Female actor in squid game - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Female actor in squid game

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Animefreak

Animefreak

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3173 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:05 AM

That girl (ho yeon jung) is so fucking skinny oh my Lord and triggers the fuck outta me. I haven't finished the series yet but her insta is just wow....

Sent from my vivo 1811 using Tapatalk
  • wastingmydays, gh0stb0y, langweilig and 4 others like this

hw ; 175lbs bmi 28.2

lw;103lbs bmi 16.4

cw .: ) too fucking much

GW: 99 lbsHeight : 5'6 (168cm)Thin is perfection

#2 katemossidol

katemossidol

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMed school

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:27 AM

I don't know... I don't see her that skinny, but maybe that's because I think we have a similar BMI. What do you think her BMI is? I'd say something between 15-16 BMI. 17 BMI at most.

STATS:                                                                                                                                                              USEFUL PAGES:                                                                                                                                  CALORIE INTAKE:

HEIGHT: 157 cm                                                                                                     SailRabbit <SailRabbit: BMR, TDEE and BMI Calculator>                                                                                       To lose 2kg/month:1100

HGH: 45 kg                                                                                                                               Losertown <l o s e r t o w n>                                                                                                           To lose 1 kg/month: 1300

CW: 41.2 kg                                                                                                        Caloriefriend <CalorieFriend - View what calories looks like.>                                                                                              To maintain: 1500

UGW: 37 kg

LW: 38 kg

#3 Andre91

Andre91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:51 AM

Same happened to me. When I saw the serie and saw how skinny she was I immediately got triggered and thought wtf I hate myself ...

#4 RomanticMisanthropist

RomanticMisanthropist

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationVizima

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:06 AM

Same! I saw her and instantly thought 'wow new thinspo'

• bellucci likes this

Non-binary, 22 and sad. AN for 9 years. I'd like to recover but is it really ever gonna happen? Really?

Also bpd af

They/them pronouns

Let's burn our love into the ground

----

giphy.gif

Pete looking sassy

----

BMI: 16.6

Height: 5'8 / 174cm

CW: 50.4kg  / 111lbs

GW: 45kg / 99lbs    

GW2: 42kg / 92.5lbs (lol)

UGW: 39kg / 85lbs (lolololol yeah like that'll ever happen)

#5 ifeelpretty

ifeelpretty

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:48 AM

I love her. She used to be huge high fashion model a couple of years ago so that would probably be why she is so skinny. She was on the jimmy fallon show a few nights ago and she looked so prefect.
  • foliform and egoist like this

#6 elijahisgay

elijahisgay

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Locationuniversity of florida

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:57 AM

shes soooo skinny and her face is just to die for. i actually paused episode 6 to take a break and came here, this ep is brutal lmao all my favorites pitted against each other plus the one guy im really tired of possibly dying... intense af

eli, male, vegetarian, 5'4"

hw: 155 | cw: 137.4 | lw: 104 | gw: 100 | ugw: 90

im looking skinny like a model with my eyes all painted black.

#7 noten0ugh

noten0ugh

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:12 AM

i thought i was the only one who noticed it

she's very skinny, i'd say her bmi is 16 because she's quite tall

definitely a good thinspo

i want to be as beautiful as the ocean

hw: 45 kg

gw: 34 kg 

cw: 35 kg

#8 auralite

auralite

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 08:42 AM

omg yes, she's stunning. same as what ifeelpretty said though, she was/is literally a runway model so that kind of explains it

5’4”
cw: 96 lbs
gw: 90 lbs

#9 Abbey84

Abbey84

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2608 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 October 2021 - 09:11 AM

She's stunning! I took some screenshots, and found out she's a model afb0eac2800ea7903a7ab14ccf1fb212.jpg9307e28a3c075f8270d26042299bf5d5.jpg
  • dollangangerdoll likes this
CW 80lbs bmi 16.2 gw 78lbs

#10 butttercup

butttercup

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1350 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 09:24 AM

She is gorgeous!! I knew of her high fashion work before the whole series, so it's cool that she's in acting now too
  • foliform likes this

#11 Lovelybonespook

Lovelybonespook

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:44 PM

Yes I noticed too she’s so pretty and thin but not too thin for me (yes I have a too thin standard 😂)
BMI: 17.2
CW: 111 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
LW: 95 lbs
HW: 126 lbs

#12 impmon

impmon

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12231 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:46 PM

she's just averagely fit, though.

• hunthebun and ArtemisEfesia like this

5'3 / bmi 12.whatever / hikikomori

pls no bullytwitter / fat fucking ego / babble

e94996d432bb768fcd01becd3c70b88f85b18dec

if i'm ever mean, i'm just schizoid and don't know how to communicate. call me out.

#13 hunthebun

hunthebun

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1689 posts

she looks healthy-skinny (like it looks natural)

an immortal anorexic with a god complex 

175cm (5'9"),

all leg 

hw = 56kg (BMI 18.9, I was shorter)

lw = 31kg (BMI 10.1)

cw= 32.3kg (BMI 10.6)

​currently in hospital, spending my life online for the hours when they turn the wifi on.  

