>100 cals isn't normal? am i insane or just gifted - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

>100 cals isn't normal? am i insane or just gifted

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4488 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:52 AM

And for anyone reading my post I feel the need to mention. Yes I have a science degree . Yes I fully understand there is no such thing as "degrees to breaking " scientific laws. [Although actually you could almost debate that since occasionally laws are wrong] but I put that as subtle humor because so many of us will swear to breaking the laws of thermodynamics [me all the time] when CICO doesn't seem to want to add up and your stuck... [I'll keep it simple at that]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  • jpi332 and downward_spiral743 like this

#22 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:59 AM

Im out of likes but so agree to this.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#23 dragonfroot

dragonfroot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:43 AM

Run us through your typical intake? <100 sounds impossible, sorry to say.
Height: 157 cm
HW: 56.3 kg
SW: 52.1 kg
CW: 50.9 kg
GW: 44 kg
UGW: 40 kg

#24 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6841 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:44 AM

TUNA I SMELL TUNA
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" goal - 99? Why not hahahahaha
I'm definitely falling in a rabbit hole now....

#25 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6841 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:48 AM

OP sorry but as much as I try to give everyone benefit of the doubt.... There's only so much of a degree to laws of thermodynamics one can break....
Posts like this I don't know if perhaps you found funny? To troll and ED site bit like someone pointed out someone younger [most likely] though certainly older is possible...but someone could fixate purely on the claim 100 calories most of the year and decide they too do not eat anymore than that amount ...If someone else is "fine" well than by all means....
Hell I will complain my metabolism is atrocious until I am blue in the face and if I actually believed this then I do have the potential to think well maybe I could take a couple hundred off [even though symptoms already suck]
Hypothetical of course but what if those "couple hundred " was the very amount keeping me alive for the minute? Allowing an already struggling heart just enough energy to keep beating...
Sorry but would you want to tell my daughter
Someone's mother
Father
Brother
Sister etc...
That you one day were bored and decided to post something stupid that triggered another individual to make a decision that killed them?
If you look all over this site many longer term anorexics (and other eds of course but since we are in the AN forum) and those who have been on MPA for quite some sometime....and frequently older members especially parents...
We are constantly going mother hen like towards everyone else....to butterflies who flock to the site, to trolls, to those ready to give recovery a real chance we try to embrace and maybe even give them a gentle maybe getting off MPA for a minute would be helpful...too those who are very ill we have talked into going to doctors or hospitals and help them know they're worthy of help even if we are totally feeling the opposite...
I've smiled a few times seeing a couple posts where someone was inspired by another's post to go get help or accept help etc...
I've smiled when I see posts sharing resources on how to get some help.
I can't technically speak for everyone but I have yet to see anyone on this site be the type who would want to recruit people into being sick [cough cough starving in suburbia]
Even when we don't have our own best interests at heart and have been stuck for years ....it atleast feels good to help someone before they've dug themselves down 6 feet.

Normally I bite my tongue and stay out of this shit but I'm not feeling particularly like doing so reading this at 3 am.

I can sum this up really easily THINK
And then go learn compassion where you can see eating disorders for what they are and not just someone who is vain wants to be thin and beautiful and doesn't eat.

MIC DROP🎤
  • ekkiana, Rea Eris, not_my_body and 1 other like this
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" goal - 99? Why not hahahahaha
I'm definitely falling in a rabbit hole now....

#26 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:25 AM

Umm....I wonder what 100 cals of Troll food tastes like.
  • ekkiana and lowcalskinnyy like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#27 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:36 AM

TUNA I SMELL TUNA

Lol
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#28 Levi Ackermann

Levi Ackermann

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1526 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:39 AM

god i logged on yesterday, read this, and immediately just logged out. glad to come back and be reading these replies y'all are funny asf lmao

• lyrate, UsernameName, ekkiana and 10 others like this

sw: 179lbs / 36.2 / obese         

cw: 162.8lbs / 32.9 / obese            

gw1: 148.5lbs / 30.0 / overweight

gw2: 123.8lbs / 25.0 / normal      

gw3: 91.6lbs / 18.5 / underweight

ugw: 79lbs / 16.0 / underweight   

DX / OSFED, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, PTSD, GENDER DYSPHORIA, ?BIPOLAR OR SOME MOOD DISORDER?

