Help with hunger suppression. - Page 2 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Help with hunger suppression.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:51 AM

I agree with everyone else in saying that 200 cals is too low. 500-650 is what I find most manageable for the long term.

Essentially, the difference between 200 and 500 calories by the end of the week only amounts to 0.66 pounds. Which is alot less than a binge, at least for me.

Back to the topic though;

Warm soda in a can.. something super fizzy

Drink mustard in hot water, you'll be to nauseous to eat!

A shot of apple cider vinegar

Caffeine/ nicotine, of course

Thank you, and yes, I am finding that I am more likely to give up if it’s too low, but I am just wanting to rid myself of the excess weight, even more so now I made the mistake of realising how far I have to go to even get to the overweight category, then the normal weight category. 

ACV and mustard are good ideas, I quite like lemon in hot water. I need to try and get some diet pop when I have some money as that might help, I liked the white can monsters but they’re very expensive. I am trying caffeine, mainly black coffee as the milk calories soon add up it seems. Even with oat milk. I don’t like many of the dairy free milks so am better with it black.

I wish I could stop smoking as I can’t afford it, but maybe now isn’t the time when I need to shed the whale.

SW - 219 - 11th November 2021
CW - 195 current loss - 24lb
GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

steroid dose 24th Nov 10mg
steroid dose 28th Nov reduced to 5mg to see how I go.

#22 Wannafeellikemeagain123

Wannafeellikemeagain123

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 12:57 PM

Im now doing 6 days/week at 400/500cal max and then 1 day/week at 1000max- almost like a cheat day, though have struggled with my cheat day today as its just too much food , now feel sick

#23 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:25 PM

Im now doing 6 days/week at 400/500cal max and then 1 day/week at 1000max- almost like a cheat day, though have struggled with my cheat day today as its just too much food , now feel sick

It seems like you are doing really well, I have. Eased up twice this week by having calories laden dinners with my family but the other days I did okay,  it I’m scared to eat. I’ve just had a cracker with low fat spread for 36 calories, 3 pickled onions and a gherkin and am okay,  it I forgot how much I like the pickled onions and now I’m having to find some self control,not to go and scoff the rest  

GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

#24 Wannafeellikemeagain123

Wannafeellikemeagain123

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:43 PM

sugar free jelly (6kcal) kids apple slices if Im super hungry (48kcal) and warm (urgh) cups of tea get me through my day, and cigarettes, though cant smoke at work so not sure how im gonna cope on Friday
  • Carrie788 likes this

#25 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:50 PM

i lost 90 pounds eating 600 calories a day but my metabolism is very low, now i am on 700 calories a day and losing. if you go to low, its so unhealthy and you are likely to binge, you are at a higher weight, you will lose faster because of that, don't go to low, it will also mess with your metabolism

• Carrie788 likes this

SW 155

CW 119

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#26 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 24 November 2021 - 02:40 PM

i lost 90 pounds eating 600 calories a day but my metabolism is very low, now i am on 700 calories a day and losing. if you go to low, its so unhealthy and you are likely to binge, you are at a higher weight, you will lose faster because of that, don't go to low, it will also mess with your metabolism

THank you very much, yes that’s my worry of making myself worse and then giving up. Maybe I would crave less if I ate a little more, but now I’m in the mindset of being scared of eating anything already that I will gain again if I do. I think being so immobile and inactie makes that worse and how I can calculate calories when meds, my condition and my general now lower metabolism is added in I don’t know. 

but I have to eat something occasionally or I will have folk around me panic due to last history.

GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

#27 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 24 November 2021 - 02:46 PM

sugar free jelly (6kcal) kids apple slices if Im super hungry (48kcal) and warm (urgh) cups of tea get me through my day, and cigarettes, though cant smoke at work so not sure how im gonna cope on Friday

THank,you, sugar free jelly is a good idea, and if I slice the apples up I might be okay but choke trying to eat whole apples, I like tea and hot water with fresh lemon or lime juice, but all these bits of calories add up, hence I. Trying to be careful. I bought so diet pop today but don’t want to overindulge on that either. Even my instant coffee has calories black. I don’t wa t to miss calories as I will then ponder how I gained or didn’t lose when I’m consuming more than I thought

GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

#28 Wannafeellikemeagain123

Wannafeellikemeagain123

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 03:40 PM

THank,you, sugar free jelly is a good idea, and if I slice the apples up I might be okay but choke trying to eat whole apples, I like tea and hot water with fresh lemon or lime juice, but all these bits of calories add up, hence I. Trying to be careful. I bought so diet pop today but don’t want to overindulge on that either. Even my instant coffee has calories black. I don’t wa t to miss calories as I will then ponder how I gained or didn’t lose when I’m consuming more than I thought

Yeah Im only having one coffee/day now as mine has 39kcal in it, i used to only have two anyway.
The apples I have are cut into slices already, they come in bags pre done for kids lol, so not a whole apple

#29 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:17 PM

Yeah Im only having one coffee/day now as mine has 39kcal in it, i used to only have two anyway.
The apples I have are cut into slices already, they come in bags pre done for kids lol, so not a whole apple

Ahe are yours the instant with milk? I’m trying to drink more black coffee, so I don’t have the excess from milk, that sounds a good idea, are apples really high in calories? I saw someone lovely her on another post and two,pickles and an apple was 159 calories, I had pickles tonight, one gherkin and three pickled,onions and the calories were around 10 for,the gherkin and 12 for the onions, so this tells me apples are a lot,higher in calories than k had realised, I avoid them usually due to the above issues, but now I’m even more concerned about them! I’ve avoid carrots, peas,+04; as they’re high calorie due to sugars, but a, now thinking come on woman, you have to be seen to eat something, my husband is starting to get suspicious m he suggested slimming world may get me on track rather than going it alone, and then he commented on my tea being one cracker, half a portion of spread and the pickles and said you really do need to,eat. Don’t want to worry him, he has enough caring for me due to my health issues without extra worry, but I also know I need to do this, maybe I just need to get smarter  

GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

#30 Wannafeellikemeagain123

Wannafeellikemeagain123

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 03:57 PM

Ahe are yours the instant with milk? I’m trying to drink more black coffee, so I don’t have the excess from milk, that sounds a good idea, are apples really high in calories? I saw someone lovely her on another post and two,pickles and an apple was 159 calories, I had pickles tonight, one gherkin and three pickled,onions and the calories were around 10 for,the gherkin and 12 for the onions, so this tells me apples are a lot,higher in calories than k had realised, I avoid them usually due to the above issues, but now I’m even more concerned about them! I’ve avoid carrots, peas,+04; as they’re high calorie due to sugars, but a, now thinking come on woman, you have to be seen to eat something, my husband is starting to get suspicious m he suggested slimming world may get me on track rather than going it alone, and then he commented on my tea being one cracker, half a portion of spread and the pickles and said you really do need to,eat. Don’t want to worry him, he has enough caring for me due to my health issues without extra worry, but I also know I need to do this, maybe I just need to get smarter

I get the small bag of slices apples for kids, depending where u get em they are roughly 48-52 kcal, but its not a whole apple, i tend to stay away from stuff i have to weigh as my OH would get worried
  • Carrie788 likes this

#31 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:41 PM

I get the small bag of slices apples for kids, depending where u get em they are roughly 48-52 kcal, but its not a whole apple, i tend to stay away from stuff i have to weigh as my OH would get worried

That makes sense. Luckily my family tend to just leave me to it. But yes you don’t want to upset them and get them worrying. It’s hard sometimes. 

GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

#32 Carrie788

Carrie788

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUK, Lancashire

Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:42 AM

Yesterday I ate more at lunch time than I normally do and found in the evening my resolve was low, I struggled not to eat more, I was hungry and obsessing, I don’t think I was any hungrier than other nights but for some reason when I do eat I then seem to go into f it mode and want to just carry on, I have to get past that somehow. Luckily I was okay and didn’t go and stuff my face but it was very very close. I had two glasses of hot water with lemon to try stop myself.

GW1- 199 - achieved 
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 169
GW5 - 160

UGW? Who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users