#14 hunthebun

hunthebun

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1689 posts

she's just averagely fit, though.

yeah this x

an immortal anorexic with a god complex 

175cm (5'9"),

all leg 

hw = 56kg (BMI 18.9, I was shorter)

lw = 31kg (BMI 10.1)

cw= 32.3kg (BMI 10.6)

​currently in hospital, spending my life online for the hours when they turn the wifi on.  

#15 SpongebobZeroPants

SpongebobZeroPants

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1589 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under the sea?

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:03 PM

I don't know... I don't see her that skinny, but maybe that's because I think we have a similar BMI. What do you think her BMI is? I'd say something between 15-16 BMI. 17 BMI at most.

Not gonna quote the multiple replies already that had similar sentiments, but...

A 15 BMI would be moderate bordering on extreme anorexia, clinically speaking, which carries a high risk of death, and permanent organ damage. Let's not get confused on this thread - I know nothing about this person's actual BMI because by now we should all know you can never guess a person's weight by looking at them (UM - DUH that has nothing to do with how science works), but anyone who has a BMI like that is not "normal healthy," "fit," or "not that skinny."

We need to check the insane lies we tell ourselves and others on this forum every day.

Someone who has a smaller BMI than 99.9% of the global population, is NOT normal, and is not likely healthy. Also, we are all well aware that both the fashion/modeling industries, and East Asian culture, prize thinness and encourage extreme behaviors and eating disorders, so someone who is considered thin and "attractive" in an East Asian modeling world, is likely doing an awful lot of harmful shit to themselves to keep their career. Which is exactly why we now know of a number of deaths, confirmed eating disorders, drug addictions, and suicides in the East Asian entertainment and modeling worlds.

I wish her happiness, balance in her life, and health. But also, very few people on Earth will ever be able to look like her, no matter how much starving they try to do or surgery they pay for.

I'm glad that the pics included above at least don't look terrifying. But perhaps they're just the angles and clothes, and other photos would be much worse.

If stats mentioned online are to be believed, whether or not she has an underweight or borderline underweight BMI, she does have extremely abnormal body proportions. Being 5'10" and a South Korean female is unusual already - the average age for South Korean women is currently about 5'4". And if so, her measurements are bizarre and seem like they would not hold up her tall body well, and might cause medical problems. That could be totally natural, and something she was just born with. But... a lot of times very unusual proportions in models/actors, is not natural at all, and indicates surgery and disorders.

• CuTea, Ittybittyandpretty, drowsyrabbit and 14 others like this

I am trying hard to stay medically stable, after having caused permanent multiple organ damage, and losing everything I loved in my life to ED.

Did you know?:

*Female bodies generally require a minimum 1200cal/day; Males, 1800cal/day; just to have basic organ function (can require a lot more if tall and/or athletic).

*800 cal/day or less is considered medical starvation.

*The definition of high restriction is no more than a few hundred cals below TDEE. The definition of low restriction is generally anywhere between your BMR (likely at least 1200 cal/day), and high restriction. So for a person who when healthy has a TDEE of 2000 cal/day, high restriction is about 1600-1950, and low restriction is about 1200-1600. With patience, it is very possible to increase your TDEE so you can eat a lot more without gain.

*Eating less harms metabolism and shuts down systems. Eating more than the bare minimum can make metabolism work faster, and also help you feel way better. Low restriction is not necessary, is counterproductive, often leads to binges, and is super dangerous. It also causes the body to eat muscle and bone faster, which frequently leads to heart failure, osteoporosis, and seizures, among other things.

*The brain requires at least 130g of carbs at minimum, per day, just to function. And that is assuming you're not doing a ton of exercise, or very tall or muscular, or in other ways burning through the stores more quickly. Eating less than that, risks not only your intelligence, but causes more anxiety, BDD, depression, makes it very hard to think clearly and make reasonable decisions (including regarding the ED), and risks your organs failing because the brain is responsible for telling each of them what to do. It can also lead to dizziness, coordination, and speech and language problems. 

*You train your brain how to think, and your body how to act, with repetitive behaviors. Repeating healthy thoughts and behaviors every day makes being healthy get a lot easier. Repeating unhealthy thoughts and behaviors every day, makes getting better a lot harder.

*Malnutrition biologically causes depression, anxiety, and OCD behaviors like ED to get way worse. The brain needs carbs, healthy fats, B vitamins, Vit. D, calcium, and magnesium, among other things, to be able to think straight and feel happy. Getting enough of each, can make ED symptoms lessen in whole lot in time.

*Drinking around 96 oz. water/day, getting in daily balanced electrolytes and a multivitamin, and eating just a little bit of a wide range of foods and types of nutrients, can reduce likelihood for organ failure and seizures.

*The longer you stay in ED, the more severe your behaviors need to be to get the same results. It gets way harder over time, not easier, to hit goals.

*ED damage is cumulative, and each relapse gets increasingly more dangerous.

*Pro-ana content makes people sadder.