THEY / HE

top surgery on the 31st of august!

currently recovering !!

196871572000202.gif

fd172f4cf4e08fe12d65f45d60488164.gif

#29 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1909 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:44 AM

OP sorry but as much as I try to give everyone benefit of the doubt.... There's only so much of a degree to laws of thermodynamics one can break....
Posts like this I don't know if perhaps you found funny? To troll and ED site bit like someone pointed out someone younger [most likely] though certainly older is possible...but someone could fixate purely on the claim 100 calories most of the year and decide they too do not eat anymore than that amount ...If someone else is "fine" well than by all means....
Hell I will complain my metabolism is atrocious until I am blue in the face and if I actually believed this then I do have the potential to think well maybe I could take a couple hundred off [even though symptoms already suck]
Hypothetical of course but what if those "couple hundred " was the very amount keeping me alive for the minute? Allowing an already struggling heart just enough energy to keep beating...
Sorry but would you want to tell my daughter
Someone's mother
Father
Brother
Sister etc...
That you one day were bored and decided to post something stupid that triggered another individual to make a decision that killed them?
If you look all over this site many longer term anorexics (and other eds of course but since we are in the AN forum) and those who have been on MPA for quite some sometime....and frequently older members especially parents...
We are constantly going mother hen like towards everyone else....to butterflies who flock to the site, to trolls, to those ready to give recovery a real chance we try to embrace and maybe even give them a gentle maybe getting off MPA for a minute would be helpful...too those who are very ill we have talked into going to doctors or hospitals and help them know they're worthy of help even if we are totally feeling the opposite...
I've smiled a few times seeing a couple posts where someone was inspired by another's post to go get help or accept help etc...
I've smiled when I see posts sharing resources on how to get some help.
I can't technically speak for everyone but I have yet to see anyone on this site be the type who would want to recruit people into being sick [cough cough starving in suburbia]
Even when we don't have our own best interests at heart and have been stuck for years ....it atleast feels good to help someone before they've dug themselves down 6 feet.

Normally I bite my tongue and stay out of this shit but I'm not feeling particularly like doing so reading this at 3 am.

I can sum this up really easily THINK
And then go learn compassion where you can see eating disorders for what they are and not just someone who is vain wants to be thin and beautiful and doesn't eat.

I agree withh everything you said, and like you said being like a mother hen. Im 34 been here since i was 19. Its people like you that tried to warn me. But i was already two years in since i was 17. Currrently trying to get back down from 127 now to 105. But i try to help others with the same advice i was given and im so happy when it works. But these kinds of post just piss me off. Its like these people just love to troll make fun of people and make them worse.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#30 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:35 AM

I agree withh everything you said, and like you said being like a mother hen. Im 34 been here since i was 19. Its people like you that tried to warn me. But i was already two years in since i was 17. Currrently trying to get back down from 127 now to 105. But i try to help others with the same advice i was given and im so happy when it works. But these kinds of post just piss me off. Its like these people just love to troll make fun of people and make them worse.

36 here.

