Am I doing damage? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Am I doing damage?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 rosebunny

rosebunny

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Locationheaven's cloud

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:46 PM

Ok, so I thought your picture was familiar, and you're the person who was talking about your plateau and drinking only coffee.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but what you're doing is simply unsustainable. It's not a matter of you having strong will to do it.

Your body will not let you get away with this.

I highly recommend you up your intake, at least up to 500kcal, trust me, that's so low. Then you can up your take untill you're able to eat 1000kcal.

Also, not only are you malnourished, but you're dehydrated. It's no wonder you're getting these symptoms.

I don't know your situation, but I feel like it's my obligation to say this: Please seek a professional. The fact that you're afraid of calories in water, of all things, should be more than enough to let you know this is far away from your control.

I wish you the best.

331056ae5eb61214807a0bbb0489c3f2.jpg

Some people fear the end
But I carry it

accountability

#22 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:49 PM

Ok, so I thought your picture was familiar, and you're the person who was talking about your plateau and drinking only coffee.
I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but what you're doing is simply unsustainable. It's not a matter of you having strong will to do it.
Your body will not let you get away with this.

I highly recommend you up your intake, at least up to 500kcal, trust me, that's so low. Then you can up your take untill you're able to eat 1000kcal.
Also, not only are you malnourished, but you're dehydrated. It's no wonder you're getting these symptoms.

I don't know your situation, but I feel like it's my obligation to say this: Please seek a professional. The fact that you're afraid of calories in water, of all things, should be more than enough to let you know this is far away from your control.

I wish you the best.

Thanks. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone given my current weight. No chance. Yea water scares the sh*t out of me. I want to try to up my intake but that is so terrifying I don’t know. Even eating up to my 250 goal isn’t acceptable so eating more seems inconceivable
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#23 pocket-sized

pocket-sized

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:50 PM

I just feel too big for any problems you know? I might add in a vitamin or something

I get it, I really do - and I don't want to sound harsh because I know how hard it is when your head's telling you one thing and everyone else is advising you to do the opposite - but whether you're "too big" or not becomes irrelevant if/when you get to the point of needing (potentially urgent) medical help. Just taking vitamin deficiencies as an example: the effects aren't always immediate like with something like low blood sugar, but given enough time certain ones can - and will - make you feel like absolute shit. 230 calories per day is nothing. You are doing damage. I know that's hypocritical of me to say and I really don't want to lecture, but it's simply not sustainable. You deserve more than this.

0qO16Sp.gif

diagnosed AN-R
CBMI: 15.2 
ick | outpatient

vegan for mother earth ❀

“I wish I wasn’t a girl who needed so much but a little free creature that slept in deserts and ran on clouds and lived on lilies.”

#24 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2917 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:50 PM

I am wondering tho given I have gained so much - is 230 really that bad? I can burn my fat off. It will go away. I’m disgusting and so ashamed
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#25 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2917 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:51 PM

I get it, I really do - and I don't want to sound harsh because I know how hard it is when your head's telling you one thing and everyone else is advising you to do the opposite - but whether you're "too big" or not becomes irrelevant if/when you get to the point of needing (potentially urgent) medical help. Just taking vitamin deficiencies as an example: the effects aren't always immediate like with something like low blood sugar, but given enough time certain ones can - and will - make you feel like absolute shit. 230 calories per day is nothing. You are doing damage. I know that's hypocritical of me to say and I really don't want to lecture, but it's simply not sustainable.

I know you’re right. It’s just so hard. Tbh tho I also don’t think I’d reach out for medical help. I’m just too embarrassed of how big I let myself get
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#26 at my bullshit again

at my bullshit again

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Locationƪ(‘ε’)౨ disassociating

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:27 PM

From my experience with the wobbliness and blurry eyes at 200cal daily intake, you're entering the damaging your body territory.

Can you reach out to a medical provider to do an electrolyte panel? Or at least find electrolytes to to supplement with? I want your heart to continue beating.

You're at risk for severe dehydration too with so little food intake. I've had hypovolemia a few times when I was consuming ~200cal a day.

I want to list some things that signal you need emergency medical attention.

The symptoms of low blood volume due to dehydration is when you're out of breath from sitting upright or standing but once you lay down it'll subside. This is when you need to go to an emergency department for an IV. If you don't get an IV when this happens you'll go into shock.

