Does age play a role in weight loss? - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does age play a role in weight loss?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kpierce

Kpierce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:04 AM

I'm 35 yes old and I have been restricting my calories significantly and barely any changes for 2 weeks.
Given I have a chronic illness and cannot work out except for slow walks...I'm doing everything I can. I feel so defeated. I could drop weight fast when I was younger.

I was wondering if anyone feels this way either? Thanks for letting me vent.

#2 Starduss

Starduss

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4032 posts
  • LocationThe bottom of the Baggie

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:08 AM

Yes. But you still lose weight. Just try diff techniques.
pfazq.png

#3 sscamarogirl2000

sscamarogirl2000

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:59 PM

Yes! I'm 39 and nothing is helping. I had some success before summer but then i gained 7 pounds over summer and cannot seem to budge them. I also have hypothyroidism. I've been running on the treadmill and being serious again since the 1st of August and I've gained weight so yeah....

#4 SacredFaeriesrevengequest

SacredFaeriesrevengequest

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:14 PM

I just turned 28 in September and I have barely noticed any progress despite restricting. I have bounced between 185 and 170 for the past several years and just want to die at times because I remember how thin I used to be, and I just know that people in my life would love me so much more and actually give a shit about me if I could only somehow get back there. I was 103 at my lowest as a teenager when I was hunger striking due to a whole bunch of bs that was going on back then, but now I feel like I have "Quantum Leaped" into my worst fucking nightmare! Ugh! We can still get there though, it has to be possible to leap back into our former glory somehow...

#5 Mummy pig

Mummy pig

Emo princess

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15403 posts
  • LocationIn my own little bubble, surrounded by pillows and blankets. Drinking tea and listening to my music, watching Netflix and Disney+.

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:22 PM

im close to your age, also with a chronic illness. i fin it harder to lose now than i did, lets say 10 years ago. i think age defiantly plays a roll.

Lowest weight:123lb

Start weight : 165lb

#6 Queen of fatness

Queen of fatness

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 04:01 AM

40 also with chronic illness and yes I also find it really difficult to lose

#7 SacredFaeriesrevengequest

SacredFaeriesrevengequest

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:00 PM

I am on day 7 of the ABC diet at 28 years old and 168.6 as of this morning at 5 foot 6. I am determined to prove that it can still be done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users