Did anyone get to a really low BMI with restriction? (ik it sounds dumb BUT bear with me pls) - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Did anyone get to a really low BMI with restriction? (ik it sounds dumb BUT bear with me pls)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lithesome

lithesome

Certified Diet Coke Addict™

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4833 posts
  • Locationa shitty post-communist country in europe

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:40 PM

Aka how the hell do I cope with eating when I just wanna starve myself into oblivion.

First off, I know my question sounds ridiculous. Like, duh, you lose weight restricting.

When my ED got really bad, I lost weight by restricting very lowly. Throw in a few binge episodes, more restriction, fasting, reactive eating, fasting for a whole month, reactive eating for a couple of weeks, fasting for a couple of weeks, boom, BMI 12. Faux recovery, boom, BMI 17.

I just desperately want to restrict myself back to my lowest, I'm sick of fasting, but at the same time I feel like that's the only way I can do it. I mean, eat somewhat nutritiously, or rather eat at all, and get to such a low BMI? Sounds sketchy. What if I fucked my body beyond repair and now the only way I can get there is by fasting?

I'm currently restricting and I like it but I hate it. I like that I get to taste stuff and get some nutrients in, but I hate how it makes me feel full and I hate how, at the end of the day, I think to myself "damn, I really could have fasted today instead of eating". But again, I can't go back to prolonged fasting. Especially since now I seem to be stuck in a black-and-white state of mind and even chewing sugar free gum during a fast makes me feel like I broke it, therefore I might as well spend the rest of the day stuffing my face full of foods I deprived myself of.

I'm also really scared of weight fluctuations and plateaus, I can't remember how to deal with those. At least with fasting it was straight to the point, it's only a downward slope.

I feel. very StuUUuuUUuuck.

DOES ANY OF THIS EVEN MAKE SENSE I'M SORRY.

IT'S THE SUGAR I SWEAR.

tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif bodychecks | 40-day fast ✓ | accountability tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif

tumblr_o3lnfswVgH1twgsxao1_400.gif

hbmi: 17 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif lbmi: 12 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif gbmi: 11

#2 impmon

impmon

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11895 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:46 PM

bmi 28 to 12s with just restricting and walking.

5'3 / bmi 12.whatever / hikikomori

pls no bullytwitter / fat fucking ego / babble

3d1a3182d51b36604412d8a47938c9e4e7999ffb

if i'm ever mean, i'm just schizoid and don't know how to communicate. call me out.

#3 morningbird

morningbird

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:52 PM

i mean i guess, never ate below 600 a day and have been at bmi between 12-14 i guess for like 7 months now (including a period of forced IP refeeding over the summer)

i never fasted since last october i guess
Finally back from the hospital and idk just trying never to have to go in there again

#4 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1914 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:57 PM

Aka how the hell do I cope with eating when I just wanna starve myself into oblivion.

First off, I know my question sounds ridiculous. Like, duh, you lose weight restricting.

When my ED got really bad, I lost weight by restricting very lowly. Throw in a few binge episodes, more restriction, fasting, reactive eating, fasting for a whole month, reactive eating for a couple of weeks, fasting for a couple of weeks, boom, BMI 12. Faux recovery, boom, BMI 17.

I just desperately want to restrict myself back to my lowest, I'm sick of fasting, but at the same time I feel like that's the only way I can do it. I mean, eat somewhat nutritiously, or rather eat at all, and get to such a low BMI? Sounds sketchy. What if I fucked my body beyond repair and now the only way I can get there is by fasting?

I'm currently restricting and I like it but I hate it. I like that I get to taste stuff and get some nutrients in, but I hate how it makes me feel full and I hate how, at the end of the day, I think to myself "damn, I really could have fasted today instead of eating". But again, I can't go back to prolonged fasting. Especially since now I seem to be stuck in a black-and-white state of mind and even chewing sugar free gum during a fast makes me feel like I broke it, therefore I might as well spend the rest of the day stuffing my face full of foods I deprived myself of.

