>100 cals isn't normal? am i insane or just gifted - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

>100 cals isn't normal? am i insane or just gifted

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 hol

hol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

not insane or gifted, just a liar.

• Levi Ackermann, ParadiseKiss, ForeverDieting and 3 others like this

19, 5'5'' 

101.5lb

#42 littlelibrarian

littlelibrarian

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:59 AM

Please say sike
  • Skinny_emmie and grushenka like this

#43 fairyb0nes1

fairyb0nes1

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:00 AM

R u sure ur acc counting right?

Edit: definitely a troll or a blooming idiot who can’t count. Do us a favor and leave this site
  • Xx.artangel.xX likes this

#44 basedandshinjipilled

basedandshinjipilled

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:06 AM

i genuinely feel like this is a misinformed child not a troll or anything. just based on what the acc looks and sounds like

• greeres, fairyb0nes1 and grushenka like this

#45 dylanisnolongerdyingsadly

dylanisnolongerdyingsadly

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:20 AM

this is also ..... not a thing that happens LMAO.
either you were already at a bmi of like 12, had prior kidney/walking issues, or did something weird and fucked up, cuz an intake of 800 for two weeks wouldn't do that to someone who started off in ~okay condition.
hell, an intake of 100 for two weeks wouldn't do that.

laughing at this entire thread rn, what a mess

As much as i think that persons comparison is off, and i hate hate hate using this phrase, what youve said is kinda "invalidating" (for lack of better phrase i know that is cringe to say) cuz even when im healthy weight. i relapse and try eating under 1000 and it fucking destroys me somehow. As in i start blacking out and shit within a few days.. its deffinitely not "not a thing that happens" but i can see why youd think that.

I do agree though that it isnt super common, like, its kinda a false equivilance because that doesnt happen to everybody, or atleast it only happens to a select few, whereas eating 100 calories a day for like most of a year would severely damage ANYBODY lol

ezgif-5-102da447e503.gif

✿ "Broken bottles under children's feet,
bodies strewn across the dead-end street."

Spoiler

#46 ☆PaisleySky☆

☆PaisleySky☆

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationPNW🌲

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:27 AM

At first I thought this was a humblebrag but now it’s very apparent you’re likely a troll.

On the off chance you’re serious I’m going to give you a serious response.

Even if you do think you’re “fine”, your body is suffering, maybe it just hasn’t become apparent to you yet. Yes, short folks generally don’t need as many cals as tall folks to function because we have lower BMRs. But I’m 5’2”, and in 2015 I ate <300 cals a day (with no exercise whatsoever) for 3 months and by month two I could hardly walk up or down the stairs. I lost a third of my hair and my blood work was a disaster by the third. So 100 cals a day for a YEAR? Nah you’d be in rough shape whether you realize it or not.
  • Not vibing bro and fairyb0nes1 like this

5'2"

CW 101 lbs 🐳

LW 76 lbs

Recovery failure.

✨Watch my relapse here✨

#47 edgy-onyx

edgy-onyx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:20 PM

Also, looking at your stats, you would probably die before you got to 60 lbs. im 5'1" too and i know this for a fact

onyx | 20 | she/they

5'1"

SW: 189 lbs

CW: 183.2 lbs

GW1: 175 lbs

UGW: 110 lbs

200.gif

#48 Lacy-Lay Urn

Lacy-Lay Urn

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:16 PM

This post is actually so absurd lmfao

H: 5' 2"

CW: 104

HW: 116

LW: 88

GW:90

tumblr_m0jii9aFfp1qh5mm9o1_500_zpsb422b2

#49 greeres

greeres

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Locationthe cereal aisle of the grocery store

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:36 PM

As much as i think that persons comparison is off, and i hate hate hate using this phrase, what youve said is kinda "invalidating" (for lack of better phrase i know that is cringe to say) cuz even when im healthy weight. i relapse and try eating under 1000 and it fucking destroys me somehow. As in i start blacking out and shit within a few days.. its deffinitely not "not a thing that happens" but i can see why youd think that.

dude, if this person is experiencing renal failure within 14 days of restriction at 800 (which would be considered medium/high for most of us), they should see a fuckin doctor lmao.

