Taylor Swift weight loss - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Taylor Swift weight loss

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 BlackCoffeeWhiteMonster

BlackCoffeeWhiteMonster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:25 PM

It truly makes me sad ;(

#22 proteinbarsbuzzin

proteinbarsbuzzin

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:27 PM

She has never been chubby!! And it's so selfish to wish someone in recovery to lose weight just so you wouldn't be as scared to start your recovery. Never wish someone to lose weight! What if she's relapsing, do you really wish that on anyone, especially her?? You're absolutely sickening.

• ☆PaisleySky☆, kitkat27, jalapeno and 5 others like this

#23 emmaadele

emmaadele

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:38 PM

Wow what in the edtwt is this shit........ yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ☆PaisleySky☆, hard, jalapeno and 3 others like this

#24 river song.

river song.

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • Locationtime and relative dimension in space

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:40 PM

I dont think this thread is going the way OP imagined lol oof 

• Zen21, frailkitten, StarvingLlama*-* and 1 other like this

We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

giphy.gif

she/her
💜💖💙

accountability

#25 rice_cake_queen

rice_cake_queen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:42 PM

I dont think this thread is going the way OP imagined lol oof 

Ain't that the truth

5'4

CW: 85 (dammit)

GW: 80

#26 rice_cake_queen

rice_cake_queen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:50 PM

Okay I never expected this to get so much attention so let me just say. I never meant to hurt anyone, obviously. Seeing all the responses here has made me realize some of the problems with my own mindset. It's a big fear of mine to become overweight after recovery, since it seems like it happens to a lot of people. Does anyone remember that one girl who went from like 50 pounds to 200+? Although she did go back to normal at least. But yeah. Whether or not you thought she was "chubby", you can't deny she gained a lot of weight really quickly. The fact that she gained it out of nowhere like that and then came out about an ED made me think the weight gain was part of the "consequences" of developing an eating disorder and trying to recover. I figured she went through a reactive eating phase after restricting for so long. Her weight loss made me feel better because I saw it as proof that your body can "bounce back" after restricting and binging, if that makes sense. But I realize now that part of the problem is that I shouldn't be scared to suddenly gain lots of weight, even if it's not guaranteed I'll ever "bounce back". I'm sorry to anyone I've hurt.

Also yeah, I did make this post after browsing skinnygossip lol

• anski and MikaMikaMika like this

5'4

CW: 85 (dammit)

GW: 80

#27 proteinbarsbuzzin

proteinbarsbuzzin

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:58 PM

Okay I never expected this to get so much attention so let me just say. I never meant to hurt anyone, obviously. Seeing all the responses here has made me realize some of the problems with my own mindset. It's a big fear of mine to become overweight after recovery, since it seems like it happens to a lot of people. Does anyone remember that one girl who went from like 50 pounds to 200+? Although she did go back to normal at least. But yeah. Whether or not you thought she was "chubby", you can't deny she gained a lot of weight really quickly. The fact that she gained it out of nowhere like that and then came out about an ED made me think the weight gain was part of the "consequences" of developing an eating disorder and trying to recover. I figured she went through a reactive eating phase after restricting for so long. Her weight loss made me feel better because I saw it as proof that your body can "bounce back" after restricting and binging, if that makes sense. But I realize now that part of the problem is that I shouldn't be scared to suddenly gain lots of weight, even if it's not guaranteed I'll ever "bounce back". I'm sorry to anyone I've hurt.

Also yeah, I did make this post after browsing skinnygossip lol

it's normal to lose wight after recovering or that's what I've at least heard so don't worry. Something about metabolism because you gain a lot suddenly because your metabolism is slow but after your metabolism is normal, it somehow MAY make you lose weight. But even if you wouldn't lose wight after recovering, I don't think that's the first thing you want in recovery. Recovery makes your life a lot better, I know that!! Recovery is worth it and you deserve it <3

#28 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5389 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:13 PM

. Does anyone remember that one girl who went from like 50 pounds to 200+? Although she did go back to normal at least.

Why'd you have to call me out like this? Lmfao

(Old) Accountability
Shortcut to my rants

My location

Binge free since 09/25/2021
Purge free since 09/25/2021

I'll be more active on EDC

#29 SnowflakeQueen

SnowflakeQueen

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationDevil’s Kettle

Posted 23 November 2021 - 07:03 PM

I do not like Taylor Swift as a musician and don’t care for her much as a person, but as an ED sufferer, I hope she’s feeling at peace in her body finally. Pretty sure she’s quite tall, so even though it looks like she gained substantial weight, I don’t personally think she got overweight. Just looks like a mid to upper healthy BMI at the photos I see of her at what appears to be her highest weight and personally I think she looks better that way and more bright and lively than when she was extremely thin. If she has lost some of it, I hope it’s not due to a relapse. I’m glad she could showcase to her fans overcoming a restrictive ED.
780-B592-A-E1-DE-4-EDD-8-E36-0341284-B1-

