My Weight Loss Plan - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My Weight Loss Plan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RinaBeth18

RinaBeth18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:29 PM

Ive just recently got prescribed and will be taking 350 mg Wellbutrin, Naltrexone (which they prescribe as a weight loss pill called Contrave), 100 mg Extended Release Topamax + 37.5 mg Phentermine [this is an amphetamine] (which they sell as a weight loss pill called Qysmia) and I take Metformin to prevent diabetes (which also has an appetite suppressing effect). I’m hoping that all these things combined will help me lose weight (I am morbidly obese at around 280 lbs). I’m hoping these will suppress hunger enough so that I don’t eat at all. I will be water “fasting” during this time (adding electrolytes to my water). I do plan on working out at my gym since that’s something I do daily anyway, but I won’t be doing any cardio only strength training to (hopefully) maintain what muscle I have. I plan on fasting until I get down to 107 lbs (which is where I used to be at 3 years ago). I’ve done a lot of research on extended fasting and have found that someone at my size will not die (there was a 500 lb+ Man who fasted for 1 year). I plan on prepping my meals before I break my fast and be in a Calorie Surplus/ on a high protein diet so I can gain muscle after fasting. Wish me luck!

#2 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3644 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

Well good luck. Your going to need it youll end up binging before you get there.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#3 SpongebobZeroPants

SpongebobZeroPants

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1853 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under the sea?

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:49 PM

You absolutely could die, or end up with permanent organ damage. Just because one person in the history of the world is documented as not having died, does not mean there are not a lot of examples of people who have.

None of what you are doing is medically recommended, or necessary to get into a healthy category of weight. I did very well after becoming obese due to life-threatening ED medical complications, at a true high restriction which was initially over 2000+cals/day, and then adjusting as my TDEE changed. Lost weight reliably, and kept my health intact better because of it. There is zero reason to do something so dangerous.

Please see my sig below for harm reduction info...

But... I'm not sure how this is an "Off Topic" thread...

• BatDuck, ByeBeyBello, Dying2b3Th!n and 2 others like this

I am trying hard to stay medically stable, after having caused permanent multiple organ damage, and losing everything I loved in my life to ED.

Did you know?:

*Female bodies generally require a minimum 1200cal/day; Males, 1800cal/day; just to have basic organ function (can require a lot more if tall and/or athletic).

*800 cal/day or less is considered medical starvation.

*The definition of high restriction is no more than a few hundred cals below TDEE. The definition of low restriction is generally anywhere between your BMR (likely at least 1200 cal/day), and high restriction. So for a person who when healthy has a TDEE of 2000 cal/day, high restriction is about 1600-1950, and low restriction is about 1200-1600. With patience, it is very possible to increase your TDEE so you can eat a lot more without gain.

*Eating less harms metabolism and shuts down systems. Eating more than the bare minimum can make metabolism work faster, and also help you feel way better. Low restriction is not necessary, is counterproductive, often leads to binges, and is super dangerous. It also causes the body to eat muscle and bone faster, which frequently leads to heart failure, osteoporosis, and seizures, among other things.

*The brain requires at least 130g of carbs at minimum, per day, just to function. And that is assuming you're not doing a ton of exercise, or very tall or muscular, or in other ways burning through the stores more quickly. Eating less than that, risks not only your intelligence, but causes more anxiety, BDD, depression, makes it very hard to think clearly and make reasonable decisions (including regarding the ED), and risks your organs failing because the brain is responsible for telling each of them what to do. It can also lead to dizziness, coordination, and speech and language problems. 

*You train your brain how to think, and your body how to act, with repetitive behaviors. Repeating healthy thoughts and behaviors every day makes being healthy get a lot easier. Repeating unhealthy thoughts and behaviors every day, makes getting better a lot harder.

*Malnutrition biologically causes depression, anxiety, and OCD behaviors like ED to get way worse. The brain needs carbs, healthy fats, B vitamins, Vit. D, calcium, and magnesium, among other things, to be able to think straight and feel happy. Getting enough of each, can make ED symptoms lessen in whole lot in time.

*Drinking around 96 oz. water/day, getting in daily balanced electrolytes and a multivitamin, and eating just a little bit of a wide range of foods and types of nutrients, can reduce likelihood for organ failure and seizures.

*The longer you stay in ED, the more severe your behaviors need to be to get the same results. It gets way harder over time, not easier, to hit goals.

*ED damage is cumulative, and each relapse gets increasingly more dangerous.

*Pro-ana content makes people sadder.

*ED makes everything in life worse, and does not solve problems. Building a wide range of stress management skills is a much better option, that also has longer-lasting results.

*Recovery might feel rough for a year, or a year and a half, but will feel awesome then for the rest of your life. Harm reduction is way better than nothing! Each day we get to live, is a new day to start over and try again.

*A majority of people with ED recover fully eventually. You can get there! The sooner you try, and commit fully to it though, the easier it is and the more likely it is to be permanent. It is easier if you don't have brain/organ damage yet. Keep trying! You deserve to be happy and healthy. <3

#4 BatDuck

BatDuck

your friendly neighborhood anorexic

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15000 posts
  • Locationup my own ass

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:53 PM

I wouldn't recommend indefinite fasting, it's absolutely horrible for you and besides you'll end up binging anyway. Maybe intermittent fasting would be a better way to go? Most people set aside 4-6 hours per day to have some basic meals but then fast the rest of the day, and assuming those meals are healthy and nutritious you'll still lose weight without putting your health at risk.
Please be careful.

Edit: I also recommend vitamins, even a basic daily multivitamin will do you good if you're doing any kind of fasting
  • Silverlorde likes this

#5 RinaBeth18

RinaBeth18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 10:36 PM

I do appreciate everyone who gave input. Honestly though, I only made this post because I can’t make blog posts yet and It’s more of a journal entry/ accountability post for me. I wasn’t seeking advice but I’m well aware that everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I have no interest in doing it any other way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users