Irrational allergic reaction fear type ARFID - ARFID - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Irrational allergic reaction fear type ARFID

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MattyAwesome20_*

Guest_MattyAwesome20_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2021 - 06:37 AM

My ARFID comes from having extreme fear of dying from anaphylaxis or any food allergy reaction. as well as hefty Anxiety/panic disorder. My fears have gotten so bad that I even developed OCD because of intrusive thoughts. It's an irrational fear because I've never reacted to any food I've ever eaten. I just can't bring myself to try something new. I've been to an allergist and had my blood tested for food allergies and some came back that really surprised me because I've never had a reaction to them. I want to try new foods because I'm sick of this. I miss food so much. Is there anyone that might be able to help me get over this? What steps can I take? Is there anyone who actually has severe food allergies that can help walk me through what happens? Maybe if I understand it I can cope with it better? I don't know. I'm just trying to find a way. I've been on a waiting list for therapy for 4 months now. I know getting therapy is the #1 priority but any other tips or stories of ARFID survival would be so helpful. Thank you so much for the support all!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users