Metabolism pills.. Anyone with experience? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Metabolism pills.. Anyone with experience?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Misguidedghost13

Misguidedghost13

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:10 AM

hey bb's 

so i went from 175+ to 102 in less than 4 months years ago through bulimia (diagnosed) and then it became anorexia. long story short i fucked up my metabolism/body, lost teeth and hair from it too. 

my question is, now that i'm older (26) i've gained back up to 150 (not by choice) and its been hard to lose weight even by lowering my calories and going to the gym. I was recommended metabolism pills, but i mean do they actually work? does anyone have experience with them? 
I noticed I get cracked out for maybe 4/5 hours and then I lose all my energy in a bad drop when i take them. I do lose my appetite too, its only been less than a week.

thx if anyone responds x

• gennevieve likes this

faf9352143ce7ce5b2f075921f0e346e.gif
SW: 172
CW: 112.0 (9.4.16)

LW: 106.6
GW: 95

#2 Orio

Orio

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationEurope (Germany)

Posted 07 October 2021 - 12:38 PM

When I was younger I took 20-60 mgs of sibutramine a day. Lost weight faster than ever, found myself in the ER. Cannot recommend it. Nearly killed me.
  • gennevieve likes this

HW: 69 kgs - 152 lbs

after I tried recovery with the help of medication, and I really, really tried

LW 1: 38 kgs - 84 lbs

as a minor

LW 2: 42 kgs - 92 lbs

as an adult

Height: 166 cm - 5.4 feet

#3 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 09 October 2021 - 11:51 AM

Unless prescribed by a legitimate doctor (not those shady online ones), it's incredibly dangerous to take what is essentially speed/horse asthma pills

Chick I was in treatment with years ago had a stroke from diet pills aged just 19

Building muscle through resistance training increases metabolism in a safe & natural way
  • gennevieve likes this

How I Lost 45lbs June 2020-May 2021

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#4 with.a.fada

with.a.fada

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:50 AM

i got some in boots (irish chain pharmacy) before with some natural ingredients and I used to take 1 or two before a big meal and then 1 or 2 before my daily 5k runs (haven't tdone that in a while lol) and i got to my lw

that may have been because or the restriction+ intense exercise but i felt they helped, placebo effect maybe 

conclusion: i had no bad side effects and did perceive good ones but they may not have been related to the metabolism pills

Accountability: https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4259757-constipation-nation/

BMI: 17

CW: 48 kg

GW: 45 kg

UGW: dead

5'6 / 167.5 cm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users