What lesson(s) did you learn from your last binge? - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What lesson(s) did you learn from your last binge?

binge BED self-reflection

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Gobblegobble

Gobblegobble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:54 AM

Thought I might encourage others here to take part in a little self-reflection, especially if you're feeling dreadful and want to physically (and emotionally) detach yourself from your stomach.

I'll go first - and feel free to share however little or as much as you want  :wub:

Tonight's binge:

• 1 salted caramel protein bar
  • 3 chocolate brownies
  • 1 large glazed strawberry donut
  • 2 kitkat fingers

Trigger:

• An unassuming oat cookie that turned out to be much more 'gigantic' than it looked in the cafe's display cabinet. 

Lessons learned:

1. Throw out junk food as soon as you don't feel like having it anymore (i.e. don't hide it in your closet), otherwise you might just find it when you're most vulnerable. 
  2. Let yourself have the damn oat cookie and be satisfied with it. It's not the end of the world until you think it is. 
  3. The only that gets you from A to B(inge) is your own self-sabotaging mindset. Learn to be kind and forgive yourself a little. 

• D.n.A, penguín, Wilo and 4 others like this

#2 Melancholic Doll

Melancholic Doll

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts
  • LocationTwilight Town

Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:41 PM

My countless binges have taught me that, as long as I don't buy food, I can't eat it. 

It sucked A LOT when I was still living with my parents but now I'm on my own in a campus, which is pretty neat. There's not a dessert in sight in my room, except for my roomie's, but I sure as hell can't touch her shit, BED or not.

Living alone also showed me just how much it depends on my mindset: I was in a bit of a mess while moving out for a variety of reasons, and buying junk food was the most comfortable option cause I didn't have to cook it and whatnot. It's so easy to let go once you get down because of one fuck-up, but ya gotta learn that one relaxed day is not ruining your progress. The 3 month long binge that follows it is what does.

• D.n.A, mashunya, Wilo and 3 others like this

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  Accountability  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

The story so far:

145 144 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130

129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120

119 118 117 116 155 114 113 112 111 110

109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

tumblr_8f925fa7f2e5d759bbca900e98bf19e8_

#3 Bigdaddy’spizza

Bigdaddy’spizza

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1879 posts
  • LocationTrash Town USA ,Home Of Bullshit

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:49 PM

I need to spend as much time working and staying out of the house as possible so I wont feel the need to eat

• douchygabbana likes this

Formally known as Iliveadoublelifesorry

But I don't live a double life anymore. This is my life. This is me.

My safe place https://www.myproana...-its-fall-btch/

Cw 128.6
Hw (that I know of) 155
Lw (that I low of ) 126.3
Gw 115 by birthday or I die :)
Ugw 110 for now
❤️🎈
weight loss rewards:   A NEW LIFE
958f2ac890441413e6e4ba90a50826a9.gif

#4 8stoneforever

8stoneforever

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 08:15 AM

for the past week I have been isolating (bc of corona) and I thought it would be a great way to restrict however I was bought lots of snacks from my mum and it just didnt end up how I planned it to. but today I have been allowed to come out of isolation and I was told a few hours after my mum came back from the weekly shop and after this shop (every friday) I let myself eat whatever I want and essentially binge. today was different. I went into the kitchen after a week of not being able to and looked in all the cupboards and saw all my binge foods ready to eat yet I didnt want any of them at all. the lesson I have learnt from basically binging all week is that I never actually want any of my 'binge foods' I just eat them so I have nothing to eat later on however Ive realised that the food is fine just staying in the cupboard and that it doesn't have to be eaten the second its bought and that someone else will probably eat it instead of me, and that is fine and normal!

• ephemeryl likes this

#5 skinnyhoe

skinnyhoe

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3901 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:47 PM

i want no sugar :D

• Shug likes this
🍉🍏🍋🥗🧊🌰

#6 Endlesspit

Endlesspit

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:31 PM

Bingeing makes it impossible for me to focus or study and shit I'd regret ruining my future because of this stupid eating disorder( i feel like it's willing to eat the damn copybook)
  • Falling_leaves and duvetne like this

#7 Bigdaddy’spizza

Bigdaddy’spizza

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1879 posts
  • LocationTrash Town USA ,Home Of Bullshit

Posted 02 October 2021 - 11:00 PM

DON"T FUCKING BRING CHIPS INTO THE HOUSE EVER

• strgzng likes this

Formally known as Iliveadoublelifesorry

But I don't live a double life anymore. This is my life. This is me.

My safe place https://www.myproana...-its-fall-btch/

Cw 128.6
Hw (that I know of) 155
Lw (that I low of ) 126.3
Gw 115 by birthday or I die :)
Ugw 110 for now
❤️🎈
weight loss rewards:   A NEW LIFE
958f2ac890441413e6e4ba90a50826a9.gif

#8 zombiehands

zombiehands

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 12:16 AM

Never buy marshmallows. Never let bf buy marshmallows. Never touch a marshmallow never go near a god damned marshmallow.

• subaudible and duvetne like this

19 y/o

5'11"
eSz3Pc.gifBMI 17.3CxlZWX.gif

tumblr_inline_o0rtqu4kYg1tk0kew_500.gif

NRahtf.gif

hXqZEN.gif
tumblr_inline_mfx1xu4xi71rd20bk.gif

#9 𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪

𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2250 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 11:23 AM

FUCK CARBS FUCK CARBS FUCK CARBS. Since I started keto years ago I developed a carb fear because they trigger me binges! FUCK  CARBS I DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE. 

I know carbs won't make you gain and it's all mostly cico, but I tried many times to introduce them on my diet yet they always trigger me overeating and binging.

