lax not working? - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

lax not working?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9412 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 04:18 PM

I don't have a high tolerance but lately been taking them more.. usually take the regular dose but tonight took 3 pills (normal dose is 2 pills). I was desperate and not thinking and I hate myself for it okay. but now wondering if it'll work quicker since I took a higher dose? or is it going to take the same amount of time as usual to work? 

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter

ask me things

accountability

#2 SimsAna

SimsAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 04:23 PM

It won't work quicker just maybe stay in your system for longer so after the initial visit to the toilet there will be a few more after it

#3 SimsAna

SimsAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 04:25 PM

Ps don't worry about taking 3 but don't get into the habit. Completely life destroying. Take care

#4 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9992 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 October 2021 - 04:33 PM

I have been abusing lax for almost 20 yrs now.

You will get more side effects like cramps, bloating and more likely to have diarrhoea.

As for the speed they work, probably no difference. But just be prepared for it to be more intense/frequent, when you do poop.

Also, it will make you more dehydrated so would be a good idea to keep your fluids up as dehydration makes laxative pain worse and can cause you to be constipated. So drinking more water will help you go to the toilet easier and.....well, get more out.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 170.5cms
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#5 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9412 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:50 PM

Ps don't worry about taking 3 but don't get into the habit. Completely life destroying. Take care

yeah the max I've gotten up to is around 8-12 idk it was many years ago now. started using them again at first for genuine reasons but now I panic and use them when I can't get everything up. don't want to go down that path I know there's so many people here who take tons of lax..I know it's stupid but currently waiting for treatment and my gag reflex is finally failing me after almost a year long relapse of b/ping multiple times a day so kind of spiralling rn.

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter

ask me things

accountability

#6 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9412 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:54 PM

I have been abusing lax for almost 20 yrs now.

You will get more side effects like cramps, bloating and more likely to have diarrhoea.

As for the speed they work, probably no difference. But just be prepared for it to be more intense/frequent, when you do poop.

Also, it will make you more dehydrated so would be a good idea to keep your fluids up as dehydration makes laxative pain worse and can cause you to be constipated. So drinking more water will help you go to the toilet easier and.....well, get more out.

thankyou so much I will make sure to drink a lot..I'm so stupid honestly idk why I thought this was a good idea. 

• not_my_body likes this

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter

ask me things

accountability

#7 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9412 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:31 AM

UPDATE: it's been 15 hours and nothing has happened. usually when I take 2 pills it works within 12 hours wtf I took 3 pills and nothing? 

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter

ask me things

accountability

#8 SimsAna

SimsAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:51 AM

UPDATE: it's been 15 hours and nothing has happened. usually when I take 2 pills it works within 12 hours wtf I took 3 pills and nothing?

Did you eat/drink something differently? Taken any other meds?

#9 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9412 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:11 AM

Did you eat/drink something differently? Taken any other meds?

about 30 mins after writing that it kicked in lmaoo just so weird it took longer when I took a higher dose than usual! but maybe because I ate twice since the last day I took lax and purged both times so I'm mostly empty. I only took them because the last time I purged I didn't feel like I got everything up bc my gag reflex is fucked. so that's probably why it took so long to work I guess bc there's not much for it to work on.

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter

ask me things

accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users