How to avoid passing out when exercising - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to avoid passing out when exercising

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cathrine.

Cathrine.

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:38 AM

So I'm going to a really hard fitness class soon and I've only had coffee w milk so far today. Any tips on what I can eat or drink to avoid passing out during exercise? I'm having a bad day today, and dreading food...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#2 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:44 AM

Some protein even if its small will help. It helps me.
  • Cathrine. likes this
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#3 Sugar_Witch

Sugar_Witch

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1674 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:45 AM

If you're in danger of passing out, I say dont do heavy exercise.

Passing out is so dangerous, if you hit your head on exercise equipment or a hard floor it could seriously injure or kill you. Its not worth the risk. Rest and do your best to take care of your body, try to eat something if thats at all possible.
  • Cathrine. likes this

#4 AlienThinspired

AlienThinspired

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts
  • Locationbrisbane australia

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:50 AM

blood sugar... blood pressure, hydrate and try cinnamon to balance your blood sugar and maybe some low gi carb like oats ... to balance blood sugar and slow release energy ... please keep up your fluids and electrolytes if your exercising a lot!

• Cathrine. likes this

#5 AlienThinspired

AlienThinspired

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts
  • Locationbrisbane australia

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:53 AM

even add a teaspoon of cinnamon to your coffee...  but id recommend oats as well and you will burn it , like 1/3 cup of raw oats is 115/120 cals.. but takes about 60 cals to digest it so your 60 cals will be well burnt off in cadio just will have the energy to do so 

• Cathrine. likes this

#6 XTOЯT

XTOЯT

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:10 AM

id recommend just having something small, a rice cake or something, but if you seriously cant do that, dont go too heavy and just drink a fuckton of water
  • Cathrine. likes this

𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖘 

sw: 48.4kg

cw: nunya

ugw: 35kg

a183849c2661aa277a96b50da0b498f7.gif

fec5199165113fed42ccd72333c5083e.gif

#7 Cathrine.

Cathrine.

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:13 AM

Thank you so much! Honestly, I think I just needed some encouragement from people who get it... I've bought some oatmeal with apple and cinnamon and will try to eat as much of it as i can. I don't have anyone irl to talk to about this so it feels so nice to hear your input since I know you are like me

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#8 Lovelybonespook

Lovelybonespook

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationKentucky USA

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:45 AM

When you exercise you need to eat something. Get some BCAA powder (it has electrolytes and helps your muscles recover) and is recommend a protein shake if you can’t stomach solid food.
If you can some carbs are good in the form of whole grains. Oatmeal, rice, pasta, whatever you fancy.
I love making chicken breast with rice and vegetables. It doesn’t have to be a lot but you need something.

4 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup dry rice (makes 1/2 cup cooked) and two cups of cooked cauliflower is a lot of food and is only 421 calories 👌🏼

Don’t eat under 500 calories and exercise and expect not to feel like garbage. I eat 1000 a day and exercise and I feel like mild trash but it’s doable.
BMI: 17.2
CW: 111 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
LW: 95 lbs
HW: 126 lbs

#9 strugglingsoprano

strugglingsoprano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

Electrolytes electrolytes electrolytes electrolytes electrolytes.

I like the 0 cal powerades. I ran my best 5k ever after a day of drinking that stuff with no other diet change. 

"Pleasures are for worldly people"

#10 Livz2021

Livz2021

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:23 AM

I agree electrolytes before during and after. I make myself eat a small banana before workout if I'm feeling Very weak but I hate eating before exercise so I go to gym first thing in morning to avoid it. I also carry glucose tablets in my bag so if I feel dizzy I take one or two they are 15 Cal's each. They really help me but they are meant for diabetics. So I do know they are not ideal but they are my saviour on many occasions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users