Please remember to seek emergency medical care if you experience dizziness and heart palpitations simultaneously. Also please get care if you ever pass out. People lose consciousness and never wake up.

I know it's difficult to increase intake and seek help right now. I won't press because other people have talked about this in this thread.

Take care love. Please take it easy and not put too much strain on your body.

lou MHaIzjT.png twenty-somethin Nq3h40r.png any pronouns wZqVpxe.png somewhat recovered gQAlgSZ.png an - restrictive

cw: DISGUSTING

gw: 110

my accountability thread ⟶ dhXGOT9.png

#27 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2917 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:37 PM

From my experience with the wobbliness and blurry eyes at 200cal daily intake, you're entering the damaging your body territory.

Can you reach out to a medical provider to do an electrolyte panel? Or at least find electrolytes to to supplement with? I want your heart to continue beating.

You're at risk for severe dehydration too with so little food intake. I've had hypovolemia a few times when I was consuming ~200cal a day.

I want to list some things that signal you need emergency medical attention.

The symptoms of low blood volume due to dehydration is when you're out of breath from sitting upright or standing but once you lay down it'll subside. This is when you need to go to an emergency department for an IV. If you don't get an IV when this happens you'll go into shock.

Please remember to seek emergency medical care if you experience dizziness and heart palpitations simultaneously. Also please get care if you ever pass out. People lose consciousness and never wake up.

I know it's difficult to increase intake and seek help right now. I won't press because other people have talked about this in this thread.

Take care love. Please take it easy and not put too much strain on your body.

Thankyou for your reply. I’m all honesty? I feel too big for anything bad to happen. I don’t know if ever seek medical help. Even if I passed out. Not that I think I will as I have plenty fat to keep me going.

I really appreciate you replying tho. Thankyou for the concern x
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#28 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2917 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:53 PM

I wanna die. I can’t cope this weight. Why did I ever try recovery. I am so fat. So so fat. I keep grabbing it. It’s overwhelming.

I dunno how to even manage work being so big. Ppl must see how big I got.

I just wanna die. I’m so upset
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#29 Shellsnswans

Shellsnswans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:19 PM

Going back 16/17 years ago I used to fast days at a time, numerous times a month, all the while restricting my intake like crazy. Never really got any warning signs, other than the odd headache and brain fog. Fast forward to the present. I have hypothyroidism which makes controlling my weight harder. I have low bone density and probably other stuff that’s not come to the surface. Don’t just be concerned about the physical either. Years of mental health issues, the wasted opportunities and life events missed. The hurt caused to my family, friends, people who didn’t deserve it. That’s the worse damage.
If I could go back I’d high restrict all the way. I believe it to be the least destructive and stressful to the body, mind and relationships. Yeah I feel guilty sometimes for eating but remind myself daily I will still get to where I want and probably not that much slower in the long run.

#30 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 7372 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:05 AM

I was so much better when I was small.
Aren’t I too big for problems now? I feel like I am. Like I’m just burning fat and that’s what these symptoms are?

no way it can occur at any weight. it happened to me at a much higher weight.

33. f. uk

dx: bulimia

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter 

#31 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2917 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:14 AM

no way it can occur at any weight. it happened to me at a much higher weight.

Really? Hoping there isn’t anything wrong. Tbh tho not that I’d seek advice etc from a doc. Don’t wanna stop this. Don’t think I could really.

Ru ok now?
5’7
Relapse sw 182
Cw 171
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#32 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 7372 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:20 AM

Really? Hoping there isn’t anything wrong. Tbh tho not that I’d seek advice etc from a doc. Don’t wanna stop this. Don’t think I could really.

Ru ok now?

same here I hate seeing doctors but I'm old now and all the stuff I've done over the years is catching up to me and kind of being forced into treatment. definitely take care of yourself in the best way you are able to prevent this.. even if you can't increase your intake make sure to stay hydrated and eat nutritious food and take supplements. it isn't worth the damage as even though you may not care now you may find yourself in a situation wherein something is actually good in your life and worth living for. but by that time your body can be so messed up that it's too late to fix and you wish you took better care of yourself back then. but I know everyone is going through this alone and unfortunately we all need to have our own experiences to learn these things.

• Skinnyminnie1984isback likes this

33. f. uk

dx: bulimia

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users