How do you feel low restricing? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How do you feel low restricing?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Failingprincess

Failingprincess

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:49 PM

How do u guys feel while doing LOW restricing (like 0-500 kcal)? Especially in the beginning of low restricting? Ik after like 3+ weeks it becomes pretty ”easy” or like a habit but in the beginning? The first weeks? Cause i have just started low restricing and idk i feel like empty/down etc is this normal? Ty

#2 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13364 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:50 PM

Yes, that's very normal. I usually feel like the walking dead

• laetitiabb likes this

#3 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:50 PM

Hi. I started relapsing 10 days ago on 250 (more like 230) cals per day and tbh I feel ok. A bit wobbly sometimes - getting more obsessive I’ve noticed with weighing myself and I have noticed today my eyes have been blurring a bit - not sure if that’s connected tho- but aside from that ok. Not hungry so that’s a bonus.

I am at a high recovery weight tho so maybe that’s why I’m doing ok
  • fribble likes this
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#4 JohnThomas93

JohnThomas93

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:57 PM

I feel wonderful. Seriously. Major energy, motivation, euphoria. I'm excited to get out of bed in the morning and ccx weigh myself. I stop hating my behavior because I'm losing fat instead of overeating. Eventually after a week or so I start having episodes of extreme dizziness, light headedness, a feeling like I need to sleep immediately but I'll just eat a small amount of carbs and I'm good again in an hour.
  • greeres, LittleChefRémy07 and fribble like this
"Work hard in silence. Let your success make the noise"

#5 whatsername☆

whatsername☆

nooch whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25689 posts
  • Locationin NYC's armpit

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:02 PM

yeah, that's totally normal.

i always felt like i would keel over at any moment and i passed out fairly frequently. i can't do anything under 7-800 anymore (nor do i want to tbh) 

• CrimsonRose28 likes this

🔥💀🔥

Spoiler

accountability and time wasting

share some humor here

horses make life better- v2.0

8c1b7b41861291d3c2954d822bcd34cd.jpg

nU14Dpl.png

tellonym

-i've mostly moved to EDC-

#6 ꒰ఎ 𝐬𝐞𝐧.♡ ໒꒱

꒰ఎ 𝐬𝐞𝐧.♡ ໒꒱

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

totally normal. low restriction has its peaks and downfalls, but for the most of it i just feel extremely tired/lethargic, even if something exciting is happening or if i'm doing something that i genuinely enjoy. the exhaustion is always there, lurking. also irritability and emotional outbursts happen more frequently when im low restricting or fasting. hangriness is a bitch :/ electrolytes and caffeine help curb some of this though! and gum. god, sugarfree spearmint is the only reason why i'm still alive today<3

tumblr_inline_mjpoi0TQKy1qz4rgp.gif

they/she.

ugbmi: 14s.

tumblr_inline_mycs1x66bm1qid2nw.gif5'6"; 16.9 bmi.tumblr_inline_mycs1x66bm1qid2nw.gif

tumblr_inline_muhhdo6hP61qid2nw.gif

#7 CrimsonRose28

CrimsonRose28

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:21 PM

I felt really tired and my heart would palpitate. Every now and then I will eat 200 calories a day but it’s rare. 800 is my happy number. I get to eat a decent amount, I don’t feel tired, and I know I’m still in a deficit.
  • fribble likes this
BMI: 17.5
CW: 111 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
LW: 95 lbs
HW: 126 lbs

#8 CrimsonRose28

CrimsonRose28

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:22 PM

yeah, that's totally normal.

i always felt like i would keel over at any moment and i passed out fairly frequently. i can't do anything under 7-800 anymore (nor do i want to tbh)

This is my happy range as well. I can still have a wholesome meal for dinner but I’m also happy knowing I’m below 1000.
  • whatsername☆ and laetitiabb like this
BMI: 17.5
CW: 111 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
LW: 95 lbs
HW: 126 lbs

#9 oversizedsweatshirt

oversizedsweatshirt

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:31 PM

im doing omad 500cal res rn and i've noticed that about midday i start to feel really heavy and lethargic. i also got up this morning and was having heart palpitations but idk if that's from restricting or from getting out of bed too fast. it's fairly easy rn tho, whenever i start to feel hungry i go drink some coffee or water
sw: 190 • cw: 155 • ugw: 90 • height: 5'5

