I ruined everything - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I ruined everything

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 centipedetails

centipedetails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:48 AM

I had a good weekend! Figured out what I wanna do! Ate normally so I could do the ABC diet on the weekdays! Spoiled myself a little, didn't look at the calories, no big deal! Started the weekend at 202.4lbs, expected to maybe go up to 203-4 but no more than that, since I know I wasn't eating excessively.

And then I weighed myself this morning, and it's fucking 207.4lbs. I was so close to getting out of the 200s, and now it feels like all my progress has been rendered null and void. I fucking hate myself. Why can't I get out of this godforsaken weight bracket. I'm gonna be an obese pig till I die.

~ stats! ~

height: 5'8"

SW: 212lbs - BMI 32.1 (obese)

CW: 203.4lbs - BMI 31.2 (obese)
GW1: 190lbs - BMI 28.8 (overweight)
GW2: 170lbs - BMI 25.7 (overweight)
GW3: 140lbs - BMI 21.2 (healthy weight)
UGW: 120lbs - 18.1 (underweight)

~  =========== ~

thewondersof.gif

#2 Sigmund Schlomo Freud

Sigmund Schlomo Freud

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:37 AM

Hey, don’t worry, the abc diet is extremely restrictive and you shouldn’t be eating that little anyway. The transition between eating so little and then eating ‘normally’ for 2 days will 100% not make you gain 3lbs of actual fat, I promise! It is most likely water being stored in your body, which is caused by eating higher amounts of carbohydrates and sodium. I would recommend eating at a stable calorie limit all days of the week, no less than 1000cals, drink lots of water and limit salt intake. Don’t bother weighing yourself the day after eating more than you would usually - the scale will definitely show a higher number but it is not fat! Just harmless h2o
  • Jemma9292 and centipedetails like this

#3 centipedetails

centipedetails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:03 AM

Hey, don’t worry, the abc diet is extremely restrictive and you shouldn’t be eating that little anyway. The transition between eating so little and then eating ‘normally’ for 2 days will 100% not make you gain 3lbs of actual fat, I promise! It is most likely water being stored in your body, which is caused by eating higher amounts of carbohydrates and sodium. I would recommend eating at a stable calorie limit all days of the week, no less than 1000cals, drink lots of water and limit salt intake. Don’t bother weighing yourself the day after eating more than you would usually - the scale will definitely show a higher number but it is not fat! Just harmless h2o

Thanks dude, this helped pull me out of a pretty nasty self-hate spiral. I really appreciate you taking the time out your day to calm me down with some actual facts and logic :,)

~ stats! ~

height: 5'8"

SW: 212lbs - BMI 32.1 (obese)

CW: 203.4lbs - BMI 31.2 (obese)
GW1: 190lbs - BMI 28.8 (overweight)
GW2: 170lbs - BMI 25.7 (overweight)
GW3: 140lbs - BMI 21.2 (healthy weight)
UGW: 120lbs - 18.1 (underweight)

~  =========== ~

thewondersof.gif

#4 OnceUponADream117

OnceUponADream117

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:05 AM

I’m sorry you’re struggling. If it’s an consolation, it’s very likely water weight, and you can lose it in no time. I know it’s hard tho and your feelings are valid. I know you can do it! We’re rooting for you!
>Height: 5’3”
>Age: 30
>Female
-HW: 300 lbs - 11/2017
-LW: 128 lbs - 08/2020
-SW: 185 lbs - 10/17/2021
*CW: 170.8 lbs - 10/26/2021
GW1: 160 lbs - Halloween
GW2: 140 lbs - Thanksgiving
GW3: 127 lbs - New LW! - Christmas Day
GW4: 99 lbs - Double Digits - Valentine’s Day
GW5: 96 lbs - 17 BMI
UGW: 73 lbs - AKA death lolololol
*I will not interact with minors.*
“No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.” -Cinderella 💕

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users