I feel like food is the only colour in my life - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I feel like food is the only colour in my life

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud.sse

Cloud.sse

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:30 PM

I hate the concept of food, I hate binging I hate even just watching others eat.
But when I'm not eating everything just is grey and flat. It doesnt matter if I'm out with friends or sat alone or what weight I'm at or how sick I already feel I always want to binge because it's the only thing that makes me feel something and feel alive.
Has anyone else experienced this?? How do you get over it?? I'm desperate to stop this cycle and lose weight it is getting really dangerous for me mentally like I need to stop.but I cant because otherwise everything just feels even more dead than it does already
  • 𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱, Duplo, katzecat and 6 others like this

#2 Nyri

Nyri

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5186 posts
  • Location⋆ ⁺₊ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ⁺₊ ⋆

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

Read this, it explains it in a clear manner, and you can research into this a bit more with google articles and medical journals / neuroscience magazines etc:

https://www.scienced...70828102719.htm

#3 50k

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:52 PM

I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better soon and things get better for you 

#4 tenshi.xoxo

tenshi.xoxo

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:57 PM

Im so sorry you're going through this. I went through a similar phase this summer, and honestly the only thing that got me out of it was getting more depressed and anxious, and it affecting my appetite. There's light at the end of the tunnel. Take it one day at a time. I found when I was in this phase focusing on weight-loss just made everything worse, so I say try to fix the binges and if you're just maintaining that's a win, too. I know this probably isn't the answer you wanted, but it's all I know. Things will get better!
  • Dollhouse Cat likes this

tumblr_inline_n1oq6yMHDY1s90mb3.gif

6 pounds down, 14 to go til gw:1

#5 ekkiana

ekkiana

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2661 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 08:48 PM

Same :(

Good luck to you <3

Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
SW: 73.5kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
CW: 66.7kg (BMI 23.1) - Healthy Weight
GW 1: 63kg (BMI 21.8) - Healthy Weight
GW 2: 60kg (BMI 20.8) - Healthy Weight
GW 3: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight
GW 4: 50kg (BMI 17) - Underweight
GW 5: 44kg (BMI 15) - Underweight
LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Underweight
UGW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)
UGW 2: 30kg (BMI 10.4) - Underweight (Will never get here, it's too low, I'd die I think, but hm I wish I could say I'd made it to BMI 10, so fucked up)

#6 Tanha

Tanha

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1004 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:19 PM

"The present results suggest that overeating may continuously overstimulate the opioid system," is it like cocaine where one is chemically unable to feel pleasure after the high I wonder?

Cluster:https://www.myproana...113165-relapse/

BulimiaRecovery: https://www.myproana...a#entry69267955

Please click my squee baby dragons/eggs

YJ75C.gif

#7 Bigdaddy’spizza

Bigdaddy’spizza

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationTrash Town USA ,Home Of Bullshit

Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:26 PM

FELT. Food is my only friend..

Formally known as Iliveadoublelifesorry

But I don't live a double life anymore. This is my life. This is me.

My safe place https://www.myproana...-its-fall-btch/

Cw 128.6
Hw (that I know of) 155
Lw (that I low of ) 126.3
Gw 115 by HALLOWEEN
Ugw 110 for now
❤️🎈
weight loss rewards:
   A NEW LIFE

9c0b731671258a2d55d4406b3ebed3e5.gif

#8 peckii

peckii

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:31 PM

i feel exactly the same. i want to be skinny more than anything but im so miserable 24/7 and food is the only thing that takes the pain away temporarily

• Duplo, pumpkin seed and FattyMcRib like this

leftpinklacenroseplz.gif?2pinklacenroseplz.gif?1pinklacenroseplz.gif?1pinklacenroseplz.gif?1righpinklacenroseplz.gif?1

losing it

sprouts_divider_by_kawiko-d68b51e.png?w=

#9 𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱

𝓎𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔱

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10636 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:05 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I always find myself wondering how people can just relax and do something without thinking about food or wanting to eat nonstop because that's all I want to do all the time.

I'm still working on this myself so unfortunately I can't tell you how to fix this but I'm attempting to focus on all the things I'd gain if I stopped binging and that's the only thing that has stopped me sometimes. 