lightheadedness? sure, happens to everybody.

losing 7kgs (15.5lbs) in 14 days? doubtful, but maybe if they're super active, at a higher starting weight, or shedding water weight or something .

but completely unable to walk, kidneys giving up? just ... no ????? if that's happening, it's because they have some serious underlying health issues, or they're purposely dehydrating themselves.

even if you were stranded in a cave somewhere for two weeks with absolutely nothing to eat, as long as you had enough water, you wouldn't reach renal shutdown and collapse that fast (... unless you also have, like, diabetes or some shit).

sorry if you personally find food restriction difficult for some reason (???) but i'm not being "invalidating" here — it's just .... legitimately not factual information.

OP's account is brand new anyways, i'm assuming they're just being dramatic.

• ArtisticScreeching likes this
sweet emptied arms called worth and habit.
rikke's accountability

#50 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1867 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:39 PM

dude, if this person is experiencing renal failure within 14 days of restriction at 800 (which would be considered medium/high for most of us), they should see a fuckin doctor lmao.

losing 7kgs (15.5lbs) in 14 days? doubtful, but maybe if they're super active, at a higher starting weight, or shedding water weight or something .
but completely unable to walk, kidneys giving up? just ... no ????? if that's happening, it's because they have some serious underlying health issues, or they're purposely dehydrating themselves.

even if you were stranded in a cave somewhere for two weeks with absolutely nothing to eat, as long as you had enough water, you wouldn't reach renal shutdown and collapse that fast (... unless you also have, like, diabetes or some shit).
sorry if you personally find food restriction
difficult for some reason (???) but i'm not being "invalidating" here — it's just .... legitimately not factual information.

14 days of restriction at 800 cals wouldn’t be high restriction. I always thought high restriction was like a couple hundred under tdee or maintaining at underweight? That’s what I’m doing rn anyways.

If op was underweight to begin with, ate 800 cals and had a tdee of 1700, op would be in a 900 deficit each day. 900*14=12600, 3.6 pounds of weight from fat. Probably more in water weight. As someone who’s shorter, a pound or two makes a pretty big difference, so if op was also short and underweight or weak to begin with, it could’ve added onto any damage done.

And maybe part of the renal failure was lack of water too…people tend to be under hydrated here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • not_my_body likes this

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#51 korba

korba

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Locationharibo factory

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:35 PM

I think you missed another 0, OP.
If you meant 1000 calories we’d all believe you.

But I guess you’re a troll.

And in that case, the only 100 you get is 100% terminated soon.

Or maybe trolls can violate the laws of physics, cause they dont have the same metabolism as we, poor humans do.

This made me wonder: how tall a troll is? What is an average BMI of a troll? What would their BMR be? Hmmmm…

my prefered pronoun is dumbas

show me pics of your cats and we’ll be friends

#52 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:46 PM

14 days of restriction at 800 cals wouldn’t be high restriction. I always thought high restriction was like a couple hundred under tdee or maintaining at underweight? That’s what I’m doing rn anyways.
If op was underweight to begin with, ate 800 cals and had a tdee of 1700, op would be in a 900 deficit each day. 900*14=12600, 3.6 pounds of weight from fat. Probably more in water weight. As someone who’s shorter, a pound or two makes a pretty big difference, so if op was also short and underweight or weak to begin with, it could’ve added onto any damage done.
And maybe part of the renal failure was lack of water too…people tend to be under hydrated here.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your definition of high restriction is accurate.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#53 Sadgirl88

Sadgirl88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:43 PM

this is also ..... not a thing that happens LMAO.
either you were already at a bmi of like 12, had prior kidney/walking issues, or did something weird and fucked up, cuz an intake of 800 for two weeks wouldn't do that to someone who started off in ~okay condition.
hell, an intake of 100 for two weeks wouldn't do that.

laughing at this entire thread rn, what a mess

Well… it did but I was obese with a bmi of 34 & it’s where my ED started.. now no. I assume it was mostly water. I was in a mental health ward for my suicide attempt & refused to eat completely. It took them two weeks to get a tube into me.
My metabolism has dropped since & I can’t go back & barely dropping 500gms a weeks..
Trust me, I ain’t trolling no one, I only mentioned it because it’s was the first two weeks.. not for weeks on end..
Height: 157cm
Current BMI: 25.2 OVERWEIGHT 😭
BMI GOAL: 17.5

