Latest trigger for your relapse? - Page 4 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Latest trigger for your relapse?

trigger relapse

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#61 proteinbarsbuzzin

proteinbarsbuzzin

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:58 PM

My mom died. When I step eating and lose the weight, my pain is visible and acknowledged.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'm so so sorry. If you want to open up or want somebody to talk to you, you can talk to me <3. I saw that there's a dm here and so if it works, you can send me a message there :)

• MaggieG likes this

#62 proteinbarsbuzzin

proteinbarsbuzzin

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:01 PM

Stress and weight gain. I'm also in the middle of a depressive episode and that's when I lose my appetite. I have also close family members and friends also battling with mental illnesses. Also a big new character opened up in my life and I'm totally panicking over it

• MaggieG likes this

#63 Miss_red_ana

Miss_red_ana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:16 PM

My ex deceided to try to take my son and keep him. Court stuff for a second time and the stressing spiral with my overwelming work. This made me relapse again. I feel as if I have no control over anything. I feel as if my life is a maelström or a movie that I am watching in the background.

I want to be strong but it is so crazy right now. I keep losing weight...
  • MaggieG likes this

I am OBESE :wacko:

I dropped this here so I can be accountable...

Hght: 162cm \ 5'4''
HW: 87.5 kg \ 193 pounds

LW: 55 kg \ 121 pounds

UGW: 45 kg \ 99 pounds

CW: 72.5 kg \ 160 pounds

--------------------------------------
GW1: 80 kg \ 176 pounds

GW2: 75 kg \ 165 pounds

GW3: 70 kg \ 154 pounds

GW4: 65 kg \ 143 pounds

GW5: 60 kg \ 132 pounds

GW6: 55 kg \ 121 pounds

GW7: 50 kg \ 110 pounds

GW8: 45 kg \ 99 pounds

#64 sunflowervol6

sunflowervol6

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2333 posts
  • Locationsaturn

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:35 PM

I called out my mom for abusing me my entire life and she got mad at me and stopped talking to me. i would really only eat at home because she would be on me if I didn’t eat at least once a day. Now she doesn’t talk to me so I’m using that to my advantage and not eating
  • MaggieG likes this
original.gif

#65 garthywoof

garthywoof

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Arizona

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:36 PM

I got sober off alcohol and am meeting someone special for the first time in 2 weeks. Can’t stand the thought of looking like this when he sees me in person the first time.
  • MaggieG likes this

SW/HW @ 22: 186 fat

CW: 147

GW 1: 161

GW 2: 151

GW 3: 141

GW 4: 131

GW 5: 121

LW: 142

<p>He thinks he's so skinny but he's actually not

#66 classyricex

classyricex

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:49 PM

My daughters. I grew up with a very heavy mom. My "friends" would make fun of her right in front of me... I fear I will be the embarrassment to them.. so it kinda hit me hard recently.
  • MaggieG likes this

#67 chunkiana

chunkiana

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:51 PM

Lol m family came over, stressed the FUCK outta me. Plus, I got a sugar daddy and I want him to think I'm pretty.

• MaggieG likes this

#68 Maps1331

Maps1331

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:53 PM

Boyfriend
  • MaggieG likes this

#69 SpongebobZeroPants

SpongebobZeroPants

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1673 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under the sea?

Posted 12 October 2021 - 08:16 PM

Trauma + MPA = near death experience

• MaggieG likes this

I am trying hard to stay medically stable, after having caused permanent multiple organ damage, and losing everything I loved in my life to ED.

Did you know?:

*Female bodies generally require a minimum 1200cal/day; Males, 1800cal/day; just to have basic organ function (can require a lot more if tall and/or athletic).

*800 cal/day or less is considered medical starvation.

*The definition of high restriction is no more than a few hundred cals below TDEE. The definition of low restriction is generally anywhere between your BMR (likely at least 1200 cal/day), and high restriction. So for a person who when healthy has a TDEE of 2000 cal/day, high restriction is about 1600-1950, and low restriction is about 1200-1600. With patience, it is very possible to increase your TDEE so you can eat a lot more without gain.

*Eating less harms metabolism and shuts down systems. Eating more than the bare minimum can make metabolism work faster, and also help you feel way better. Low restriction is not necessary, is counterproductive, often leads to binges, and is super dangerous. It also causes the body to eat muscle and bone faster, which frequently leads to heart failure, osteoporosis, and seizures, among other things.

*The brain requires at least 130g of carbs at minimum, per day, just to function. And that is assuming you're not doing a ton of exercise, or very tall or muscular, or in other ways burning through the stores more quickly. Eating less than that, risks not only your intelligence, but causes more anxiety, BDD, depression, makes it very hard to think clearly and make reasonable decisions (including regarding the ED), and risks your organs failing because the brain is responsible for telling each of them what to do. It can also lead to dizziness, coordination, and speech and language problems. 

