Loose skin & body dysmorphia - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Loose skin & body dysmorphia

Body dysmorphia Loose skin Overweight Obese

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SatanDrankMyCoffee

SatanDrankMyCoffee

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1478 posts
  • LocationHell's Throne

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

So far I’ve lost 90lbs and I’ve been left with loose skin. I didn’t think it would be that bad when I first started losing weight but the issue is becoming more apparent. I also feel like I’m much bigger than I am due to the loose skin distorting my view of myself.
I really just wanted to post this to feel less alone-has anyone else dealt with this? How do you combat it? General thoughts and feelings?

For reference:
HW: 284lbs
CW: 193lbs

tumblr_mh8luhvnW31rggpbzo1_500.gif

Life is hard, accepting it is harder

#2 OrigamiEyes

OrigamiEyes

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 01:21 AM

You are absolutely not alone. I struggle with this every day -- went from 275 to 124 over about 2 years (though lost 100 of it in 10 months) and it is rough, seeing all of the skin left. This is maybe a bit graphic, but it kind of feels like living inside a burlap sack made of skin, loose folds you can get caught up in.

I've considered surgery, but you need to be weight stable for at least 6 months and I'm not done losing yet...

So I just try to suck it up (literally!) and know that I'll drop another pants size or two once the extra skin is all gone.

Also, I definitely recommend a compression/ support garment, especially if you're wearing something to a nice event. It'll smooth everything out and you won't feel quite as "loose" or at least, I didnt.
  • SatanDrankMyCoffee likes this

#3 SatanDrankMyCoffee

SatanDrankMyCoffee

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1478 posts
  • LocationHell's Throne

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:30 AM

You are absolutely not alone. I struggle with this every day -- went from 275 to 124 over about 2 years (though lost 100 of it in 10 months) and it is rough, seeing all of the skin left. This is maybe a bit graphic, but it kind of feels like living inside a burlap sack made of skin, loose folds you can get caught up in.

I've considered surgery, but you need to be weight stable for at least 6 months and I'm not done losing yet...

So I just try to suck it up (literally!) and know that I'll drop another pants size or two once the extra skin is all gone.

Also, I definitely recommend a compression/ support garment, especially if you're wearing something to a nice event. It'll smooth everything out and you won't feel quite as "loose" or at least, I didnt.

Thank you!

Sometimes it just really hits me that actually I’m gonna have this loose skin unless I go under the knife and that’s a bit upsetting to me 😅

tumblr_mh8luhvnW31rggpbzo1_500.gif

Life is hard, accepting it is harder

#4 Queen of fatness

Queen of fatness

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 05:43 AM

Yep. I lost 100 pounds 218 -118, but have gained a few back now. I think the misery of the dysmorphia was really at an all time high at my lower weight and being left with the skin sack has driven me to misery eating 20 pounds back on. I feel like what’s even the point if the point if that’s what I’m left with? If I’ll never be happy anyway why even try
  • *BeautyInTheBreakdown* likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Body dysmorphia, Loose skin, Overweight, Obese

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users