Meals under 300/400cals - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

Jump to content

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.


Meals under 300/400cals

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Alice_fell_again


    Advanced Member

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:27 AM

So i will have to live with my dad and hes absolutely against low fat stuff (0,1% yoghurt, 0,1%milk,..) which make up 90% of my diet (the other 10% comes from chocolate). I need recipes that look ..normal. any suggestions?
  • skinnysakura likes this

#2 Dying2b3Th!n



  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3644 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:46 AM

So i will have to live with my dad and hes absolutely against low fat stuff (0,1% yoghurt, 0,1%milk,..) which make up 90% of my diet (the other 10% comes from chocolate). I need recipes that look ..normal. any suggestions?

Sorry my stuff i eat is many meat and vegetables so i dont have recipies just theow stuff in a bowl or eat out of a can. But if it makes you feel better fat doesn't make you fat. Its excess calories that cause weight gain.
  • Alice_fell_again likes this
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#3 Eefin



  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLand of corn 2

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:56 AM

So i will have to live with my dad and hes absolutely against low fat stuff (0,1% yoghurt, 0,1%milk,..) which make up 90% of my diet (the other 10% comes from chocolate). I need recipes that look ..normal. any suggestions?

Most squash dishes are normal looking, and theres a bunch of options. squash noodles, chips, steamed cubes, baked, can put it in salads or on sandwiches. also onion based things, can put them in wraps etc, egg based things, frittata, on toast, basically just find healthy foods and figure out every possible way to cook it, loads of fancy recipes online that look good ("normal") but just made with simple things. also you can water down milk to make it 1% if need be. I hope some of this is helpful? I dont know what he keeps around the house so I cant give any specific suggestions, but yeah. experiment

  • Alice_fell_again likes this

BMI: 18.5 (october 2021)

#4 Willow_x0x


    Advanced Warrior

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:13 AM

Low cal wraps with fillings (about 100 ish for the wrap, and black beans are pretty filling if u want a low cal “main” filling)

Sweet potato at about 100 cal for 1 medium sized potato
Also sweet potato French fries, homemade are better if u got the time

Miso soup is also a pretty decent side, tho it is rly high is sodium :/
  • Alice_fell_again likes this

#5 donor?



  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:51 AM

find the lowest calorie noodles in your supermarket (usually 150 cals per serve), cook it with lots of vegetables for volume and add a protein source like chicken, fish, tofu, beans to make sure it fills you up.


150 calories - noodles

20 calories - seasoning 

30 calories approx - veggies

100 calories - protein source of choice 

and there ya go 300 calories approx

  • Alice_fell_again likes this

#6 skinnysakura


    Advanced Warrior

  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Locationthe anime world

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:55 AM

Why is he against low-fat stuff? 

Is it that Around the Dinner Table BS?

A large plain grilled chicken breast is 300 calories and vegetables are very low cal. 

Plain potatoes are very low in calories.

And fat doesn't make you fat.

I have found that eating high fat foods while still being in a significant calorie deficit has helped me not binge as much.

Calories are more important than fat.

Don't you know better, 

To be feeding the wolves? 
A primal sensation, 
Defensively done.


Every time I walk in the club They hating on me cuz they know I look good My hair done right and my dress real tight All eyes on me I took the night.


HW: 55.7 kg BMI 22.3   LW: 33.4 kg. BMI 13.4

 CW: 50.4 kg. BMI 20.2

GW1: 47.6 kg. BMI 19.1

GW2: 45 kg. BMI 18

GW3: 39.9 kg BMI 16

GW4: 36.1 kg BMI 14.5

UGW: 33.4 kg or lower (BMI 13.4)

158cm tall



Accountability: https://www.myproana...-bmi-21-bmi-13/


"Just to release the tension, but I ended up binging and purging for bulimic purposes."

#7 skeletalwaste


    Advanced Warrior

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:40 AM

A meal I like that is low calorie and looks normal is multigrain bread with sugar free jelly. The toast has 60cal per slice and the jelly has like 45 cal per tbsp. Delicious and not suspicious.
  • Alice_fell_again likes this

#8 auralite



  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:49 AM

i like to make a salad with arugula, lettuce mix, apple, watermelon, grilled chicken, and balsamic drizzle (about 300 cals). you could do something like this where you make a salad using low cal ingredients of your choice. soup is also a good option, and you can add stuff to soup too! like let's say you buy a veggie soup (the one i have is 180 cals) then you can add a small amount of chicken to it (maybe 3oz so let's say add 120 cals) or maybe you get a cup of ramen (290 cals) then you can add an egg to it (add 70 cals). just some ideas!
  • Alice_fell_again likes this

cw: 92 lbs


#9 slimmypretzel



  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • Locationhollow lil tree

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:50 AM

I eat oats a lot and top it with a TBSP of brown sugar which suddenly makes it very non-ED for anyone watching bc gasp pure sugar! 1/3 cup of oats with water and a splash of milk (just a splash won't add too many calories, even fullfat), cinnamon, some diced apple and frozen or fresh berries.
Comes out as between 200-300cal

Another one is just a breadroll with a portion of pre-pagacked, powdered soup like pumpkin/onion/tomato/etc (add some veggies too for volume, best are caulifl. and broccoli, bell pepper or carrots etc), and then very obviously putting a handful of shredded cheese or a slice or cheese on top.
Single servings of those are usually within pretty ok calorie bounds and they make your meals seem very non-restrictive while still coming out as around 300 and no more than 400cal
  • Alice_fell_again likes this

aaand back again lol

hw 141lbs
cw 106lbs [26/DEC/2021]
gw 110lbs
gw2 106lbs
ugw 103lbs

[the scary ugw: 99lbs]
lw 75lbs

#10 CrimsonRaven


    Advanced Sage

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1788 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:51 AM

Scrambled eggs on toast (and a sprinkling of some cheese if you can get it to stay under 400 because it’s delicious)

Avocado toast (just use half the avocado)

Oatmeal (use a sugar alternative and non dairy or skim milk)

Rice cakes with almond or peanut butter

An apple with almond or peanut butter (high in calories but just keep it under 1-2 tbs)

Rice, vegetables and chicken (1/4 cup dry rice, 4 oz chicken breast will keep you under 400. You can load up on the vegetables since they are really low in calories)

Hard boiled eggs (I just eat like 3 or 4 of them and it keeps me full for so long I love them)

Toast with 1 tsp butter and sugar free jam or jelly or apple butter

Light & Fit Greek yogurt has 90 calories per serving and you can add some fruit and granola
  • Alice_fell_again likes this

#11 Vanorexxic


    Advanced Warrior

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHumboldt

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:53 AM

Spaghetti w/ red sauce can be like 250 if you use the right ingredients (that aren’t even low fat)
  • Alice_fell_again likes this

Add me on MFP! : Cubensiscrush


#12 oversizedsweatshirt



  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

i found these noodle packets at walmart that are like ramen but they're only 90-100 cals each. the brand name is Naked and i got the pad thai, vegetable pho, and the hot and sour flavors. you could make an egg to go in them as well and it would be less than 300 cal
some others:
- fruit smoothie with almond milk (80 cal)
- tuna and saltines
- campbells chicken noodle soup (150 cal/can)
- canned chicken pot pie (380 cal/can)
ill edit this if i think of any more lol
  • Alice_fell_again likes this
sw: 190 • cw: 133 • ugw: 90 • height: 5'5 • 19yo • they/them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users