I'm also really scared of weight fluctuations and plateaus, I can't remember how to deal with those. At least with fasting it was straight to the point, it's only a downward slope.

IT'S THE SUGAR I SWEAR.

Its not the sugar i think the same way especially when i get lower. But you can eat and lose weight. I really want to fast like ive done in the past to but this time i have to many people watching me. I really dont know what to say (i cant think right now) but i feel your pain.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#5 Irreverent Parrot

Irreverent Parrot

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 3273 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 16 September 2021 - 02:33 PM

BMIs circa 15 and below are considered immediate risk to life ie you could drop dead any time.  Just because some people here haven't (yet) doesn't mean much as we never hear back from the many who did in fact die.

• greeres, ekkiana, NotatoHead and 1 other like this

#6 abymac

abymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:46 PM

IT'S THE SUGAR I SWEAR.

***but I hate how it makes me feel full and I hate how, at the end of the day, I think to myself "damn, I really could have fasted today instead of eating***

I understand this feeling so much.  I live by myself and fast A LOT.  Anytime I allow myself food, even if it's <100 cal, I spend the rest of the night berating myself that I really could have gone without that and wondering if that 100cal is going to completely derail my weight loss.  I mean, logically I know it's mad, but I just can't stop it.

#7 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4488 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:44 AM

@abymac I am the same way. I live with just my daughter and she seems to be oblivious in her own world sooo doesn't really catch it plus I am good at making it look like I eat or sound like or something like that...
But yeah so can also empathize
I feel all the time that my body is so messed up that fasting the only way it'll drop even with the gazillion steps I take I can be so illogical and logical at the same time

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  • ekkiana likes this

#8 ekkiana

ekkiana

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2321 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:55 AM

I’ve gotten to my lowest twice in my life, the first time was via medium restriction (around 800-1000 calories a day) over about a 4 month period with minimal exercise. The second time I fasted for basically two months (I technically had two apples, half an ensure and a glucose injection, plus phosphate and a bunch of minerals and vitamins) and literally lay on the couch all day everyday.

The difference for me was the fasting led to intense reactive eating/bingeing whilst the medium restriction I never binged.

I know you’re going to feel guilty but try to remind yourself that as long as you’re in a deficit you WILL lose, and that fasting is not the best way to SUSTAINABLY lose weight and keep it off. (At least in my case).

You’re okay, you’re going to be okay xx (also you’re still REALLY SKINNY)
Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
SW: 73.5kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
CW: 66.2kg (BMI 22.9) - Healthy Weight
GW 1: 66kg (BMI 22.8) - Healthy Weight

GW 2: 60kg (BMI 20.8) - Healthy Weight

GW 3: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight

GW 4: 50kg (BMI 17) - Underweight

GW 5: 44kg (BMI 15) - Underweight

LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Underweight
UGW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)<p>
UGW 2: 30kg (BMI 10.4) - Underweight (Will never get here, it's too low, I'd die I think, but hm I wish I could say I'd made it to BMI 10, so fucked up)

#9 Pax~Immorte

Pax~Immorte

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCanuck 🍁

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:12 AM

I stick to high restriction and walking for exercise otherwise the hunger is just too much and losing weight too quickly always lands me in IP lately. The older I get, the harder it is to remain at home so I do my best to use harm reduction since I don’t see myself living without this illness even though I fight hard every day to make incremental changes. It’s the shame of it all that fuels the downwards spiral so I try not to let it drag me down.
I am learning that patience and perseverance pay off, that’s for damn sure! One of these days I’ll find something other than my body and food to channel those qualities towards
  • D.n.A likes this

#10 Jae_123

Jae_123

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

I got to my lowest ever weight (BMI 12.5) restricting around 800kcal a day. Didn't do much exercise as I was mostly too tired/weak but I did some walking.

Anorexia Nervosa
Bipolar Disorder

Current weight 61.2kg
Lowest weight 36.8kg (BMI 12.5)

71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60 59 58 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50 49 48 47 46 45

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users