Very morbid topic, TW... cremation or traditionally buried? - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Very morbid topic, TW... cremation or traditionally buried?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 MonkeyJam

MonkeyJam

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationThe Dark side

Posted 26 November 2021 - 10:32 PM

omg i watched that! i was so frustrated at how it discontinued

Oh no! I only just finished season 2. Is there no more?  :o This show did remind me of that movie "warm bodies" 

#42 GrungeBarbie

GrungeBarbie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:36 PM

I shall be buried. I already have my plot and it even has my name on it. One of my kids died from cancer, so my husband and I bought the space next to her.

#43 aloof!

aloof!

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:58 PM

buried. with flowers growing over where i was buried. cremation feels so... not human to me. 

it's morbid but i literally have a pinterest board for my funeral, so.

170 / 5'7" | hw 65+ / 145+ | lw 45 / 100 | cw 111.4 | ugw 45 / 100 | bmi 17.5

tumblr_nxyfqzOVbK1ul5mg5o1_500.png

"just because you know you're colourblind doesn't mean you can see the colours"
accountability
-
you need the power of the prunes babby

#44 gaslit

gaslit

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:38 AM

buried . ill end up in my family's graveyard out in the middle of buttfuck nowhere .. hope i get a pretty spot

91 lb
bmi 15.5

#45 starving-satisfaction

starving-satisfaction

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2270 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:07 AM

cremated and maybe turned into jewelry for someone who really cares for me.
  • Mitsy likes this
she/they!
𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖒: starvingsatisfaction

y͎o͎u͎ ͎m͎a͎t͎t͎e͎r͎

US crisis hotline: 1-800-273-8255
NEDA hotline: 1-800-931-2237
NEDA crisis chat link: https://www.national...ontact-helpline

chasing a body i know that i'll never outrun.

19 y/o • ed since 2011

#46 SpongebobZeroPants

SpongebobZeroPants

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1846 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under the sea?

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:26 AM

Thrown in dumpster is fine.

Harvest all organs that can be used first... but I don't think they'll take any at this point. They're kinda all messed up now.  :/

I am trying hard to stay medically stable, after having caused permanent multiple organ damage, and losing everything I loved in my life to ED.

Did you know?:

*Female bodies generally require a minimum 1200cal/day; Males, 1800cal/day; just to have basic organ function (can require a lot more if tall and/or athletic).

*800 cal/day or less is considered medical starvation.

*The definition of high restriction is no more than a few hundred cals below TDEE. The definition of low restriction is generally anywhere between your BMR (likely at least 1200 cal/day), and high restriction. So for a person who when healthy has a TDEE of 2000 cal/day, high restriction is about 1600-1950, and low restriction is about 1200-1600. With patience, it is very possible to increase your TDEE so you can eat a lot more without gain.

*Eating less harms metabolism and shuts down systems. Eating more than the bare minimum can make metabolism work faster, and also help you feel way better. Low restriction is not necessary, is counterproductive, often leads to binges, and is super dangerous. It also causes the body to eat muscle and bone faster, which frequently leads to heart failure, osteoporosis, and seizures, among other things.

*The brain requires at least 130g of carbs at minimum, per day, just to function. And that is assuming you're not doing a ton of exercise, or very tall or muscular, or in other ways burning through the stores more quickly. Eating less than that, risks not only your intelligence, but causes more anxiety, BDD, depression, makes it very hard to think clearly and make reasonable decisions (including regarding the ED), and risks your organs failing because the brain is responsible for telling each of them what to do. It can also lead to dizziness, coordination, and speech and language problems. 

*You train your brain how to think, and your body how to act, with repetitive behaviors. Repeating healthy thoughts and behaviors every day makes being healthy get a lot easier. Repeating unhealthy thoughts and behaviors every day, makes getting better a lot harder.

*Malnutrition biologically causes depression, anxiety, and OCD behaviors like ED to get way worse. The brain needs carbs, healthy fats, B vitamins, Vit. D, calcium, and magnesium, among other things, to be able to think straight and feel happy. Getting enough of each, can make ED symptoms lessen in whole lot in time.

*Drinking around 96 oz. water/day, getting in daily balanced electrolytes and a multivitamin, and eating just a little bit of a wide range of foods and types of nutrients, can reduce likelihood for organ failure and seizures.

*The longer you stay in ED, the more severe your behaviors need to be to get the same results. It gets way harder over time, not easier, to hit goals.

*ED damage is cumulative, and each relapse gets increasingly more dangerous.

*Pro-ana content makes people sadder.

*ED makes everything in life worse, and does not solve problems. Building a wide range of stress management skills is a much better option, that also has longer-lasting results.

*Recovery might feel rough for a year, or a year and a half, but will feel awesome then for the rest of your life. Harm reduction is way better than nothing! Each day we get to live, is a new day to start over and try again.