#30 ☆PaisleySky☆

☆PaisleySky☆

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2576 posts
  • LocationPNW🌲

Posted 23 November 2021 - 07:17 PM

Glad I wasn’t the only one who cringed when they read this. Yikes. 😬
I would hate to be a celebrity, imagine how horrible it would feel if people got upset with you for getting “chubby” in recovery and then expressed… Joy? Relief…? In seeing you relapse.
  • kitkat27, jalapeno, Thinchance and 4 others like this

5'2"

CW 93 lbs 🐳

LW 76 lbs

Recovery failure.

✨Watch my relapse here✨

#31 sunsetsky

sunsetsky

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 08:27 PM

I noticed that she did lose some weight! hope all is well with her I love Taylor and her music :) 

^_^

#32 sweetandstarving

sweetandstarving

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 23 November 2021 - 09:50 PM

i don't think she was ever 'chubby' - she looked great.

although i've been an avid swiftie for years and during promotion for red (taylor's version) i noticed that she looked a LOT smaller than she did around this time in 2018/2019.

it's hard because i love her and her music so much... but at the same time, even watching videos of her triggers me a lot.

i just hope she's not relapsing and that she's doing well.

it could be her body weight redistributing/evening out as she's gotten further into recovery.

• kitkat27, proteinbarsbuzzin and ricecakegirl2667 like this

and there we are again, when nobody had to know.

you kept me like a secret, but i kept you like an oath.

#33 jalapeno

jalapeno

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:31 PM

wtf is this post dude lol 

• skinnydreams2212 likes this

#34 ricecakegirl2667

ricecakegirl2667

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 11:42 AM

i don't think she was ever 'chubby' - she looked great.

although i've been an avid swiftie for years and during promotion for red (taylor's version) i noticed that she looked a LOT smaller than she did around this time in 2018/2019.

it's hard because i love her and her music so much... but at the same time, even watching videos of her triggers me a lot.

i just hope she's not relapsing and that she's doing well.

it could be her body weight redistributing/evening out as she's gotten further into recovery.

I also hope the same thing !! I've been a fan of hers for a while and although we don't really know how long shes been struggling she always has been pretty small. I'm hoping that while she was in recovery they set her recovery weight a little higher to have some wiggle room. I do think she looked great before though and it does always concern me because people are so quick to make public comments about her weight that she will quickly return to old habits...

#35 keepingupappearances

keepingupappearances

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:54 PM

Omg, I hope this poor woman never Googles herself. If I were a celebrity and this popped up in a search, I’d lose my mind…
  • anski, obsidianblood, 𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 and 1 other like this
On a seemingly never-ending quest to keep up appearances, i.e., maintain a weight low enough that I can handle it psychologically and high enough that I can live my life and not cause concern. It's exhausting.

#36 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3520 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:28 PM

no??? she was never chubby and even if she had been it's not our business to talk about. she literally talked about having an ED so it feels really disrespectful/backhanded to talk about her like this.

dude, this times a million. n p.s love some t swift songs.. the video for out of the woods is epic

• wishiwasskinny999 likes this

<p>Dream Believe you will succeed-Scott Stapp--
Height 5-9
Weight-112

gw:100

ugh:98

#37 anski

anski

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1181 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 30 November 2021 - 04:13 PM

i did realise and found it triggering :/ plus i'm worried about her, esp because EVERYONE is saying how good she looks rn(and she does but like... so she did before when she was 'chubby'). it's kind of what happened with anna taylor joy. she lost a lot of weight and suddenly people started talking about how beautiful she is and how good she looks but i didn't see that kind of energy when she was at her emma or queen's gambit weight. like people never say it's because they've lost weight that they find them more attractive now... but when you've gone through an ED you're extremely sensitive to it and you realise how phony everyone is.

• keepingupappearances likes this
«𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗’𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢. 𝚒 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎»

https://www.instagra...m/balletskates/

#38 myheartisastubbornpound

myheartisastubbornpound

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 November 2021 - 04:32 PM

You know how Taylor went from thinspo to chubby out of nowhere? Well it looks like she's losing weight again and it makes me soooo happy BECAUSE I know she had an ED/disordered eating and the fact that she gained weight made me scared to recover. And who knows maybe her new weight loss was unhealthy but I think it's more likely that she had a period of binging after restricting and now she's actually learning healthy habits. At least I hope that's the case. If it is then it gives me hope <3

I agree with you. She was chubby. XD

#39 smile2244

smile2244

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 05:43 PM

people are so quick to make public comments about her weight that she will quickly return to old habits...

This is the sad part.  It must be so hard being in the public eye.  

• 𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users