Chocolate Mono 5 days starting October 20, 2021 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Chocolate Mono 5 days starting October 20, 2021

Chocolate mono Mono Chocolate mono diet Mono diet

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 code:002

code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:44 PM

Hello, I am Miku (I am new here).

I have properly done research about the the chocolate mono diet and will attempt it for 5 days starting from tomorrow and will be sharing my results here. My BMI is 20.5 currently so I will be eating 400-450g of plain milk chocolate everyday.

It's nice for me to take a break from hunger and calorie counting, and maybe finally get some good sleep.

I will do my best to answer questions and I will update every morning.

#2 rikke

rikke

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:33 PM

yeesh, 5 days ?? good luck  :o

i'm 11 hours into a dark chocolate mono right now and i've dropped 2.6lbs (1.2kg), but i feel beyond nauseous, i'm probably gonna have to bail soon if this keeps up. my energy levels are OK, but i feel absolutely terrible lol.

hopefully milk chocolate will be a better experience for you ... make sure you drink enough water, stay safe <3

• code:002 likes this
sweet emptied arms called worth and habit.

#3 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:00 AM

OK I hope I'm replying to Rikke rn.

Oof, I hope it's tolerable! Tho dropping 1.2kg sounds pretty nice. I'm actually feeling fine today. The last time and first time I did a chocolate mono I felt like I had a fever. I also lost more weight with high sugar chocolates than sugar free chocolate.

Thanks and you stay safe too♥

#4 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:25 AM

yeesh, 5 days ?? good luck  :o

i'm 11 hours into a dark chocolate mono right now and i've dropped 2.6lbs (1.2kg), but i feel beyond nauseous, i'm probably gonna have to bail soon if this keeps up. my energy levels are OK, but i feel absolutely terrible lol.

hopefully milk chocolate will be a better experience for you ... make sure you drink enough water, stay safe <3

OK I hope I'm replying to Rikke rn.

Oof, I hope it's tolerable! Tho dropping 1.2kg sounds pretty nice. I'm actually feeling fine today- The last time and first time I did a chocolate mono I felt like I had a fever. I also lost more weight with high sugar chocolates than with sugar free ones.

Thanks and you stay safe too <3 :wub: 

• rikke likes this

#5 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:45 AM

Day 1:

I ate Nutella and 2 other different brands of milk chocolate, a total of 315g. I might have more later for dinner just to reach my grand limit but I don't rly want to.

I got my period 2 days ago, so I do expect it to affect the weight loss a bit. I hope not too much. I feel very bloated. :mellow: Not very happy with that.

I'm feeling fine today. I (very luckily) don't get many problems from menstruation except for dramatic emotional mood swings (lol it's funny tbh)

I'm craving anything salty and savory rn...

• VancouverGirl likes this

#6 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 03:40 PM

Day 1 Night update. I could eat a lot of chocolate without feeling sick today, unless the other times I attempted a mono diet. Idk what that means... Anyways I managed to eat a bunch more mixed milk chocolate, some were smarties and some with hazelnut cream and peanut cream

#7 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 03:46 PM

I didn't care about the peanut cream filling because Nutella has hazelnut cream filling and it works like magic for many. I landed on a total of 530g. And it seems like my period has stopped,I think that it's a sign that my body isn't absorbing the calories? Because when I eat at maintainance (calorie wise, doesn't matter if it's junk food or healthy) I always bleed a lot of blood, up to 7 days! It feels like I barely changed pads this time.

#8 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 03:50 PM

What I love about this diet is that I can finally feel less tense all the time and finally feel sleepy. Omg! Good night.

#9 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 01:13 AM

Day 2: I maintained. (+15g weight lol)
I'm going to keep going. I'll try lowering the amount a bit today and not eat after 7PM.

#10 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 02:54 PM

I decided to quit this diet because I really don't like it. I think this diet is more suitable for breaking plateus. Results: I maintained.
  • slavicbagel likes this

#11 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:44 AM

Update: I have done the chocolate mono a few more times. It works really well to remove binge weight for me (I usually lose 0.5kg - 0.8kg of the binge water weight in a day), more than fasting the day after binging which makes me feel unmotivated and leads me into a cycle of binging and fasting and even b/p. I have never gained weight on a chocolate mono day, tho I have gained like 10-20 grams of weight (yes I have a very precise body weight scale) when I did double monos or did half a day of mono with half a day eating (with a 4 hr fasting gap in between.) Tho the good results since I started doing chocolate mono days are that I've been purge free for 2 weeks now and binge wayyy less than before. The idea of being totally binge free and purge free is a huge dream for me, so if chocolate monos can give me a kickstart on that, I'll do them! A chocolate mono day also makes me crave healthy food like lettuce and eggs really badly, looking at pictures of junk food would make me sick!

My tips on chocolate mono:

• Using one brand of chocolate is more effective than mixing different brands.
  • For me, mixing white chocolate and milk chocolate was OK. It didn't affect anything.
  • Drink a lot of water! Everything about a chocolate mono is theoretical ofc but I think some points of doing monos with foods with sugary foods that melt is that 1) the sugar speeds up your metabolism like hell 2) the body isn't supposed to have enough time to absorb all the sugar, you pee most the sugar out.
  • chocolate mono is less effective for me when I'm on my period, I'd maintain.
  • You're supposed to decide how much you eat per day based off your BMI, but the general rule of thumb is eat no more than 400g of chocolate a day. When other mono dieters exceeded their gram limit they maintained their weight, I did too.

Hugs, Miku. :wub:

#12 That_edgy_rabbit

That_edgy_rabbit

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:44 AM

Gl!

if I come of as rude I probably don’t mean it.

Things I drew recently:

Spoiler

#13 Seidenraupe

Seidenraupe

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:38 AM

At first i've fell in love with chocolate mono bc it made me look sick very quick

Spoiler

Spoiler
He wouldn't be proud
Spoiler

#14 skyxwalker

skyxwalker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:49 AM

i did a chocolate mono for 3 days but i only ate 200g of chocolate ( aprox 1200 cals) so it was basically restricting but i lost a lot! i dont how much it was exactly but ig 2-3kg?

#15 code:002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:18 AM

i did a chocolate mono for 3 days but i only ate 200g of chocolate ( aprox 1200 cals) so it was basically restricting but i lost a lot! i dont how much it was exactly but ig 2-3kg?

I lose like a kilo a day the first two days and then it stops.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chocolate mono, Mono, Chocolate mono diet, Mono diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users