Yom Kippur - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Yom Kippur

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aleff21

Aleff21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:01 AM

G’mar chatimah tovah to the Jewish population here!
Are any of you fasting this year for Yom Kippur? My family isn’t allowing me to fast, (I get to fast a little this evening and tomorrow morning though, I’ve got a blood test whoop wooop), but I’m curious to see people’s stance on fasting for religious purposes. If you’re Jewish you’d probably know that there’s a big thing with not harming your body bc it was made by God, and harming your body (aka fasting while being underweight or without a period etc), as a way to ask God for forgiveness is kinda counterintuitive. 

• Rockstarophile likes this

Height: 159cm (nearly 5’3 for all you imperial lovers)

HW: 51.7kg (jesus…) 

HBMI: 21.2 (I was a tad shorter)

CW: shut up

CBMI: low to mid 15s i don’t wanna look 

CMood: blood test and ECG tmrw kill me now

Ana w/ b/p subtype 

4AF5CF4B 2604 45A4 AFFB 6592342D4F4D

#2 erin_go_bragh

erin_go_bragh

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:12 PM

I am fasting. I’m nervous because I really want to do it for the right reason but I know I’m going to get caught up in the Ed part of my brain focused on losing weight and feeling empty. But I also don’t want to not fast because that just doesn’t sit right with me ya know?
  • Aleff21 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users