So i've been accumulating some tips and tricks to help decrease my appetite. I hope you find these helpful, I have included my sources incase you want to look into things further! Feel free to give some more tips below ♡
♡ Appetite Decreasing ♡
1. Visualizing yourself eating the foods you crave is believed to help you stop craving them.
2. Before you snack take a deep breath and count to 100. By the time you've reached 100 you will likely not want it anymore.
3. Eat more protein, it keeps you satisfied for longer - 20-30% of your intake is ideal. (meat, greek yogurt, beans and eggs)
4. Drink water before each meal, having soup as a starter also helps to fill you.
5. Drink 1.5liters a day.
6. Eat more fibre - it doesn't break down the same way as other foods so stays in your system for longer keeping you full.
7. Exercise before each meal "appetite hormones are suppressed immediately after exercise, especially high-intensity workouts."
8. Eat high volume low calorie foods such as veg.
9. Mindful eating - focus on your food, not tv or your phone.
10. Eat using smaller dishes.
11. Sleep well (more than 6 hours) - lack of sleep can increase your appetite by 24%.
12. Eat Omega 3 fats - increases the fullness hormone leptin.
13. Snack on high protein foods rather than convenience food like chocolate.