HW: 73.1kgs
CW: 62.2kgs

GW1: 59kgs by 30.9.21
GW2: 56kgs by 4.10.21
GW3: 53kgs by 25.10.21
UGW: 42kgs by 25.12.21

#54 Sadgirl88

Sadgirl88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:56 PM

sorry if you personally find food restriction difficult for some reason (???) but i'm not being "invalidating" here — it's just .... legitimately not factual information.

Ok so when I said barely walk I meant I would quite literally collapse from dizziness. I felt so weak & could barely hold myself up.
I lost 4.2kgs in one week and 3.1kgs the following week. I was also in hospital where I was being treated. After the 14 days I was loosing about 500gms- 1kg a week restricting and I was hardly eating 400cals.
I also, had my bloods done daily while in hospital to monitor my levels as my potassium & sodium were dangerously low. My kidneys were struggling & my heart rate dropped, a lot. I was very sick & I went downhill very quickly! Please don’t invalidate me. That was a very traumatic experience for me ☹️ One I am still healing from,
I only mentioned my experience because I understand that it most likely was water weight and I was obese with a bmi of 34 so it was a quick drop off. Now I can barely tip 500gms & that’s eating less than 800 Cals a day.
  • VancouverGirl likes this
Height: 157cm
Current BMI: 25.2 OVERWEIGHT 😭
BMI GOAL: 17.5

HW: 73.1kgs
CW: 62.2kgs

GW1: 59kgs by 30.9.21
GW2: 56kgs by 4.10.21
GW3: 53kgs by 25.10.21
UGW: 42kgs by 25.12.21

#55 dicehatestealth

dicehatestealth

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:50 AM

sorry to revive this but im coming back to it cuz i just realized how fucked up it is!! like imagine someone super vulnerable sees that post and thinks they themselves aren't restricting low enough, or feel they're weak because they get symptoms on low res but op doesnt. this is a horrible thing to lie about :(

• aloof! and not_my_body like this

#56 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1910 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:35 AM

sorry to revive this but im coming back to it cuz i just realized how fucked up it is!! like imagine someone super vulnerable sees that post and thinks they themselves aren't restricting low enough, or feel they're weak because they get symptoms on low res but op doesnt. this is a horrible thing to lie about :(

Yes because we all know if that was true the person wouldve either dropped dead by now or end up with serious complications in the hospital. Im not worried about the ones who have done this years on end seeing this. They know its not possible, im worried about the ones just starting out like teenagers.
  • not_my_body likes this
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#57 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8564 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:37 AM

Yes because we all know if that was true the person wouldve either dropped dead by now or end up with serious complications in the hospital. Im not worried about the ones who have done this years on end seeing this. They know its not possible, im worried about the ones just starting out like teenagers.

Hopefully if they see this thread, they read through it all and not just what OP said.
  • ForeverDieting and Dying2b3Th!n like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#58 skinnyselene

skinnyselene

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:55 AM

I think they forgot a 0. 

1000, not 100. 

#59 Elene_abc

Elene_abc

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 06:04 AM

And for anyone reading my post I feel the need to mention. Yes I have a science degree . Yes I fully understand there is no such thing as "degrees to breaking " scientific laws. [Although actually you could almost debate that since occasionally laws are wrong] but I put that as subtle humor because so many of us will swear to breaking the laws of thermodynamics [me all the time] when CICO doesn't seem to want to add up and your stuck... [I'll keep it simple at that]
Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I shared a video before about a girl who claimed she couldn't lose weight on 50 calories or less for months...

It's insane but i don't believe it.

The law of thyrodynamics still stands.

You either black out, sleep binge and forget or your body eats itself to death.

I believe that an anorexic can do it just not for that long and not without some serious side effects.

#60 Elene_abc

Elene_abc

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 06:04 AM

Also stop feeding trolls.
  • ForeverDieting and not_my_body like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users