Can heavy fasting lead to miscarriage? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Can heavy fasting lead to miscarriage?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 light-headed

light-headed

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 November 2021 - 07:50 AM

(especially in the early stages?)

Just a hypothetical question.

63 | 62 | 61 | 60 | 59 | 58 | 57 | 56 | 55 | 54 | 53 | 52 | 51 | 50 | 49 | 48 | 47 | 46 | 45 | ∞ |

138 | 137 | 136 | 135 | 134 | 133 | 132 | 131 | 130 | 129 | 128 | 127 |

| 126 125 | 124 | 123 | 122 | 121 | 120 | 119 | 118 | 117 | 116 | 115 | 114 | 113 | 112 | 111 | 110 | 109 |

108 | 107 | 106 | 105 | 104 | 103 | 102 | 101 | 100 | 99 | ∞ |

AN-R // orthorexia // anxiety

Spoiler

#2 AnonymousEDsufferer

AnonymousEDsufferer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:04 AM

Yes it can and will, if you are pregnant you definitely should not fast because the baby needs nutrients and if you don't take in enough of them your reserves will deplete first and then problems start to arise. Most water soluble vitamins and electrolytes will deplete first, then the fat soluble vitamins and calcium.

You should definitely not fast while pregnant and try to temporarily recover or at least seek help from an obgyn, they'll help you further.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hoping to reach my goals before 2022

#3 anarchiczera

anarchiczera

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3469 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:25 AM

I wonder if a person hypothetically ever got pregnant and wanted to abort if they could just induce a miscarriage via extended fast

-- ⚜ --

gw: as close to 0% body fat as I can manage

stats updated 01.2022

I just want to leave my mark... make people feel like they belong... make people happy... and be happy... if my chaos-ridden brain will let me do that...

I am not mortal, I am lunar energy trapped on earth... one day I will be able to return home to faraway stars where i belong..

If I am lucky, one day I will have the great honour of offering if only a little beauty to this world... there is none within me, but every day I still try to grow flowers in the wasteland.

37X2b47.png

31-25-34

repentance  •   purity  •  selflessness

disordered since ... like 2010?

#4 light-headed

light-headed

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 November 2021 - 09:37 AM

I wonder if a person hypothetically ever got pregnant and wanted to abort if they could just induce a miscarriage via extended fast

that's exactly what I was thinking about... because my fucking country banned abortion in almost all cases.

63 | 62 | 61 | 60 | 59 | 58 | 57 | 56 | 55 | 54 | 53 | 52 | 51 | 50 | 49 | 48 | 47 | 46 | 45 | ∞ |

138 | 137 | 136 | 135 | 134 | 133 | 132 | 131 | 130 | 129 | 128 | 127 |

| 126 125 | 124 | 123 | 122 | 121 | 120 | 119 | 118 | 117 | 116 | 115 | 114 | 113 | 112 | 111 | 110 | 109 |

108 | 107 | 106 | 105 | 104 | 103 | 102 | 101 | 100 | 99 | ∞ |

AN-R // orthorexia // anxiety

Spoiler

#5 WaterGoddess

WaterGoddess

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:21 PM

I’m not sure of your country but I found this long ago and thought it was fascinating. http://medicinalplants.us/abortion

SW: 170
UGW: 120
Every 5lbs is a goal reached.

4nTPbbb.png

#6 WaterGoddess

WaterGoddess

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:22 PM

You could also double up on your birth control pills if you take them.

SW: 170
UGW: 120
Every 5lbs is a goal reached.

4nTPbbb.png

#7 sarahaqua17

sarahaqua17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 02:35 AM

that's exactly what I was thinking about... because my fucking country banned abortion in almost all cases.

hey so if you’re in a pinch and feeling experimental, this is what i do as diy plan b. i’m really scared of plan b messing with my horomones and depression, and i don’t take birth control because i’ve had bad experiences with so many that i gave up, and i’m bi and don’t sleep with men very often anyway. but sometimes i realize i’ve been risky so this is what i do. it just triggers your period to come because it can’t implant and grow on a uterine lining that’s shedding! also obviously this is like ‘random college kid on the internet who heard from a friend of a friend’ quality advice and i have no evidence that it actually prevents or terminates pregnancy. but it does always make my period come so i suspect that it works.

what to do: get a bottle of gummy vitamin c vitamins (bc the gummies taste better any you’re gonna be eating a lot of them) and basically take one every hour or so (or a few every few hours whenever you remember, i’ve never really measured or kept track) and a few before bed so that it's consistently in your system. You pee out extra vitamin c so you cant just take it once a day. aim for like 10 a day idk? but a lot more than you’re supposed to take. do that for about three days and then stop completely (don't ween off). high vitamin c levels raise estrogen in your body, and in your cycle your period is triggered by a drop in estrogen, so going off vitamin c initiates that hormone change and makes your period start within a few days after you stop taking it.

i’ve never been pregnant so i’ve never done this to induce a miscarriage, but i learned about it from my roommate who’s friend in high school said she used it as a diy abortion multiple times. i haven’t been able to find much online unfortunately :/

also the only side effects i get is diarrhea sometimes but whatever
  • light-headed and foreigngirl like this

#8 foreigngirl

foreigngirl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1491 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 07:24 AM

hey so if you’re in a pinch and feeling experimental, this is what i do as diy plan b. i’m really scared of plan b messing with my horomones and depression, and i don’t take birth control because i’ve had bad experiences with so many that i gave up, and i’m bi and don’t sleep with men very often anyway. but sometimes i realize i’ve been risky so this is what i do. it just triggers your period to come because it can’t implant and grow on a uterine lining that’s shedding! also obviously this is like ‘random college kid on the internet who heard from a friend of a friend’ quality advice and i have no evidence that it actually prevents or terminates pregnancy. but it does always make my period come so i suspect that it works.

what to do: get a bottle of gummy vitamin c vitamins (bc the gummies taste better any you’re gonna be eating a lot of them) and basically take one every hour or so (or a few every few hours whenever you remember, i’ve never really measured or kept track) and a few before bed so that it's consistently in your system. You pee out extra vitamin c so you cant just take it once a day. aim for like 10 a day idk? but a lot more than you’re supposed to take. do that for about three days and then stop completely (don't ween off). high vitamin c levels raise estrogen in your body, and in your cycle your period is triggered by a drop in estrogen, so going off vitamin c initiates that hormone change and makes your period start within a few days after you stop taking it.

i’ve never been pregnant so i’ve never done this to induce a miscarriage, but i learned about it from my roommate who’s friend in high school said she used it as a diy abortion multiple times. i haven’t been able to find much online unfortunately :/

also the only side effects i get is diarrhea sometimes but whatever

Sounds good. I will actually do this. I also love vitamin C!

• sarahaqua17 likes this

#9 ChongusTheCat

ChongusTheCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 11:40 AM

Witamy w krolestwie PiSu, gdzie jeden stary dziad decyduje co miliony kobiet moga robic ze swoim cialem :(

(sory za ortografie, nie mam polskiej klawiatury :/)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users