IU until I lose 20lbs ! - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

IU until I lose 20lbs !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ddwishy

Ddwishy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:12 PM

I've been doing rolling extended fasts for the past three weeks, but people are getting worried about my eating habits so I figured I should do something that actually involves food. I've lost quite a bit already but I am going to a festival next weekend and then a trip back home and I want to be at least 117lbs by then. Fasting is great, but there's a higher risk of a binge and I don't have time for that. I will be following the IU diet. 1 apple in the morning, 1 sweet potato in the afternoon, and 1 protein shake at night. 

Through fasting, I got down to 122, but I binged and rebounded all the way to where I am now. It ends today.

I have 9 days until I leave for my trip. From what I've seen online, people are averaging about 1kg(2.2lbs) loss per day (with exercise) so hopefully I'll get very close to my GW1. I saw some people with my stats lose 10lbs in one week! I rock climb 5x per week and work an active job on my feet so I'm hopeful that this will get me where I need to be. 

I'll post here daily with updates. Let me know if you want to join me!! 

I will take a break while I'm on my trip and just eat low-cal, but I will get back on it as soon as I return! I won't have too much left to lose if I do it correctly. 

• akyre likes this

Height: 5'5

SW: 135

CW: 126.2

GW1: 120

GW2: 115

GW3: 104

UGW: 92

#2 Ddwishy

Ddwishy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:13 PM

Day 1 done. 

morning weigh-in: 128lbs :/

That number is repulsive. I can't believe I'm back up to this point. Part of me knows I'm supposed to start my period soon and my body likes to bloat and hold on to every single cal right before I start, but it still makes me feel absolutely disgusting. 

I weighed my apple and sweet potato, and total intake for the day came out to around 500cal. I didn't go to the gym today because I worked out too hard yesterday and my everything is still sore, but I will be going tomorrow morning. To be honest, I really like this diet. I had cold brew in the morning for some energy and I wasn't even starving when I ate my apple around 12p. The sweet potato wasn't terrible either, but I kind of wish it was just a regular potato. I could do without the extra sugar. My protein shake at night was lovely and I'm grateful for the protein and extra liquids. 

I might change the sweet potato to a regular potato after tomorrow. It's lower cal and less sweet. Do any of yall think that's cheating? 

#3 Ddwishy

Ddwishy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:36 PM

Day 2 done. 

SW: 128

Day 1: 125.4

I was pleasantly surprised this morning at my weight. I'm guessing all of the water weight from my previous binge melted off. 

I went to the gym this morning and felt kind of sluggish. Still had a good session though! I ate the apple around 11a and then the sweet potato around 5p, with a cold brew in the middle. I was on track to end my day with the protein shake and had no issues with cravings or anything, but I came home and my roommates had all cooked a dinner and wanted to eat together. I was really upset, but I didn't want them thinking anything especially because they'd made comments last week about how I have zero groceries in the house and were getting suspicious so I joined them. We had rice and a veggie/lentil curry thing and cookies. I made myself a small plate of the rice and lentils and chose the smallest cookie, then only ate half. Still peeved but whatever. I'm just hoping I don't gain from it. I won't have the protein drink tonight because I already ate.

fingers crossed for tomorrow. maybe I'll just fast. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users