does sodium affect you much? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

does sodium affect you much?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mappeol

mappeol

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:38 AM

I know personally foods high in sodium make me pack on a lot of water weight. Do you find yourself more or less sensitive to sodium? Do you avoid it or just dont care?

ad70cefc07fad5b82a8ae2875dd98712.gif

zwaor69.gif?1

#2 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3140 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:41 AM

Used to not affect me, but now im missing a gland and have neuropathy, both those things cause swelling, so now it does and i have to drink enough water or dehydration causes migraine, and nerve pain in my head.
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#3 morningbird

morningbird

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:56 AM

never tracked it tbh. as a mostly clean-ish vegan i don’t think i have that much anyway but my weight does fluctuate quite a lot... but i try to just trust cico and the fact that i can’t gain if i’m on a deficit, so i’m pretty good at ignoring water weight etc by this point
  • rikke likes this
Finally back from the hospital and idk just trying never to have to go in there again

#4 Lauren sp0

Lauren sp0

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:15 AM

Not really

#5 iamalive

iamalive

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:32 AM

It depends…a little salt or infrequent intake of minimal amounts of high sodium things aren’t a big deal. But if I’m not careful I bloat and hold water

#6 rikke

rikke

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationAB, canada

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:36 AM

yeah, i usually get sodium bloat pretty bad the next day, but if i drink water & wait it goes away fast.

carbs (i'm looking at u fibre....) are the real killer for me tho, the food weight is ridiculous & lingers for daysssss :-/
sweet emptied arms called worth and habit.
rikke's accountability

#7 flytothemoon

flytothemoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:14 PM

i know its bad but i tend to avoid sodium because of retention and i hate not being able to see my "real" weight. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users