I won't ever ever ever ever eat them again or until i get my UGW. FUCK YOU CARBS. FUCK YOU. GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FUCK YOU DIE. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

When I'm on keto I feel in control and got my LW being on it. Was so boney and muscular but now this fucking month I had a whole binge month on carbsssssssssssssss for trying to fit them in my diet because I know they won't make me fat, but they are just not for me. I'm carb phobic. FUCK YOU

• ephemeryl and Shug like this

tumblr_o4pzmaLQnG1vpqis4o1_500.gif

#10 Hades

Hades

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

If my B.A.C. spikes, I'm probably gonna end up binging.

Also, always keep snack foods completely out of sight and have enough regular food readily available.
  • zombiehands likes this

HT: 5'7

HW: 190.0 lbs.

SW: 175.0 lbs. 

CW: 134.9 

GW1: 140.0 lbs./GW2:  135.0 lbs./GW3: 130.0 lbs./GW4: 125.0 lbs./GW5: 120.0 lbs.

UGW: 120.0 lbs. (Maybe I'll decide on lower...won't know until I get there.)

#11 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:42 PM

That I can't be trusted

I'm staying at a friend's house while she's on hols

At midnight  (yep after eating a decent amount of nice food for dinner)  I ate the last of her cereal.  It wasn't a normal blow out binge for me, but fuk, now I'm gonna have to make a 1.5hr round trip tmrw to replace it at a VERY expensive shop, coz she lives so remotely

Serves me right

Functioning dysfunctionally

#12 désolée

désolée

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:44 PM

French fries... just... don't even bother.

#13 dicehatestealth

dicehatestealth

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:46 PM

i learnt that supermarkets are my biggest trigger so i need to eat before going there in order to not buy binge food.

#14 something_of_an_aimless

something_of_an_aimless

MPA’s Granola Wizard

• Accountability access
  • 2058 posts
  • LocationThe End of My Rope - (they/them)

Posted 03 October 2021 - 07:27 PM

That having a last 'hurrah' before started a calorie challenge makes restricting a whole lot harder and is not worth it

• zombiehands and Shug like this

~American | Hufflepuff | INFP | 9w1 | They/Them | Pisces~

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stats/Diagnoses/Weight-Loss:

Spoiler

"Taking your own life. Interesting expression. Taking it from who? Once it's over, it's not you who'll miss it."

~Sherlock, BBC Sherlock Holmes

"I begin to assemble what weapons I can find, 'cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind."

~Migraine, twenty one pilots

"I was once told that the love I felt beating inside my chest was nothing more than my mind playing an unfair trick on my heart.

And like a pair of dice dancing along the uneven pavement, their fate, much like yours or mine, had already been decided." ~Find Me, Forest Blakk

"Of course I'll be here again, see you tomorrow, but it's the end of today,
End of my ways as a walking denial
My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case." ~Addict With a Pen, twenty one pilots

#15 Savethepandas

Savethepandas

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 03 October 2021 - 09:04 PM

If I touch fruit or runs in to 6 apples four pears six oranges and 4 kiwis later
In a span of an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

currently 162cm & 35kg, 

#16 Elkzieez

Elkzieez

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 11:50 PM

FUCK CARBS FUCK CARBS FUCK CARBS. Since I started keto years ago I developed a carb fear because they trigger me binges! FUCK CARBS I DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE.

I know carbs won't make you gain and it's all mostly cico, but I tried many times to introduce them on my diet yet they always trigger me overeating and binging.

I won't ever ever ever ever eat them again or until i get my UGW. FUCK YOU CARBS. FUCK YOU. GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FUCK YOU DIE. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

When I'm on keto I feel in control and got my LW being on it. Was so boney and muscular but now this fucking month I had a whole binge month on carbsssssssssssssss for trying to fit them in my diet because I know they won't make me fat, but they are just not for me. I'm carb phobic. FUCK YOU

I feel literally the same. I’m on keto to and it’s the only way I lose weight consistently and I can control myself from craving everything I see!
  • 𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪 likes this

#17 𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪

𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2250 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:54 AM

I feel literally the same. I’m on keto to and it’s the only way I lose weight consistently and I can control myself from craving everything I see!

Same, I lose so fast on it and it makes me feel in control. I went off because: i live in a big family and they eat carb based meals. (pasta everyday and pizza once a week because we are italian) I wanted to try to fit them in my diet but I binge on them, especially on bread... so no. Like I love eating healthy keto and my supermarket has a protein bread which has 3grams of carbs 1 slice of 50g which is enough for the day. So yeah, love keto!

tumblr_o4pzmaLQnG1vpqis4o1_500.gif

#18 DeeLoaf

DeeLoaf

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:39 PM

I shouldn't eat anything else than what i have planned because if i do i binge

#19 astronomy

astronomy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:15 AM

That high restriction sucks as hell. I have no control over what I eat even if it is within the limit, whereas low restriction makes everything more clear and I know the exact things that I ate. So I'm done for today, tomorrow back to low restriction 🦭 I've literally ate 2.600 calories, rip me fr 💀
  • branlew likes this

"Let the pain make you become better"

hw 147 lbs

cw 128 lbs

ugw 92 lbs

got same name on EDC website 

#20 stargerber

stargerber

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:33 AM

Stop convincing yourself that you will just have a taste or you can purge it back up so it doesnt matter. trying new foods doesnt matter. why do you care so much. 

Hi Hi C:
112, 111, 110, 109, 108, 107, 106, 105, 104, 103, 102, 101, 100,

99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90,
89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 80,
79, 78, 77, 76, 75, 74, 73, 72, 71, 70.

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

BMI 16. 2

Height 5'2"

I'm Just Killing Time.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binge, BED, self-reflection

0 user(s) are reading this topic