Stuck in 130s- plateaus? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Stuck in 130s- plateaus?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:21 AM

My body hates getting below 132, and can get to 128 for like a day before bouncing back up. Any of you ever experience a plateau before reaching a new set of numbers (130s, 120s, 110s)? Like what is up with that? And how did you overcome it?

#2 Anagirl#16

Anagirl#16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:48 AM

My body hates getting below 132, and can get to 128 for like a day before bouncing back up. Any of you ever experience a plateau before reaching a new set of numbers (130s, 120s, 110s)? Like what is up with that? And how did you overcome it?

hey I just starve and exercise and it works for me. So maybe I could help? If you want we could private message.
  • nessavee15 likes this

#3 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:07 AM

For me it's the 50 kg mark. My body just holds on to everything it can in order to jump back over 50. On the other hand I can also maintain 50 relatively well.

(for context, 50 kg also puts me at an even 15.0 BMI, so it's not super surprising that it's difficult to lose below that)
  • nessavee15 likes this

#4 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3139 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:10 AM

Are you eating anything different than normal? Or having more calories, or something like that. Some bodys wont go below a certain weight i dont know why. But my mom has the same problem, but at the same time if she tweaks her diet she can lose a few extra pounds.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#5 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:05 AM

Are you eating anything different than normal? Or having more calories, or something like that. Some bodys wont go below a certain weight i dont know why. But my mom has the same problem, but at the same time if she tweaks her diet she can lose a few extra pounds.

I’m staying under 600 cals every day, IF 20:4, and have been doing water fasts as well. I’ve struggled with an ED for 8/9 years now so I honestly wonder if my metabolism is just THAT screwed up?? I’m going to try exercising more and just being patient, and also just bought a food scale so my cal counts can be extra exact. I think it’s that my set point in the low 130s, so I just have to try extra hard to work to get it below that.

#6 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3139 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:38 AM

I’m staying under 600 cals every day, IF 20:4, and have been doing water fasts as well. I’ve struggled with an ED for 8/9 years now so I honestly wonder if my metabolism is just THAT screwed up?? I’m going to try exercising more and just being patient, and also just bought a food scale so my cal counts can be extra exact. I think it’s that my set point in the low 130s, so I just have to try extra hard to work to get it below that.

Oh ok, i get the whole metabolism thing, mines messed up bad too. Ive had my ed 17 years so i screwed up mine bad, im 34 have stomach issues including gastroparesis which i blame on 14 years of on and off laxative abuse.(more on then off)
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.

#7 AlienThinspired

AlienThinspired

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • Locationbrisbane australia

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:45 AM

it comes down to metabolism, if you feed your liver your metabolic rate will jump, try adding cinnamon to your morning routines as well as first thing in morning fresh lemon juice in water and wait half hour before anything else... if you take care of digestion and liver you will keep a steady metabolism .. if you just stop altogether your body goes to starvation mode and yes if you starve long enough you will drop weight but if keep metabolic rate up it will burn calories faster 

• nessavee15 likes this

#8 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:59 AM

Oh ok, i get the whole metabolism thing, mines messed up bad too. Ive had my ed 17 years so i screwed up mine bad, im 34 have stomach issues including gastroparesis which i blame on 14 years of on and off laxative abuse.(more on then off)

Don’t even get me STARTED on lax abuse, that wrecked my digestive system and capability of bowel movements big time, so I feel your pain to an extent. Also wondering if this difficulty also comes from my HW being much higher than most, so my body is just like stagnant in the want to lose weight.

#9 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:00 AM

it comes down to metabolism, if you feed your liver your metabolic rate will jump, try adding cinnamon to your morning routines as well as first thing in morning fresh lemon juice in water and wait half hour before anything else... if you take care of digestion and liver you will keep a steady metabolism .. if you just stop altogether your body goes to starvation mode and yes if you starve long enough you will drop weight but if keep metabolic rate up it will burn calories faster

I will definitely try those, thank you so much! I think exercise and keeping my muscle mass up will also help to keep my TDEE up in comparison to the calories that I’m consuming. Appreciate your reply!! :)
  • AlienThinspired likes this

#10 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3139 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:12 AM

Don’t even get me STARTED on lax abuse, that wrecked my digestive system and capability of bowel movements big time, so I feel your pain to an extent. Also wondering if this difficulty also comes from my HW being much higher than most, so my body is just like stagnant in the want to lose weight.

Omg i cant go either nothing works for me anymore, i feel your pain there too. I dont think it has to do with high weight unfortunately. Ive been all the way fr ok m 230 to 80 pounds. The last year i went from 105-175, currently 127.6 again hopefully most of the 7.6 pounds ive gained in the last week or a little over is water weight. Cant deal with it, so now im going to go back to bare minimum. I know because my stomach and blood sugar issues fake sweeteners/sugar cause swelling and weight gain in me, also sauces not already on food add unnecessary calories and sometimes sugar/carbs. Maybe you can start there and see if that helps, that usually helps me so im going to do that, it gets it started in the right direction again might just take a few days.

