Can acid reflux affect absorption of Vyvanse for BED? - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Can acid reflux affect absorption of Vyvanse for BED?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MushroomBrat97

MushroomBrat97

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:20 PM

Ok so I'm on 70mg of Vyvanse and it was working for nearly 2 months I had no urges to binge but for this past week I relapsed with binging and purging and I thought maybe it's time for a tolerance break but all the sudden today the medication is working really well again. I am diagnosed with acid reflux and this past week it's been really bad along with wheezing and coughing bc I ran out of my Omeprazole but once I got a refill and started taking it within a few days my Vyvanse is working well again. Is it possible that all the stomach acid is making the Vyvanse ineffective and now that I'm back on the stomach pills that it's the reason my Vyvanse is suppressing my appetite again like it's supposed to? I googled it but it won't give me a solid answer it just talks about avoiding orange juice and stuff
  • A journey of unrest likes this

SW-274 HW-274 CW-255.7 GW-115 GW2-125 (after building muscle) Gender-FTM trans male. UGW-N/A Current BMI-don’t know and don’t care Goal BMI-20 Goal BMI 2-22 (after building muscle) Age-24

#2 A journey of unrest

A journey of unrest

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:27 PM

Bump!

This is a really interesting question. I feel like it could be affecting it though I'm not totally sure.

Hopefully someone here will have a better answer for you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Soulina

Soulina

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:58 PM

Vyvanse wont work forever for most as appetite suppressant. For me it does, but to most no. (I am taking it to ADHD and have been taking meds for 11 years and still they take hunger away), also Vyvanse does not get adsorbed in the stomach but in the small intestine so I don´t think acid reflux would make a differece. I also have it and see now difference, the the effect starts slower and last longer if I eat heavy before I take the meds.  

• MushroomBrat97 likes this

-

We're gonna do it, going so high
We'll play all night, put away your exhaustion
I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it too
I showed myself to you so show yourself to me too
I want you to hug me
What do I do about this?
I caught attention seeking illness because of you
I don't know why I'm being like this
Why do I wanna do bad things?

-

NCT127 - Baby Don´t Like it

My stats:

Spoiler

My Threads:

Soulina´s thinspo dump (male K-pop idols)

Soulina´s rant thread  (random whining)

Soulina´s accountability (with NCT memes)

cd4170b82da77076799dba9db01c3408.gif

#4 MushroomBrat97

MushroomBrat97

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:45 AM

Vyvanse wont work forever for most as appetite suppressant. For me it does, but to most no. (I am taking it to ADHD and have been taking meds for 11 years and still they take hunger away), also Vyvanse does not get adsorbed in the stomach but in the small intestine so I don´t think acid reflux would make a differece. I also have it and see now difference, the the effect starts slower and last longer if I eat heavy before I take the meds.

It's hard to say what's going on bc today I felt alot of anger and alot of times when I get moody I can go hours without eating but for the past week it's been non stop binging and purging. I don't know what makes today different bc like u said the meds don't curb ur appetite forever and I doubt the effects of it come and go or maybe they do stop working at times and work better other days. I hear that your supposed to avoid acidic foods for an hour after u take so that the drug absorbs correctly. I don't remember exactly what I ate in the past week during the time I took the pill but ik I probably did have orange juice. But I also had that today and I ended up not eating anything after breakfast until 9pm so idk it could be my agitated mood. I wish I knew for sure so that I can decide if I need a tolerance break from it or not :/

SW-274 HW-274 CW-255.7 GW-115 GW2-125 (after building muscle) Gender-FTM trans male. UGW-N/A Current BMI-don’t know and don’t care Goal BMI-20 Goal BMI 2-22 (after building muscle) Age-24

#5 Soulina

Soulina

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 04:57 AM

It's hard to say what's going on bc today I felt alot of anger and alot of times when I get moody I can go hours without eating but for the past week it's been non stop binging and purging. I don't know what makes today different bc like u said the meds don't curb ur appetite forever and I doubt the effects of it come and go or maybe they do stop working at times and work better other days. I hear that your supposed to avoid acidic foods for an hour after u take so that the drug absorbs correctly. I don't remember exactly what I ate in the past week during the time I took the pill but ik I probably did have orange juice. But I also had that today and I ended up not eating anything after breakfast until 9pm so idk it could be my agitated mood. I wish I knew for sure so that I can decide if I need a tolerance break from it or not :/

Oh, and to me Vyvanse (or Elvanse that is the brand name in Europe) never had effect on hormonal cravings, it could be those. Everything else it takes away except the ones I have before period. So it could be hormonal thing and it should pass on its own. I have few days around the ovulation and then almost week before the period just getting worse everyday until the period starts. 

-

We're gonna do it, going so high
We'll play all night, put away your exhaustion
I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it too
I showed myself to you so show yourself to me too
I want you to hug me
What do I do about this?
I caught attention seeking illness because of you
I don't know why I'm being like this
Why do I wanna do bad things?

-

NCT127 - Baby Don´t Like it

My stats:

Spoiler

My Threads:

Soulina´s thinspo dump (male K-pop idols)

Soulina´s rant thread  (random whining)

Soulina´s accountability (with NCT memes)

cd4170b82da77076799dba9db01c3408.gif

#6 MushroomBrat97

MushroomBrat97

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 09:00 PM

Oh, and to me Vyvanse (or Elvanse that is the brand name in Europe) never had effect on hormonal cravings, it could be those. Everything else it takes away except the ones I have before period. So it could be hormonal thing and it should pass on its own. I have few days around the ovulation and then almost week before the period just getting worse everyday until the period starts.

It's crazy u say that because I've spent my whole day trying to figure out if I have undiagnosed pmdd bc this always happens before I get my period and I always end up in the hospital towards the end of the month. When I was a teenager I remember being out of the hospital for 2 years straight on birth control but I stopped it when I turned 18 and all hell broke loose. I just wish I knew for sure if this is a hormone reaction issue but theirs really no way of knowing for sure and I keep getting misdiagnosed with bipolar 1 when I'm not even fully manic I just have a bad temper and it so happens to be around this time of the month. Today was the worst I punched the wall and the picture fell and shattered and my anger continued than all the sudden I felt something and it turned out to be the time of the month and after it started the anger suddenly lessened. This has happened countless times and I keep assuming it's a coincidence because I was convinced by everyone that it's my BPD. I honestly think I have pmdd and it's worsening my impulsivity bc usually I'm able to deal with chronic feelings of emptiness,betrayal and abandonment with escapism and talking gibberish all day and being silly. I've been doing that for years to mask my pain but I always explode at the end of the month and go through brief periods of severe suicidal ideation and staying up all night thinking about how and if I should act on it but something would always trigger my true feelings to come out like a friend or family member treating me a certain way or a girl I went to school with denying my friend request, or a friend ignoring me. It's never out of nowhere but i see a pattern of it happening at the end of the month. Perhaps maybe my pmdd triggers me to over react to things I usually hold in and the loss of friendships as a result of me lashing out triggers my borderline breakdown and splitting. Idk and not knowing is aggravating because I don't know how to get better if I don't know where this is all coming from and I'm so afraid of my anger :/

#7 skinnyfroggy

skinnyfroggy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:41 PM

Should I not take Vyvanse on an empty stomach? I always take it before breakfast
Height: 62.25in
HW: 246.5lbs
LW 2015: 140
LW 2020: 208.7
GW1: 219.5
GW2: 199.5
GW3: 180
UGW: 165

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users