*ED makes everything in life worse, and does not solve problems. Building a wide range of stress management skills is a much better option, that also has longer-lasting results.

*Recovery might feel rough for a year, or a year and a half, but will feel awesome then for the rest of your life. Harm reduction is way better than nothing! Each day we get to live, is a new day to start over and try again.

*A majority of people with ED recover fully eventually. You can get there! The sooner you try, and commit fully to it though, the easier it is and the more likely it is to be permanent. It is easier if you don't have brain/organ damage yet. Keep trying! You deserve to be happy and healthy. <3

#16 CuTea

CuTea

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5482 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:26 PM

Not gonna quote the multiple replies already that had similar sentiments, but...

A 15 BMI would be moderate bordering on extreme anorexia, clinically speaking, which carries a high risk of death, and permanent organ damage. Let's not get confused on this thread - I know nothing about this person's actual BMI because by now we should all know you can never guess a person's weight by looking at them (UM - DUH that has nothing to do with how science works), but anyone who has a BMI like that is not "normal healthy," "fit," or "not that skinny."

We need to check the insane lies we tell ourselves and others on this forum every day.

Someone who has a smaller BMI than 99.9% of the global population, is NOT normal, and is not likely healthy. Also, we are all well aware that both the fashion/modeling industries, and East Asian culture, prize thinness and encourage extreme behaviors and eating disorders, so someone who is considered thin and "attractive" in an East Asian modeling world, is likely doing an awful lot of harmful shit to themselves to keep their career. Which is exactly why we now know of a number of deaths, confirmed eating disorders, drug addictions, and suicides in the East Asian entertainment and modeling worlds.

I wish her happiness, balance in her life, and health. But also, very few people on Earth will ever be able to look like her, no matter how much starving they try to do or surgery they pay for.

I'm glad that the pics included above at least don't look terrifying. But perhaps they're just the angles and clothes, and other photos would be much worse.

If stats mentioned online are to be believed, whether or not she has an underweight or borderline underweight BMI, she does have extremely abnormal body proportions. Being 5'10" and a South Korean female is unusual already - the average age for South Korean women is currently about 5'4". And if so, her measurements are bizarre and seem like they would not hold up her tall body well, and might cause medical problems. That could be totally natural, and something she was just born with. But... a lot of times very unusual proportions in models/actors, is not natural at all, and indicates surgery and disorders.

THANK YOU. No, she's not "average fit." We need to be aware of our harmful perceptions here.
  • Ittybittyandpretty, ifeelpretty, cozy. and 6 others like this

tumblr_m2o9uligmz1qdlkyg.gif

tumblr_m3wef4x2Kv1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc45wwiudi1qdlkyg.giftumblr_m2k9g37mbe1qdlkyg.giftumblr_m2cpqc6LVg1qdlkyg.gifmini_pink_cat_bullet_by_akachuki-d9259iu

SW: 137

136 135 134 133 132 131 130

129 128 127 126 125

124 123 122 121 120

119 118 117 116 115

114 113 112 111 110

109 108 107 106 105

104 103 102 101 100

115 GW1

100 GW2

90 GW3

[size=2]85

[size=2]80

#17 Lovelybonespook

Lovelybonespook

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:02 PM

Yes I noticed too she’s so pretty and thin but not too thin for me (yes I have a too thin standard 😂)
  • Abbey84 likes this

#18 Lovelybonespook

Lovelybonespook

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:23 PM

#19 may_jailer

may_jailer

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1662 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:45 PM

she's so so gorgeous fuck.

but yeah seconding spongebobzeropants post. she's obviously extremely extremely thin - not "average" in any way. could be genetics, health issues, ed who knows. i get that this is an ed website so a lot of our perceptions are skewed so im not too upset seeing ppl call her avg fit on here tbh bc it happens basically with every uw woman who is posted.

but it's funny how even normal ppl think she's perfect as well. i feel like i get constant proof that society just prefers uw women, always have and always will. even if they deny it. they cant usually clock uw people like we can - they think ppl with bmi 15-16 are just "naturally thin!!". makes tryna stick to recovery 100x harder ngl lol

• ekkiana, StarvingLlama*-*, ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ and 4 others like this

#20 coke.zero.addict

coke.zero.addict

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:28 PM

she's so so gorgeous fuck.

but yeah seconding spongebobzeropants post. she's obviously extremely extremely thin - not "average" in any way. could be genetics, health issues, ed who knows. i get that this is an ed website so a lot of our perceptions are skewed so im not too upset seeing ppl call her avg fit on here tbh bc it happens basically with every uw woman who is posted.

but it's funny how even normal ppl think she's perfect as well. i feel like i get constant proof that society just prefers uw women, always have and always will. even if they deny it. they cant usually clock uw people like we can - they think ppl with bmi 15-16 are just "naturally thin!!". makes tryna stick to recovery 100x harder ngl lol

agreed, i honestly think so called “normal” people tend to have a more skewed perception than anorexics lol
  • ekkiana, gilgi and wwednesday like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users