I can't technically speak for everyone but I have yet to see anyone on this site be the type who would want to recruit people into being sick [cough cough starving in suburbia]
Even when we don't have our own best interests at heart and have been stuck for years ....it atleast feels good to help someone before they've dug themselves down 6 feet.

Normally I bite my tongue and stay out of this shit but I'm not feeling particularly like doing so reading this at 3 am.

I can sum this up really easily THINK
And then go learn compassion where you can see eating disorders for what they are and not just someone who is vain wants to be thin and beautiful and doesn't eat.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  • Wimp Biscuit, Shaya, aloof! and 9 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users