I can relate.
  • Dying2b3Th!n likes this

#31 Sadgirl88

Sadgirl88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:41 AM

Hahaha wow. Um ok.
I was having less than 800cals a day for 2 weeks and I lost 7kgs & my kidneys were shutting down & could barely walk.
Please…
  • jpi332 likes this
Height: 157cm
Current BMI: 25.2 OVERWEIGHT 😭
BMI GOAL: 17.5

HW: 73.1kgs
CW: 62.2kgs

GW1: 59kgs by 30.9.21
GW2: 56kgs by 4.10.21
GW3: 53kgs by 25.10.21
UGW: 42kgs by 25.12.21

#32 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1867 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:59 AM

Why are we even second guessing the veracity of this post?
Go troll someone else.
This is going to do someone's head in and they're going to physically and mentally beat themselves up for it.
F off

Yep, for a second I got guilt, til I realized “oh shit this is thermodynamically impossible” unless the person was like 300 pounds to begin with. And even then they’d be losing like a pound every day and a half.

Funny how online you meet so may who defy the laws of nature. Here, we see our first example of a human/plant chimera. No food needed, only sunlight.

Still excellent trigger material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • aloof! and ForeverDieting like this

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#33 Cunterfly

Cunterfly

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12423 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:04 AM

I've been eating 50 calories a day for 30 years and I know exactly how you feel

• 𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱, kitkat27, Winterfae and 13 others like this

Current accountability: https://www.myproana...lys-junky-july/

Current meme thread: https://www.myproana...you-snowflakes/

ASD-2 with executive dysfunction and emotional dysregulation

Permanent hypermetabolism 

Likes cats a lot

#34 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:07 AM

I've been eating 50 calories a day for 30 years and I know exactly how you feel

Same my friend. Same here. Im now officially able to walk above the ground due to weighing so little. Im like, God, in female form.
  • Winterfae, Levi Ackermann, Pumpkin-King and 1 other like this

#35 dicehatestealth

dicehatestealth

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:16 AM

op is real quiet now

• VancouverGirl, 𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱, Levi Ackermann and 2 others like this

#36 greeres

greeres

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Locationthe cereal aisle of the grocery store

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:04 AM

Hahaha wow. Um ok.
I was having less than 800cals a day for 2 weeks and I lost 7kgs & my kidneys were shutting down & could barely walk.
Please…

this is also ..... not a thing that happens LMAO.
either you were already at a bmi of like 12, had prior kidney/walking issues, or did something weird and fucked up, cuz an intake of 800 for two weeks wouldn't do that to someone who started off in ~okay condition.
hell, an intake of 100 for two weeks wouldn't do that.

laughing at this entire thread rn, what a mess
  • Levi Ackermann, NoFlyBy, FatGothBat and 1 other like this
sweet emptied arms called worth and habit.
rikke's accountability

#37 basedandshinjipilled

basedandshinjipilled

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:16 AM

either you were already at a bmi of like 12, had prior kidney/walking issues, or did something weird and fucked up, cuz an intake of 800 for two weeks wouldn't do that to someone who started off in ~okay condition.

to be fair things like that CAN happen, usually if you're also doing other things like excessive lax use, purging all the time etc but it's not likely under normal circumstances

but yeah 800 alone will not shut your kidneys down

#38 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4657 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:24 AM

do you mean to tell me you've never lost 34598 pounds in a week eating a few hundred calories per day?

what a noob

Spoiler

• greeres, Levi Ackermann, Skinni_._Love and 2 others like this

Accountability: https://www.myproana...accountability/
Shortcut to my rants: https://www.myproana...-bullshit-dump/

Binge free since 08/28/2021
Purge free since 09/16/2021

I'll be more active on EDC

#39 grushenka

grushenka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:26 AM

uWU YeS I'm a SpCeiaL aNgeL seNT fRom tHe anA GoDs aNd I oNlY eAt 5 CaLoriEs a DaY for 10000 yEArS noW uWU Us EtHreAL bEiNgs dO noT eAt ♡

😐 not fucking laughing and I'm not buying this bs babe
  • Levi Ackermann, Skinni_._Love, Sxsxnne and 4 others like this

#40 v!wvuv

v!wvuv

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:38 AM

More like a third of a bag. 100 is like an apple lol

I mean... an apple a day keeps the doctor away right?

• ForeverDieting and not_my_body like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users