#11 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:21 AM

Omg i cant go either nothing works for me anymore, i feel your pain there too. I dont think it has to do with high weight unfortunately. Ive been all the way fr ok m 230 to 80 pounds. The last year i went from 105-175, currently 127.6 again hopefully most of the 7.6 pounds ive gained in the last week or a little over is water weight. Cant deal with it, so now im going to go back to bare minimum. I know because my stomach and blood sugar issues fake sweeteners/sugar cause swelling and weight gain in me, also sauces not already on food add unnecessary calories and sometimes sugar/carbs. Maybe you can start there and see if that helps, that usually helps me so im going to do that, it gets it started in the right direction again might just take a few days.

That’s honestly really inspiring since I’ve always worried that because of where I’ve been with weight, I won’t be able to get where I want to be. I really appreciate you sharing all of this, since it’s super helpful and gives me a better idea of where I could get to if I just take the right steps. I’m definitely going to keep a bigger eye on what I add- I only add hot sauce to the foods I eat, so it’s very low calorie, but there is a lot of sodium so it’s probably leading to an extensive amount of water retention and bloating. Like I said, I just purchased a food scale so I’ll get a better measurement on what I’m consuming, so I’ll use that too after I break my fast Sunday. You’re literally a godsend!!!
  • Dying2b3Th!n likes this

#12 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:25 AM

For me it's the 50 kg mark. My body just holds on to everything it can in order to jump back over 50. On the other hand I can also maintain 50 relatively well.
(for context, 50 kg also puts me at an even 15.0 BMI, so it's not super surprising that it's difficult to lose below that)

I totally understand that! Most definitely more difficult to lose when you’re at that end of the BMI scale. How long did it take you to get to 50kg from your SW if you don’t mind my asking?

#13 SanicSatanic

SanicSatanic

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJust south of Hell. No, really.

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:33 AM

I go sloooow and steady. Patience is hard sometimes but much more sustainable.

• nessavee15 likes this

They can't diagnose you if they can't catch you.

#14 Lovelybonespook

Lovelybonespook

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:41 AM

Yes I was at 114 lbs for three weeks and was so frustrated because I was staying under 1000 calories 6 days a week and at 1400 one day a week. At that rate I’d expect weight loss to be slow but not THAT slow.

After three weeks my weight went down to 112 one morning and then 110 a few days later. It’s a mystery I honestly have no idea.

I do know that for some people eating at maintenance level for a couple days or even a week will break them out if a plateau.
  • nessavee15 likes this
BMI: 17.2
CW: 111 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
LW: 95 lbs
HW: 126 lbs

#15 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:43 AM

I go sloooow and steady. Patience is hard sometimes but much more sustainable.

Patience is definitely a virtue I’m trying to work on in regard to losing this weight lol!

#16 nessavee15

nessavee15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:45 AM

Yes I was at 114 lbs for three weeks and was so frustrated because I was staying under 1000 calories 6 days a week and at 1400 one day a week. At that rate I’d expect weight loss to be slow but not THAT slow.
After three weeks my weight went down to 112 one morning and then 110 a few days later. It’s a mystery I honestly have no idea.
I do know that for some people eating at maintenance level for a couple days or even a week will break them out if a plateau.

I guess I just have to play the waiting game and try to avoid bingeing to reverse any process. I would go back to maintenance, but I went home a couple weekends ago and ate normally to keep my folks off my back, so I don’t wanna revert to normal cals again and risk gaining.

#17 Lovelybonespook

Lovelybonespook

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:32 AM

I guess I just have to play the waiting game and try to avoid bingeing to reverse any process. I would go back to maintenance, but I went home a couple weekends ago and ate normally to keep my folks off my back, so I don’t wanna revert to normal cals again and risk gaining.

It sucks so much I feel your pain. I have cried so much because the number on the scale just stays the same for weeks despite me torturing myself everyday counting calories religiously using a food scale and passing up food when I’m extremely hungry (it’s so hard at work when my co workers all get take out and eat in front of me too).

I try to remind myself that not gaining weight is also an accomplishment, and that slower weight loss is more sustainable and won’t damage my metabolism like eating below 500 calories will. Hang in there… consistency wins the game.
  • nessavee15 likes this
BMI: 17.2
CW: 111 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
LW: 95 lbs
HW: 126 lbs

#18 gloum

gloum

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerz

Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:00 AM

I got stuck at 175 for months, it was the most frustrating thing. I ate at my TDEE for several weeks and then when I started restricting again the weight started dropping. 

I've currently been stuck in the low 150s for 2 weeks. my weight dipped to 149.4 last friday but that was just for a day and now it's been hovering around 152-153. makes me wanna scream haha. I'm thinking about eating at maintenance again to try and break it but that makes me really anxious :(

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

cw 149.4

bmi 24.9
gw1 185
gw2 149
gw3 119
gw4 110
gw5 96

ugw 90

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

tumblr_n3g8ak23KV1som4u1o2_640.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic