Plateuing underweight - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Plateuing underweight

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Idktbh__

Idktbh__

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:59 PM

Hey all, idk of you can relate but personally there are specific weights/bmi’s where I plateu and I’ve worked this out over years of gaining from forced recovery amd relapse and the only way to beat these is continuing restriction and not eating maintenance or anything because personally that makes me gain and not lose (like the whoosh effect) for me…

For example personally I ALWAYS plateu at 39-40kgs like ever single time I reach 39.9kgs it’ll take me weeks to reach the 38’s and it’s happened countless times for no reason but then 38-36kgs comes off so easily and effortlessly and quick… this is like bmi 17 for me.

It also happens around 43-44 kgs…

Rn I’m at the lowest I’ve ever been - around 35kgs give or take I’m not too sure because I’m blind weighed, I’ve never really hit below 36kgs in any of my relapses because I usually feel shitty physically when I reach that area.

However for WEEKS I’ve been stuck around high 34’s-35… and I’ve been doing average of 280cals/day (some fasts, some rlly low days and some 400 days a week)

I genuinely don’t know what to do, I’m like low BMI 15s right now and I want to make it to the 13’s lol and everyone always says just do a Maintenance day or something but it NEVER works for me

PLWASE HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wait but what’s a signature ahahahah

#2 sugarwhore

sugarwhore

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:00 AM

I think you can try to eat more for a week around 600 cal a day and then restrict again?

I feel like if you eat the same amount of calorie for a long time your body gets used to it and it doesn't work the same anymore.

And also maybe water fasting may help

Dwh0p3.png?t=1&k7sIjss6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users