OMAD + 800kcal accountability - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

OMAD + 800kcal accountability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vilanculos

Vilanculos

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Locationhell, probably

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:31 AM

Introduction

Hi, I'm Em and I'm attempting yet another diet in hopes of getting closer to my goal weight.
I've done this diet a couple years ago and lost about 16 kgs/ 35 lbs in 1,5 months. Back then, I didn't worry too much about 

what types of food I ate, as long as I stuck to my calorie limit and fasting goals, and I'd eat anything I wanted, while still losing weight.

A lot of shit has gone down since then, and I went from 60 kgs/132 lbs and then I binged my way up to almost 90 kgs / 200 lbs.

So what is the diet?

OMAD, or One Meal A Day. This means fasting for 23 hours every day, leaving me with 1 hour to eat.
I'm also incorporating a 800-kcal limit, to ensure that I definitely will see the results that I need to see.

This time I'm hoping for another success.

But this time around I'm gonna focus on mostly eating healthy foods and hopefully see if that's gonna make any difference. 

I'm only going to be weighing myself once a week, just to keep myself motivated. 
I'm also going to be using my food scale so I can accurately measure my calorie intake.

- starting weight, 88.8 kg / 195 lbs

* I actually started this diet on September 20th and I'm currently on day 6 of this diet.
I did write down my progress in my journal but didn't think to write it here until now. 

Anyway, here's how week 1 has been.

Week 1)

Monday (20.09)

I fasted for 21 hours, when I decided to break my fast since I didn't want to end up eating my meal too late in the evening. 
This was just to make it easier to fast for longer and still eat relatively early in the evening.
I bought some watermelon, as well as 2 muesli bars, and a couple slices of rye bread.

124g watermelon = 37 kcal

150g rye bread = 291 kcal

banana/chocolate muesli bar = 219 kcal

hemp/dark chocolate muesli bar = 174 kcal

Total kcal intake: 721 

Tuesday (21.09)

today I've been at work all day, so it was pretty easy to stick to my fasting.

I managed to fast for 24 hours, so I'm pretty happy with that. 
I did make myself a huge salad at work (526 calories) but I ended up barely touching it.

instead I ate some apple slices, 2 fig bars, 2 baby bel cheeses and another muesli bar. So today has been yet another success.

I'm gonna have to estimate the calories a little bit today since I did eat a tiny amount of the salad but I couldn't really accurately measure how many calories. I didn't put any dressing or anything in it. I also drank half an ice coffee.

2 fig bars = 120 kcal

2 baby bel = 140 kcal

muesli bar = 212 kcal

ice coffee = 93 kcal

= 693 kcal.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that with the amount of salad I ate, I'm definitely ending the day at around 800 calories.

Total kcal intake: 800 

Wednesday (22.09)

I ended the day with a 23-hour fast. 
I stuck to eating 3 fig bars, 3 baby bel, another muesli bar and some more apple slices.

I don't have much to say about today, other than I think I'm doing pretty great so far. 
I'm definitely not struggling as much as I thought I would. 

3 fig bars = 180 kcal

3 baby bel = 280 kcal

muesli bar = 212 kcal

143g apple = 126 kcal

Total kcal intake: 798 

Thursday (23.09)

Honestly, I haven't really felt hungry at all today, and I kinda had to force myself to eat. 
Ive found that if I tend to not eat anything, I'm much more likely to binge which is why I think this diet works so well for me because I still get to eat and restrict at the same time, which means I'm much less likely to binge or go over my calorie limit.
I bought some black oats/overnight oats at 7-eleven as well as a raspberry/protein skyr.

I usually love to eat these but I literally had to shove it into my mouth and swallow quickly because I got so nauseous just thinking about eating.
In the end, it all went down and I ended another successful day. 

black oats: 394 kcal

protein skyr: 315 kcal

Total kcal intake: 709 

Friday (24.09)

Today has been alright. I still don't feel like I'm struggling too much, the only things I've noticed is that I dont really feel hungry or get cravings and I sort of feel like I have to force myself to eat. I feel like I need to push through the nausea and just keep eating my daily calories. 
I know that once I stop eating completely, I'm most likely just going to binge and I really want to just keep going like this and hopefully I won't binge anytime soon. I'm still fasting for 23 hours, and it's honestly not even as hard as I thought it would be.

The other thing is that I did feel kinda dizzy earlier at work, but it wasn't like I was going to pass out and I just pushed through it.

I bought some low calorie ice cream (kinda similar to halo top) which I was planning on eating today, but I gave half to my bf and decided to just save the other half for tomorrow.

6 baby bel = 420 kcal

muesli bar = 212 kcal

89g banana = 79 kcal

fig bar = 65 kcal

sugar free red bull = 9 kcal

Total kcal intake: 785 kcal

Saturday (25.09) 

So today I'm still gonna fast for 23 hours, but I've been contemplating what to eat since I still dont really feel that hungry.
In the end I decided that I'm gonna make myself an omelette, as well as some cauliflower and broccoli, and then I'll eat the other half of the ice cream as well. 

300g broccoli = 102 kcal

300g cauliflower = 75 kcal

200g egg = 294 kcal

50ml milk = 47 kcal

ice cream = 146 kcal

total kcal intake: 664 kcal

85 kg // 187 lbs
82 kg // 180 lbs
80 kg // 176 lbs
78 kg // 172 lbs
75 kg // 165 lbs
72 kg // 159 lbs
70 kg // 154 lbs
68 kg // 150 lbs
65 kg // 143 lbs
62 kg // 137 lbs
60 kg // 132 lbs

58 kg // 127 lbs  

55 kg // 121 lbs

52 kg // 114 lbs 

50 kg // 110 lbs

Total weight loss goal: 35 kg // 77 lbs

#2 skxletontwins

skxletontwins

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:57 AM

It’s kinda scary how similar our weight story is lmao. I also lost 16kg in like 3 months, was down to 59kg and am now back at 90kg doing OMAD. Good luck to you!

Binges since diet start (20.9.21): 3

Accountability:

https://www.myproana...lity-87kg-68kg/

#3 Vilanculos

Vilanculos

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Locationhell, probably

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:17 AM

well I'm glad I'm not the only one! And thanks, I'm hoping I'll be just as successful as last time I did this. Good luck to you too!

85 kg // 187 lbs
82 kg // 180 lbs
80 kg // 176 lbs
78 kg // 172 lbs
75 kg // 165 lbs
72 kg // 159 lbs
70 kg // 154 lbs
68 kg // 150 lbs
65 kg // 143 lbs
62 kg // 137 lbs
60 kg // 132 lbs

58 kg // 127 lbs