• Duplo, pumpkin seed and Raisy~ like this

fa71f8ac5b172a6d0f103c4c6da40ff4c026965b

#10 SadieV

SadieV

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 09:16 AM

Perhaps it would help to find a new hobby you enjoy. Or get a pet. I recently took up roller skating. It's not cure, but it helps sometimes, and that's better than nothing.

SW: 195  |  CW: 193 | GW: 120

#11 theLastDrop

theLastDrop

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:49 PM

something that helps me sometimes is picturing the food in black and white, i think i saw a thread about that on here a while back.  like, i'm always seeing these stupid posts about food on my fb, delicious and tempting looking stuff that could def trigger a binge for me if i let them but like... idk after seeing that post on here about picturing the food in black and white, i think back to that and that's what i do now when those other kinds of posts on sites like fb etc. get to me.  with color pictures those tempting- looking foods might seem so amazing and even get me salivating when im already quite hungry, but then i stop and think well a lot of that sensory activating type stuff in those images is really just the colors mostly (at least that's how it is for me anyway.)  and when i re- imagine the foods in black and white they lose pretty much all of their appeal and they all just look and seem like one big grey pile of blah.  and then it's all just like black and white and grey and boring, and reminds me that at the end of the day pretty much everything in life is all just pending to become dust and ashes anyway lol hip hip hoo-ray yay...

idk i guess maybe that's just for like pics of food and stuff and it can be so much harder when you're around real actual food that you can smell and touch and stuff in person haha but still the mental imagery of it being in black and white can also be applied to those more tangible type food stuffs in person too if you will your brain to do it hard enough lol

• Duplo and Tempurrance like this

5'5

HW:  137  (130?  134?  it's a deep dark abyss that I try to block out mostly lol)

LW:  107  (109 post-puberty- July 2018, Spring 2020 and early Summer 2021)

CW: ~120

GW1:  115

GW2:  112

GW3:  107

UGW:  105 lbs.  :wub:

_____FAT AND SLOW OR LEAN AND FAST-----

Why be fat and depressed when you can just be depressed?

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

The demands of daily life far exceed my motivation and capabilities of meeting them.

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~* Seeking solace and comfort in this toxic land of sin~

#12 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3430 posts
  • LocationGeordieland, UK

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:32 AM

Read this, it explains it in a clear manner, and you can research into this a bit more with google articles and medical journals / neuroscience magazines etc:

https://www.scienced...70828102719.htm

But does that explain why he feels that "everything just is grey and flat" when he's not eating?

I'd like to know why that happens because I feel the same on a daily basis.

Height: 5ft (short AF)
CW: Denial (fat AF)

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

813befeb7661a56e94fa9627fbf5c144.gif

tiny-pinterest-logo.png http://pinterest.co.uk/PusheenLovesLife

#13 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3430 posts
  • LocationGeordieland, UK

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:36 AM

"The present results suggest that overeating may continuously overstimulate the opioid system," is it like cocaine where one is chemically unable to feel pleasure after the high I wonder?

Interesting. Maybe the only way out is to re-set the system, to completely detox [from binging] for a prolonged length of time, akin to an alcoholic in rehab. But how long it takes to reset the system is anyone's guess! I'm still feeling like the OP and I'm 157 days binge free :/

• NLP likes this
Height: 5ft (short AF)
CW: Denial (fat AF)

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

813befeb7661a56e94fa9627fbf5c144.gif

tiny-pinterest-logo.png http://pinterest.co.uk/PusheenLovesLife

#14 Shr1nkm3

Shr1nkm3

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 11:49 PM

You’re not alone

I feel you 💯 %
  • fragilehandlewithcare likes this

#15 Shr1nkm3

Shr1nkm3

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 11:50 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I always find myself wondering how people can just relax and do something without thinking about food or wanting to eat nonstop because that's all I want to do all the time.

I'm still working on this myself so unfortunately I can't tell you how to fix this but I'm attempting to focus on all the things I'd gain if I stopped binging and that's the only thing that has stopped me sometimes.

Meee tooooo

My whole exsistence revolves around food.
Ummmphh

#16 frozenwhiteroses

frozenwhiteroses

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:37 PM

I apologize since this isn’t really helpful to you, more like an observation reading your post. But like, eating disorders and drug addictions really are are one and the same. Everything you just said I relate to completely, but just replace the word “food” with opiates. I feel your pain. You’re not alone.
  • NLP and Tempurrance like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users