eating only packaged food? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

eating only packaged food?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lindemann

Lindemann

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • Locationwhere the wild roses grow

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:08 AM

guys i eat unhealthy af but i mean i can only calculate my calorie intake and at least %95 sure about it that way. i still lose but i feel bloated af which makes me feel fat even though i see less in scale

like i literally eat junk food but stay in the range of 500-800 calories 

anyone does that but it's not like i eat granola or things i just purely eat junk food but not that sugary things like crackers, cereals or stuff like that not like chocolate

"nothing really bothers her, she just wants to love herself."     

b1iVASm.gif 

xp9cDCA.gif

#2 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9412 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:16 AM

sometimes I'll eat packaged stuff for ease of calorie counting but really notice the difference in how I feel. packaged stuff often upsets your digestive system and causes water retention. there's so many bad additives etc in it too so try to eat more fresh foods if you can. whole foods are best try to learn some recipes then you'll have some go to snacks/meals. I know it's easier to eat package stuff though so no judgement but if you don't enjoy feeling like crap then try to make some changes.

• Lindemann, shadowbox3r and SpecNet like this

msgs broken sorry!

tumblr | twitter

ask me things

accountability

#3 I have hope

I have hope

Advanced Warrior

• Supporter
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouthwest U.S.

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Don't know if this helps but sometimes I sip really hot bone broth (or beef or veggie broth) out of a mug. It has that savory taste that makes me feel I'm getting protein and getting full. I'm always looking for good ideas also, and the most I can do is microwave.  :P

• Lindemann and SpecNet like this

#4 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4401 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:42 AM

It's not necessarily all junk food for me, but I totally eat mostly canned and processed food.

It's a convenience/stress thing. It's just less stressful to not have to worry about actually cooking a dinner when I can just cut open a can of veggies, sprinkle on a premade seasoning blend and open a pack of something, especially if my family is home or in the kitchen.
  • I have hope, yellow_sun, Lindemann and 1 other like this

#5 cream_tea

cream_tea

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 10:02 AM

I used to do this 'cuz my stomach is(somehow) still made of steel, and I just don't feel bloat usually. I tried stopping mostly because my mom likes to steal my food. Can't steal my food if it doesn't exist yet tho

• Lindemann likes this

they/them/theirs

Spoiler

#6 Dying2b3Th!n

Dying2b3Th!n

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3644 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 10:28 AM

I used to do that, but it wasnt junk food, that was at my worst cause i would freak out over unpackaged produce. At one point i wouldnt eat anything packaged or with sodium unless it was meat because i was paranoid about pesticides or something.
  • I have hope and Lindemann like this
Hw-165lbs lw-80lbs cw-144.2 lbs gw-105lbs when I was 17 years old hw- was 210 but I was just giving info on hw for this time around.
Thinness equals success, never give up, never give in!

#7 I have hope

I have hope

Advanced Warrior

• Supporter
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouthwest U.S.

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:45 PM

I just ordered a bunch of canned veggies, which I add spices to, with a bit of butter (EEK!) .    This is also because the stores seem to be out of so much stuff, I hope the canned food is in stock at least it will keep for a while.    Hahaha, ironic isn't it?  We are trying to cut down on food intake and yet I am panicked that the stores might run out ?!?!?   Such is my life. 

• Lindemann likes this

#8 flaneur

flaneur

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6248 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:49 PM

all i eat is processed junk food. tastes good and is easy for my lazy ass to prepare
  • I have hope and Lindemann like this

#9 I have hope

I have hope

Advanced Warrior

• Supporter
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouthwest U.S.

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:49 PM

It's not necessarily all junk food for me, but I totally eat mostly canned and processed food.

It's a convenience/stress thing. It's just less stressful to not have to worry about actually cooking a dinner when I can just cut open a can of veggies, sprinkle on a premade seasoning blend and open a pack of something, especially if my family is home or in the kitchen.

Exactly.  When I'm hungry I'm hungry NOW!   I don't like to cook, I barely like to microwave, I am now eating canned food/frozen food as much as possible. 

• MindOverFatter and Lindemann like this

#10 lost.in.netherworld

lost.in.netherworld

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:30 PM

Dealing with this rn, but for a different reason - I have contamination fears related to raw/fresh foods and it’s pretty bad rn so I live off of boxed cereals, granola bars, cans of tuna, frozen peas, and fruit snacks. It’s not healthy at all, but it’s at least something lol

|space dementia in your eyes,
your peace will arise,
and tear us apart,
and make us meaningless again|

🌕

🌖

🌗

🌘

🌑

✨Just want my existence to belong with the stars✨

#11 ☆PaisleySky☆

☆PaisleySky☆

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2575 posts
  • LocationPNW🌲

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:50 PM

I’m literally exactly the same lol, it saves time and effort if I don’t have to measure out ingredients and calculate the calories of each component individually. Plus it just tastes good. 🤷‍♀️ No shame here, it works for me just fine.

5'2"

CW 93 lbs 🐳

LW 76 lbs

Recovery failure.

✨Watch my relapse here✨

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users