*A majority of people with ED recover fully eventually. You can get there! The sooner you try, and commit fully to it though, the easier it is and the more likely it is to be permanent. It is easier if you don't have brain/organ damage yet. Keep trying! You deserve to be happy and healthy. <3

#47 gloum

gloum

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerz

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:37 AM

I'm donating my body to science, and want any remains to be cremated

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

cw 147.8

bmi 24.6
gw1 185
gw2 149
gw3 119
gw4 110
gw5 96

ugw 90

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

tumblr_n3g8ak23KV1som4u1o2_640.png

#48 Mitsy

Mitsy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:04 AM

5'3"

cw 99

hw 155

lw 75

sw117

gw 100

ugw maintain above 100 below 115

F*** you ED!

#49 Workandcoffee

Workandcoffee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:06 AM

Uhhhgg same

#50 wakawaka

wakawaka

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationWalley World

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:17 AM

traditional burial

i get creeped out thinking of my body being burned to ashes

like ik i wouldnt feel anything but it still freaks me out

ULckJR.png

#51 Lurtsi

Lurtsi

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in Finland

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:52 AM

My answer is definitely cremation. I prefer the spirituality of being burned to ashes than becoming some rotting corpse 6ft under. Also, I don't belong in church like most people in my country and there's only so much space in graveyard...

#52 h3ll_grl

h3ll_grl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 05:15 AM

I really wanted my organs to be donated but considering that's very unlikely because of my overall bad health, I want my body to be donated to science. I don't care what they do to it, but if it helps to anything I'd be happy

#53 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8048 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 27 November 2021 - 05:56 AM

Cremated and put into a tree urn
Then I hope to become a tree and eventually be made into the only thing I can say i truly loved not related to my ed: a book
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" goal - 99? Why not hahahahaha
I'm definitely falling in a rabbit hole now....

#54 clover00

clover00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 06:54 AM

I would want to donate all my organs and then just be cremated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#55 Pax~Immorte

Pax~Immorte

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1369 posts
  • LocationCanuck 🍁

Posted 27 November 2021 - 11:37 AM

I shall be buried. I already have my plot and it even has my name on it. One of my kids died from cancer, so my husband and I bought the space next to her.

Sending you the biggest of hugs My heart aches for your loss… no parent should ever outlive their child
  • SadBarista likes this

I came, I saw, I tried to leave
but life just wasn’t done with me
So I waved hospice goodbye, took Ana’s hand in mine and begged
“Peace until the end?”
And with wry reply she sighed
“I’ll do my best my friend…”
So we live
side by side
Until it’s our turn to drift away
on the gentle tide
~Pax

“I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual”
~Virginia Woolf

Accountability : https://www.myproana...reathe-i-hope”/

What is Harm Reduction (for Eating Disorders)?

https://jeatdisord.b...0306-3/tables/1[/url]

#56 kissmyabs

kissmyabs

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2618 posts
  • Locationshe/her

Posted 27 November 2021 - 11:45 AM

Always liked the tree thing but first I want my organs to be donated to someone in need. Donating my body entirely to science freaks me out a little too much but they can take all the biopsies they want.

undiagnosed restrictive bs

BMI 23 22 21 20 19 maintenance

hsgd accountability turned recovery-ish

https://www.myproana...sed-turning-30/

#57 SadBarista

SadBarista

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 11:48 AM

My religion doesnt allow cremation, but I want to be buried normally, not embalmed. I know most people in the US get embalmed, but ive seen the process of it and ugh I just want to decay normally instead of that being done to me. Less of a cost for family too
  • obsidianblood likes this

#58 letmeloseit

letmeloseit

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

I always thought it would be really funny to be cremated and during my service have a close friend turn on the highway to hell song and several fans, spraying my ashes on the crowd. I'd never do it, but it's def a thought. Another part of me really likes the idea of my bones being displayed in museum or something, but idk how I'd work that one out.

• Mitsy and SpongebobZeroPants like this

"Hit me, you can't hurt me"

- Anthony Kiedis

HW:155

CW:136

GW: 115

#59 colonelmustard

colonelmustard

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 09:23 PM

after all the effort I've already put into becoming a skeleton in this life, I'd be pretty mad if I was cremated

• letmeloseit likes this

CW: 119
      ~
GW1: 110
GW2: 105
GW3: 100
      ~
UGW: 95

#60 si-starke

si-starke

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 01:44 AM

ive always wanted a funeral pyre since i was a kid, and even though its for religious reasons i dont think my province will allow it which sucks. also: this week my dad is writing his will and i have to be the one to make sure everything is done properly which is v stressful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

{who needs recovery anyway}

they/them

current//goal

waist: 38 35'--20'

hips: 43 42'--25'

chest: 45 43'--25'(on waitlist for reduction)

thigh: 23'--15'

arm:13 12'--7'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users