*You train your brain how to think, and your body how to act, with repetitive behaviors. Repeating healthy thoughts and behaviors every day makes being healthy get a lot easier. Repeating unhealthy thoughts and behaviors every day, makes getting better a lot harder.

*Malnutrition biologically causes depression, anxiety, and OCD behaviors like ED to get way worse. The brain needs carbs, healthy fats, B vitamins, Vit. D, calcium, and magnesium, among other things, to be able to think straight and feel happy. Getting enough of each, can make ED symptoms lessen in whole lot in time.

*Drinking around 96 oz. water/day, getting in daily balanced electrolytes and a multivitamin, and eating just a little bit of a wide range of foods and types of nutrients, can reduce likelihood for organ failure and seizures.

*The longer you stay in ED, the more severe your behaviors need to be to get the same results. It gets way harder over time, not easier, to hit goals.

*ED damage is cumulative, and each relapse gets increasingly more dangerous.

*Pro-ana content makes people sadder.

*ED makes everything in life worse, and does not solve problems. Building a wide range of stress management skills is a much better option, that also has longer-lasting results.

*Recovery might feel rough for a year, or a year and a half, but will feel awesome then for the rest of your life. Harm reduction is way better than nothing! Each day we get to live, is a new day to start over and try again.

*A majority of people with ED recover fully eventually. You can get there! The sooner you try, and commit fully to it though, the easier it is and the more likely it is to be permanent. It is easier if you don't have brain/organ damage yet. Keep trying! You deserve to be happy and healthy. <3

#70 skinty2000

skinty2000

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:52 AM

Stressors with my parents, i’m kind of doing it to spite them
  • MaggieG likes this

#71 aquietmeow

aquietmeow

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationHiding under the sleeping cat

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:55 AM

i was 62kg and my clothes were overstretching and i could see my back fat rolls and hated look at my reflection anywhere.

i was like nope this has to end

• MaggieG likes this
H:164cm
CW:55.40kg
GW1:55.00kg | GW2:53.00kg | GW3:50.00kg 

**Starving for Perfection**

#72 lost.in.netherworld

lost.in.netherworld

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:24 AM

My boyfriend telling me I look “fuller”🙄
  • MaggieG likes this

|space dementia in your eyes,
your peace will arise,
and tear us apart,
and make us meaningless again|

🌕

🌖

🌗

🌘

🌑

✨Just want my existence to belong with the stars✨

#73 beast_of_burden

beast_of_burden

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:44 AM

Feeling like I can't control anything at work or home so I control food and my body to feel like I can accomplish something at least
  • MaggieG likes this

#74 YoshiMoshi

YoshiMoshi

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:14 AM

Seeing pictures of my body post twin pregnancy.
And getting together with our friends that we haven’t seen since the beginning of covid for a small birthday party for a friends kid. One of the friends dropped a lottttttttt of weight in a short period of time and she looks great. That basically did it for me.
  • MaggieG likes this

b8r7n6.gif

#75 jamie_kessler

jamie_kessler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:23 AM

just feeling disgusting, my mind telling me that even if i die because of this at least i will die ( hopefully ) skinny, i relapses everything tho ( starving, purging, laxitives, sh ) idk what triggered it but i am back and it sounds bad but if it means ill be skinny then im happy that my mind is doing this :(
  • MaggieG likes this

#76 Misguidedghost13

Misguidedghost13

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:26 AM

Seeing a picture my gf’s family took of us at a baseball game. I know I look healthier than I have in years but it triggered me so bad that I fell instantly back into a relapse.
  • MaggieG likes this

faf9352143ce7ce5b2f075921f0e346e.gif
SW: 172
CW: 112.0 (9.4.16)

LW: 106.6
GW: 95

#77 RumHam

RumHam

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3656 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:35 AM

I watched a show on Netflix with a storyline that was freakishly similar to my real life and featured a thin actress dealing with food insecurity. Over the next week I just found myself eating less and less and then finally throwing myself into a full relapse.
  • MaggieG likes this
Height - 5'1 HW - 108 CW 89 LW - 80 UGW-79

#78 wakawaka

wakawaka

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWalley World

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:35 AM

friend said i looked average and "decent" while im severely underweight 

honestly shes just a bitch/stupid and i know i shouldnt listen to what she said but i cant help feeling normal and chubby ew

• MaggieG likes this

ULckJR.png

#79 Dornröschen

Dornröschen

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationHolzfällerhütte

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:53 PM

I got m*lested again

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Are you able to report it to authorities? I hope that you're safe where you are now, nobody deserves to have that be done to them

• MaggieG likes this

HW: 129  CW: 110.8  GW: 100  UGW: 95 

#80 dolliethin

dolliethin

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationearth, sadly

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:34 PM

Saw a picture of myself recently and I just broke down in tears. 

• MaggieG likes this

"to be pretty is to be skinny" 

[5'6"/168cm]

[hw: 86 kg]

[ugw: 45 kg]

original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users