Hi this is me - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Hi this is me

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BublyKat

BublyKat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:00 AM

Hello everyone good morning, noon, or evening where you are. I wanted to make an intro post so hi this is me. I'm 28 years old and finishing college soon. I've been battling EDNOS for a while now and I have never been diagnosed with anything so that's my best guess. I have been dealing with these things since 2011 so unfortunately I haven't really found a way around it or through it but I'm trying my best to live a healthier life. I look forward to meeting new people with the same or similar experiences and different as well. I'd like to think of this as a safe space for myself. Anyways. You can call me Kat as I don't like to put my actual name anywhere. I'm Kat nice to meet all of you. 

• rainandcoffee likes this

#2 Mitsy

Mitsy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:37 PM

hi kat. congrats on college! that's huge, especially while navigating an  Ed.  my experience is an ED is something you learn to manage, not something you get through. glad you are trying to be healthy. i hope you can use this community to support that goal

5'3"

cw 109

hw 155

lw 75

sw117

gw 105

ugw maintain above 100 below 115

F*** you ED!

#3 LadyMidday

LadyMidday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:48 PM

Hi Kat! We are in the similar place in life so to speak.
I have finished my bachelor's degree and now going for master's in English. I'm 23, and dealing with this since 2012.
Never diagnosed just like you, so I don't know what exactly I should call it. EDNOS or just ED sticks well enough.

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.” - E.A. Poe

SW: 69,7kg     CW: 67kg    GW: 60- 55- 50kg

#4 BublyKat

BublyKat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:24 AM

hi kat. congrats on college! that's huge, especially while navigating an Ed. my experience is an ED is something you learn to manage, not something you get through. glad you are trying to be healthy. i hope you can use this community to support that goal

Thank you very much, I truly appreciate the support. Nice to meet you. Yes I’m almost finished with my bachelors degree, finally.

#5 BublyKat

BublyKat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:25 AM

Hi Kat! We are in the similar place in life so to speak.
I have finished my bachelor's degree and now going for master's in English. I'm 23, and dealing with this since 2012.
Never diagnosed just like you, so I don't know what exactly I should call it. EDNOS or just ED sticks well enough.

its good to know I’m not alone. Wow that’s amazing going for your master’s degree. My program is paralegal studies and my goal is to work in a law office someday or possibly even bigger things on the horizon.

#6 Mitsy

Mitsy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:44 PM

Thank you very much, I truly appreciate the support. Nice to meet you. Yes I’m almost finished with my bachelors degree, finally.

what are you studying? I'm also wrapping up my bachelors. ill be 25 when i graduate, so i feel that finally. I have had to take a lot of quarters part time or completely off due to my ED, but hey! we did it and that's pretty amazing! 

i was diagnosed with AN in 2011

5'3"

cw 109

hw 155

lw 75

sw117

gw 105

ugw maintain above 100 below 115

F*** you ED!

#7 rainandcoffee

rainandcoffee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:46 AM

hi Kat! all the best with college

• BublyKat likes this

they/them

ednos & bpd

cbmi: 28.9

gbmi: 19.0

#8 BublyKat

BublyKat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:11 AM

what are you studying? I'm also wrapping up my bachelors. ill be 25 when i graduate, so i feel that finally. I have had to take a lot of quarters part time or completely off due to my ED, but hey! we did it and that's pretty amazing!
i was diagnosed with AN in 2011

I’m studying paralegal studies to become a paralegal or an office assistant honestly with all the knowledge it provides stepping stones for a bunch of different job opportunities. I’ll be 29 when I graduate 😅. I was never diagnosed so I think it’s safe to say I’ve got EDNOS.

#9 BublyKat

BublyKat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:11 AM

hi Kat! all the best with college

Thank you very much 💗.
  • rainandcoffee likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users