taste and smell is f'd up - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

taste and smell is f'd up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 broseidon.

broseidon.

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • Locationkurt cobain's guitar case

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:39 AM

so i'm kinda confused and wondered if anyone had any advice or knowledge

so in the past five or six days, my smell and taste have been really weird. i had covid like four months ago, and every sense eventually got back to normal for about a month or two, but now it's not and it's weirding me out.

it's only with certain things, like coffee or meat or beans or nuts, but it all smells and tastes like this weird burnt body odor type thing, and it's kinda gross to say the least. i tried drinking a redbull the other day and couldn't get through a couple sips without it tasting like i was drinking somebody's armpit sweat. i've brushed my entire mouth like four times each day trying to see what's up with that, and that doesn't do anything. 

i ate hummus like two hours ago and that tasted and smelled fine, it's just with certain things - but also, when there's nothing in my mouth, i can still taste the odd thing. i don't know what's up.

if anybody has any suggestions or anything to fix it, please let me know. kind of awful. 

☁✧ ッ
far above the world, planet earth is blue
and there's nothing i can do.

#2 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1651 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 05:47 PM

so i'm kinda confused and wondered if anyone had any advice or knowledge

so in the past five or six days, my smell and taste have been really weird. i had covid like four months ago, and every sense eventually got back to normal for about a month or two, but now it's not and it's weirding me out.

it's only with certain things, like coffee or meat or beans or nuts, but it all smells and tastes like this weird burnt body odor type thing, and it's kinda gross to say the least. i tried drinking a redbull the other day and couldn't get through a couple sips without it tasting like i was drinking somebody's armpit sweat. i've brushed my entire mouth like four times each day trying to see what's up with that, and that doesn't do anything.

i ate hummus like two hours ago and that tasted and smelled fine, it's just with certain things - but also, when there's nothing in my mouth, i can still taste the odd thing. i don't know what's up.

if anybody has any suggestions or anything to fix it, please let me know. kind of awful.

Does your tongue look any different then normal?. Are you on any new meds?.

#3 broseidon.

broseidon.

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1664 posts
  • Locationkurt cobain's guitar case

Posted 15 November 2021 - 05:16 AM

Does your tongue look any different then normal?. Are you on any new meds?.

No, I've been on the same meds for months, and my tongue looks the same. 

It's also gotten about ten times worse lol. Laundry soap and shampoo smell awful, now, and all I can manage to stomach down is untoasted bread and white rice. Fruit and vegetables have the same gross taste now, too... It's driving me nuts. Though, in retrospect, I've lost maybe four pounds, so I'm vibing. 

☁✧ ッ
far above the world, planet earth is blue
and there's nothing i can do.

#4 healingfine

healingfine

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 07:38 AM

Certain medications and vitamins can do this, especially some antibiotics if you've had any of them recently?

#5 Willowind

Willowind

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 08:53 AM

Some people take a lot longer after having Covid to recover taste and smell. I saw a video of some girl who had Covid 8 months ago and still cannot taste!
  • broseidon. likes this

#6 Hachiko

Hachiko

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:44 PM

Could be a different variant of COVID. You should be testing and isolating.
  • existentialplastic likes this

Vegetarian for 25 years.

Diagnosed with endometriosis and severe depression and anxiety.

EUPD

"The fishermen know the sea is dangerous and the storms are terrible, but they have never found this sufficient reason to remain on shore." Vincent Van Gogh

Hannibal Lecter: "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

http://the-hunt-for-...blogspot.co.uk/

My battle with depression and endometriosis.

#Slimming World

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users