Come here if you need to get back on track after a binge - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Come here if you need to get back on track after a binge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Isy Rots

Isy Rots

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3526 posts
  • LocationHogsmead

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:06 AM

Hey guys, so I've recently just got off a bad binging period, and I just wanted to share how I'm managing to get back on track after about 3 weeks of binging. I think it'd be awesome if you guys could all post your best methods for how you get back on track after a binge, so then it might help someone else who reads it. Every one is different so please don't be disheartened if one thing doesn't work, you can always try something else!! 

How I get back on track after a binge: 

The rest of the night after:

Distraction techniques - Go for a walk, listen to music, or study

Self love - After i binge I often find it hard to have a bath, coz I cant stand to see myself naked, but I find having a bath anyway is relaxing and will make me feel a bit better. Plus a hot bath helps some of the water weight and bloat go down. 

Exercise - I normally do some light stretches or pilates to help the bloat go down so I feel less fat and more relaxed. 

The next day: 

I get up around 9am, and then like to do a guided meditation for recovering from emotional eating while im still in bed. This honestly just changes my perspective and helps give me back that sense of control and self forgiveness I need to get through the day. Here's the link if you're interested:

Then, I study and keep busy all day, eating a small meal every 2hrs, and having a 0kcal "filler" every hour (e.g. water, diet coke, tea, coffee) - though try to have water as a filler where possible, as it's better for your teeth. :) 

9am - black coffee. 

10am - 0kcal filler (diet coke, tea, coffee, water, hot water)

11am - breakfast 

12pm - 0kcal filler (diet coke, tea, coffee, water, hot water)

1pm - lunch

2pm - 0kcal filler (diet coke, tea, coffee, water, hot water)

3pm - snack

4pm - 0kcal filler (diet coke, tea, coffee, water, hot water)

5pm - snack

6pm - 0kcal filler (diet coke, tea, coffee, water, hot water)

7pm - dinner

8pm - 0kcal filler (diet coke, tea, coffee, water, hot water)

9pm - snack before bed (helps me to have an evening snack as I suffer from evening binging)

I know this may seem like a lot but for me it helps calm me and just get my body out of that crazy ravenous binge mode, by teaching it that food will come often and there's no need to stress. Eating little and often also helps shrink my stomach, and having the fillers helps until your stomach shrinks after about 5 days of this when you wont feel hungry anywhere near as much anymore. 

Whats your favourite ways to get off a binge guys? :D

• H h o p e, gennevieve and loserlosericefordinner like this

5ft 9in

HW: 185lbs

LW: 132lbs

CW: 145lbs

BMI: 22ish

GW: 127lbs

Last binge: I haven't had a true, 6000kcal+ binge since 2017. I still have small binges these days, but they rarely go over 3000kcal. My maintenance is 2500kcal due to high exercise.  

Current Diet: I eat around 1500-2500 cals most days, which for me is enough deficit to lose. Every month or so I have under 1000cals for about a week, and I only ever go above 3000cals maybe once a month or less. I eat lots of vegetarian and vegan foods, lean meat and avoid bread (was always a binge trigger for me). I workout 30mins-2hrs every day, using YouTube tutorials to learn pilates, contortion, abs & ballet skills. YouTubers I watch most are Alivia D'Andrea, Anna McNulty and KMB Talent. 

You must master a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. You can't solve problems by using the same thinking you used when you created them. There are far better things ahead than anything we leave behind. 

The first to apologise is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. 

#2 H h o p e

H h o p e

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • Locationidk

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:19 AM

Oooo thank you!
  • Isy Rots likes this

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Who cares about the crowded broad avenue? I'll stick to my single-log bridge until it's dark.

^^─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

0jumyaV.gif

#3 Seidenraupe

Seidenraupe

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:23 AM

Just following!

• Isy Rots likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler
He wouldn't be proud
Spoiler

#4 gennevieve

gennevieve

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Location~*Dreamland*~

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:07 AM

I distract with youtube and fill up on 0/low cal food/drink for the rest of the day (or next day). I like to aim for <1000 - 1500/day for the next few days after as well.

• Isy Rots likes this

~Gennevieve the Green~

"You're not fat, you HAVE fat. Don't make it you're identity." -Freelee the Banana Girl

HW: 194

CW: 184 181.8 180.8 180.4 179.2 176.4 175.4 174.8 172.0

GW1: 170

CW: 169

GW2: 150

GW3: 140

GW4: 130

GW5: 120

GW6: 110

UGW: 100

------------

Insta: @gennevieve.thegreen