#10 sparklingwaterhoe

sparklingwaterhoe

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:59 PM

it is completely normal! ive been eating 400 calories a day and I think ive managed to find what works for me in terms of energy which is eating 100 (more or less) calories at 11 am or so and eating the remaining 300 or so for dinner. it’s what helps me stay most energized

#11 flaneur

flaneur

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5307 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:22 PM

physically: like shit

emotionally: on top of the world
  • 2BeThinEnough, キラキラ, laetitiabb and 1 other like this
i’m hungry

#12 fairyb0nes1

fairyb0nes1

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:43 PM

thats usually what i stick to, tbh physically fine but all i think about is food

#13 anarchy-boy

anarchy-boy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1168 posts
  • Location地獄

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:58 PM

i'm kinda light-headed 24/7 when i low res so i can't feel much of anything, physically and mentally.

it doesn't really get better, you just learn to work with it.

「he/him」

「sw/hw」 117 lbs ✧ 53 kg ✧ 8 st 5 ✧21.4 bmi

「cw」 103.0 lbs ✧ 46.7 kg ✧ 7 st 5 ✧ 18.7 bmi

「ugw」 70 lbs ✧ 32 kg ✧ 5 st ✧ 13 bmi

「lw」 6 lbs 10 oz

『5'2 ✧ 158 cm』

41ca312f141fe91dadb4326cc7b3ed0647502e3e

† tumblr †

† accountability †

† eating disorder central †

#14 greeres

greeres

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Locationthe cereal aisle of the grocery store

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:58 PM

yeah, it's normal to feel like shit all the time. welcome to eating disorders !!! lmao.

i've tried periods of high, medium, and low restriction over the years, and low restriction (0-500ish) is kinda the only thing that makes me feel like i'm making any progress. i like feeling hungry, empty, etc ... the first couple weeks are the best, when the lbs start dropping quickly; i usually still have plenty of energy, and i get excited seeing the number on the scale go down.

by week 3-4 i start feeling cold, tired, & lightheaded, & usually binge urges start to kick in, which means i have to try to up my cals a bit (600-800ish) or do a "binge day" and go out to eat with a family member or something.

i still haven't got it down to a science yet, but i think this time around i might try doing 2 weeks low/1 week high, or something ... who knows.

• rotten-milk likes this
sweet emptied arms called worth and habit.
rikke's accountability

#15 skinnyminie3

skinnyminie3

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:01 PM

First week was hard but afterwards just feels so easy to me. I feel better and thinner. Sometimes I feel a little weak and foggy but I just sleep ❤️

#16 fribble

fribble

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:00 PM

for the few days i restrict that low i feel euphoric but also anxious… i wanna get back to it
if only i can find some way to restrict to 5-600 consistently and still be able to function

27 yo | 5ft 3in | cw: 82 lbs / bmi 14.5 

GW #1: 80 lbs - BMI 14.2

GW #2: 77 lbs - BMI 13.6

UGW: Living Dead Doll ♡

#17 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:18 PM

How do u guys feel while doing LOW restricing (like 0-500 kcal)? Especially in the beginning of low restricting? Ik after like 3+ weeks it becomes pretty ”easy” or like a habit but in the beginning? The first weeks? Cause i have just started low restricing and idk i feel like empty/down etc is this normal? Ty

Yes its normal im used to it because its bee 17 years, also im already depressed, empty and numb so i cant tell.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#18 XxCravingSkinnyxx

XxCravingSkinnyxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:20 AM

I love it. A bunch of people are in about high restriction now but honestly I feel like I would end up losing control with that. My favorite feeling in the whole world is having an empty stomach and feeling it rumble. However, after a bit you gotta be careful. It’s super draining, and you’ll be super tired because you’re not getting the energy you need but you get used to it. I’ve been low restricting for a while now and honestly eating normal is painful

#19 oh2belovely

oh2belovely

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2571 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:36 AM

The lack of energy is the worst. I feel no motivation to do anything and just want to spend all day in bed.

998927p7vnzvtz22.gif998927p7vnzvtz22.gif

lw 104 / 5'10 (14.92)

accountability

#20 pillsandmatcha

pillsandmatcha

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:12 AM

The lack of energy is the worst. I feel no motivation to do anything and just want to spend all day in bed.

Same. And then I have to somehow work 80 hours. I don't know how long I can do this without breaking. I just want to hibernate like an animal. Occasionally I will have a weird short burst of energy but I'm almost always drained to the point that taking a shower or doing laundry and making my bed seems insurmountable.
5'5 165cm CW:82 LW:82 GW1:82 GW2:78

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users